Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Copyright in cases of liquidation

Options
  • 04-02-2013 4:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi,

I'm looking to get permission to use images relating to a company/brand that was liquidated in the 1980s. As the company no longer exists, does anyone have an inkling how are issues such as copyright effected, or know of the correct body/resource to contact?

Any thoughts appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

fun_gav wrote: »
    I'm looking to get permission to use images relating to a company/brand that was liquidated in the 1980s. As the company no longer exists, does anyone have an inkling how are issues such as copyright effected, or know of the correct body/resource to contact?

Did the company own the copyright, or did some design/image company?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 fun_gav

Hi Paul. The images are advertisements with images of the company logo & headquarters which date from the 50s. I'm hoping to get permission to reproduce from the Newspaper they appeared in, but wanted to try and ascertain the copyright position. I don't hold out much hope on discovering the agency behind the artwork so had hoped to be able to at least be informed as to the ownership of the company copyright in cases of liquidation. Might it go into the public domain?

Advertisement