Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Copyright in cases of liquidation

Options
  • 04-02-2013 4:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi,

I'm currently compiling images for a cultural publication. I'm looking to get permission to use images relating to a company/brand that was liquidated in the 1980s. As the company no longer exists, does anyone have an inkling how are issues such as copyright effected, or know of the correct body/resource to contact?

Any thoughts appreciated!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭ThirdMan

Try the Legal Discussion forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭nompere

fun_gav wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm currently compiling images for a cultural publication. I'm looking to get permission to use images relating to a company/brand that was liquidated in the 1980s. As the company no longer exists, does anyone have an inkling how are issues such as copyright effected, or know of the correct body/resource to contact?

Any thoughts appreciated!

When solvent companies are liquidated the liquidator may either dispose of any assets and account for the proceeds of those assets to the shareholders, or he may transfer those assets to the shareholders.

When insolvent companies are liquidated the liquidator will realise what he can for the assets and then pay as much as he can to the creditors.

Either way someone else almost certainly now owns the assets.

The liquidator, and his appointment is a matter of public record, is probably your first port of call.

A search on www.cro.ie will give you the liquidator's name and address.

Advertisement