Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Woman wanted 38k for stumbling and almost falling

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Nearly shat myself the morning after a rake of pints last weekend. Think i'll sue Guinness.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Scruffles

find people like her insulting.
    in the rare times am out in shops,will hit the floor unconcious due to loud noise from inside the store or epileptic seizures.
    am fully paralyzed from the waist down afterwards as well for up to a day afterwards thanks to a side effect of severe sensory overload and epilepsy called todds paralysis, and do not have a wheel chair so have to be carried out and brought straight home; with the tasks not done.
    however,have never once thought of sueing the shops even when they said they woud not do something they then went and did.
    this is just part of life,and so is making mistakes and being clumsy.
    am fed up of people sueing for stupid sht like this.

lots of riding schools in this country have been put through legal action from idiots who have fallen off the horse and not suffered a serious injury but tried to blame the riding school for their own failing-its been a big issue highlighted by horse and hound magazine,riding is a high risk sport yet people still sue for it when there has been no fault,fkin ridiculous.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Not about this case in particular but there should be a fine if the court finds the allegation an undeniable lie.
    It is an offence under the Civil Liability & Courts Act 2004 to given false evidence etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

I once fell backwards down an escalators in Dunnes , I was about 12 and stupidly sat on the escalated and it lifted me up and backwards , caught my leg in the gap and a few people pulled me up thank god, might have been killed.

Should I sue Dunnes for having escalators?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Truley

"Better Call Saul"

http://www.bettercallsaul.com/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭monkeypants

She said she had just collected a fry with coffee on a tray and was walking towards the cash desk when one of her feet went from under her.
    I hope she's now going to pay for that coffee and fry.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 381 ✭✭Bad Santa

I tripped on one of those damn rubber backed shop mats and went head first into a lottery stand, near killing myself in the process. Much to the amusement of a bunch of cool kids. Real dignity stripper.

How much would I get for severe mortification of the limbic system?

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Papillon!

chaaaaancer

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Apanachi

Speaking of stupid claims, I saw this testomonial on an Irish claim site

claim.jpg

Advertisement