Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using a Wide receiver as a tight end

• 04-02-2013 5:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭

So I played the Bronco's the other night . Now it didn't have an impact on the game itself I'm worried about the ramifications of it .

Of someone starts lining up there WR as as a TE you'll have a linebacker /WR mis match every play .

Thoughts ?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,136 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

As a result of an audible or is that just the way the depth chart is? Lining up at the edge of the offensive line?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

He had him set up in his depth chart as his number 2 TE even tho he's a WR ..

So when he had a play with his TE in the slot . I'd be face with decker on the line as a TE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

I could be wrong but I think it'll still show up as a WR on the preview.

Like if you run a play with 2WR 2TE and 1RB, but one of the TE is your WR. Then it'll show a 3WR 1TE 1RB.

When I use the patritots I have Hernandez as the third WR, but the commentators will comment on it as a 2 TE play

empacher wrote: »
    I could be wrong but I think it'll still show up as a WR on the preview.

Like if you run a play with 2WR 2TE and 1RB, but one of the TE is your WR. Then it'll show a 3WR 1TE 1RB.

When I use the patritots I have Hernandez as the third WR, but the commentators will comment on it as a 2 TE play

Seeing what formation isn't the problem. This madden doesn't have assignments . So I have to do a great deal of manual audibling to prevent the miss match .

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,136 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I dont think this should be allowed, does he only have 1 TE? No reason for liniiing up a WR on the end of the Oline, pretty unrealistic too

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

So are you saying it would line up like this Dave?

WR
    WR-OL-OL-OL-OL-OL
    TE
    WR

So then the MLB would cover the WR lined up in the TE position and you'd have a CB on the TE out in the WR position.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

If you call a play for example from the Ace Gun ( 2WR 2TE 1RB ) but you sub a WR in as TE. Then it will appear as 3WR 1TE 1RB on the little preview your opponent sees in the bottom right hand corner.

So assuming you pick man coverage. You choose the play that gives you 3 CB and 2LB. Then hit base align and the CB will line up against the WR

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

adrian522 wrote: »
    I dont think this should be allowed, does he only have 1 TE? No reason for liniiing up a WR on the end of the Oline, pretty unrealistic too

I think he does. I'm sure Perrin can clear the situation up properly but I was playing him the other night and we were chatting, he mentioned having some issues with his TE's, and either he doesn't have a 2nd one (I took his draft TE target Kolhausen, was slagging him about that) or his WR that he is using there is rated highly in the position and higher than his other options.

I also find it funny that the Patriots are complaining about a mismatch with a TE, considering they have a professional wrestler with the hands of Jerry Rice at the edge of their line :pac: (that was a joke, just in case).

WR---OL-OL-OL-OL-OL-WR---TE----WR.
    QB

RB

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Too lazy to write it out but I'll quote the jitz of it from results :pac:
    PerrinV2 wrote: »
    And 1 other thing Dave mentioned to me in the game was that I was playing my WR Decker(rated 81 at wr) at TE.The reasoning why that is because I drafted a rookie WR at the draft who I decided to play ahead of him as I don't really like decker,so then after I noticed as I flicked through my depth chart that decker was also rated 79 at TE so I put him as my no.2 TE behind Tamme.I had intended to pick up a TE in post free agent but I had to sort my LE and DT problems first and by then I had played 2 games and he had done ok and so I left him there.
    And to answer some questions
    1.Regarding mismatches/formations,last game I played was really the first time I was picking formations on offense which was really just run offense.Pass offense was 95% ask madden plays so with regard to me coming out in formations to cause mismatchs,I sure as hell didn't know I was doing that.
    2.I do have have a second TE,J thomas I believe rated 66
    3.I'll jump on and sign a Free agent TE(there's bound to be some1 decent left.....right?) before my next game versus the bears and take decker out of there.
    Seriously it was all deckers idea but who can stay angry at that face
    eric-decker-gq-november-2010.jpeg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

I know it's a mismatch for man coverage but I have noticed if I pick say a 1TE 3WR formation and audible to another play with 2 TE 2WR I can get Larry Fitz on a mismatch with MLB, but the main problem is if its a run play/play action/ or even needing more than 2 seconds to pass you are gonna get nailed as a rusher or blitz has huge advantage on a WR if the defense notice what's going on!

Advertisement