Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does anyone know a cheap place for those saw horses.

Options
  • 04-02-2013 5:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭

You know the stanley saw horses (or other brands) plastic things that fold up... looking for 4 of these... last time I bought some I think I paid like 15 euro for 2... pricing them today they are 40 euro a pair which seemed a wee bit pricey.... anyone know a place that does these a bit cheaper....

Thanks,
    Steven.

Comments

Lidl or aldi sometimes have them but you might have to wait for them

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭slpower01

Yeah I remember them popping up before and last minute they changed and were selling a heavy metal one instead... I hope they come up for sale soon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭1chippy

Make a set. they should last longer and if you make them well enough they will be far more impressive to lift out of the van.

I thought about making a set but I have a feeling they will weigh a good bit more then the plastic ones and every bit of weight counts on the road.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

slpower01 wrote: »
    I thought about making a set but I have a feeling they will weigh a good bit more then the plastic ones and every bit of weight counts on the road.

You will pick up a set in some builders providers for around 30 euro.

I also saw them in Lidl or Aldi last week...cant remember which store as I was in both stores in the 1 day.

• Advertisement

Oh thanks, ill check out both tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

One length of 2x2 for the legs a bit off ply for gussets 3 ft 4x 2 for the top
    No weight at all.

I ordered me some of these http://www.iedepot.ie/foldable_metal_sawhorses/
    easy for storage and only need two compared to 4 plastic ones due to the longer width

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭1chippy

And heres me usually pushing down the back of a van to see if i can throw another couple of cube into it.

Advertisement