Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VM bit question

Options
  • 04-02-2013 5:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭

Hi folks

If I set up & run a Windows 98 VM, running under Windows 7 x64...will the VM be able to process & run 16bit software? I want to install my copy of Civilization 2 but the software on the disc isn't compatible with x32/64 OS's

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,952 ✭✭✭✭briany

EnterNow wrote: »
    Hi folks

If I set up & run a Windows 98 VM, running under Windows 7 x64...will the VM be able to process & run 16bit software? I want to install my copy of Civilization 2 but the software on the disc isn't compatible with x32/64 OS's

I was able to install an old disc of AutoCad 98 on a Windows 95 VM running on a host with the same OS as yourself and have it run perfectly. In fact I was able to install STALKER on an XP guest (as an experiment. I'm aware that I could run it from W7 as well) using VMware workstation with hardware acceleration enabled and it ran fine. I don't think it should be a problem to you since the role of a VM is to emulate old x16 hardware through software and you should be able to install it right off the disc.

Advertisement