Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ooh ! Michael Owen !

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

Wear the jersey, become the jersey!
    He's training with Huth & Shawcross on a daily basis. It's going to have knock-on effects!

Sure it was only November the guy had a moustache! He's gone rogue!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

dd972 wrote: »
    http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/premier-league-mr-nice-guy-michael-owens-angry-124642603.html

Probably the most energetic thing this smug,bland con artist has done since leaving Real Madrid, at least the likes of Scholes, Giggs and Lampard want to play football, I wish he'd clear off to his stables and mess around with his nags, took the Geordies for a ride and sat on his hole for 3 years at Old Trafford.
    Wow issues much? He was on the back of what he thought was a bad tackle and reacted, everybody who has played football has done it. Get over whatever little hang up you have there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I'm just stunned that people still give Michael Owen money to wander cluelessly around a football pitch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Reganio 2 wrote: »
    Wow issues much? He was on the back of what he thought was a bad tackle and reacted, everybody who has played football has done it. Get over whatever little hang up you have there.

Including Scholes, who is mentioned in the OP, when he tried to punch Alonso a few years back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,391 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

It's just a bit of handbags, get over it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,246 ✭✭✭Esse85

A nothing incident.

The OP must of lost a bet on a horse owned by Owen, beaten at a photo finish was it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭roanoke

Liam O wrote: »
    It's just a bit of handbags, get over it.

Stoke's handbags have bricks in them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭WesternZulu

It's nothing...even in the slow-motion replay you can see it's nothing.

You'd see worse at an U-12 game!

Compare that to Rooney's elbow on McCarthy last year, now that was was thugish behaviour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭dd972

Including Scholes, who is mentioned in the OP, when he tried to punch Alonso a few years back.

Don't begrudge Scholes a penny of his wealth or success, a genuine lad who doesn't schmooze and smarm around, and gives his all on the pitch.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

This type of hype is what is starting to put me off football.I love the sport to it's core,but it's turning into a soap more than a sport.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

It was stupid of Owen to lash out like that but it was nothing. A little flick out at Arteta. It's the type of thing that if the roles were reversed and Arteta was the one being charged I'd be outraged. But then again its Stoke and its Michael Owen so I couldn't give a ****e either way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

I hope that Arteta will be OK after that horrendous physicality demonstrated by an emotionless monster.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

I hope that Arteta will be OK after that horrendous physicality demonstrated by an emotionless monster.

I heard ferguson sypathised with arteta of this clear act of attempted murder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

dd972 wrote: »
    Don't begrudge Scholes a penny of his wealth or success, a genuine lad who doesn't schmooze and smarm around, and gives his all on the pitch.

When has Michael Owen not given it his all on the pitch?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭roanoke

When has Michael Owen not given it his all on the pitch?

Well that punch on Arteta seemed a bit half-hearted for one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Typical from them, i doubt stoke training sessions even involve a football!

Advertisement