Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

canadian adventure/gaelforce west

Options
  • 04-02-2013 6:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭

Right so here it goes, i have been a past poster on here and have always found it helpful! I've been in canada now for 8months and the winter has killed me. When i arrived last may the temp. was between 23-30 degree's, and the area for running around Edmonton where i am is brilliant with tracks and trails everywhere you look., the downside...winter time since october i have not been able to run outside and with another 1-2 months of cold weather left its becoming frustrating, i have been in the gym since november doing runs on the thread mill and on the bike machine, but its not the same, since the weather changed my weight has gone up from 12 to 13 and a bit stone( its all in lbs here so i am officially 183.6lbsw now)! I went home for X-mass for 3 weeks as well and have not been to the gym since the day i left for ireland (dec 19th):eek:! going back now tonight and hopefully can cut out the crap and try and fall in love with the thread mill and bike, i really am an outdoor person when it comes to running but guess for the next 2 months i don't have a choice, also i have signed up for gaelforce west this year again and though i am not quite certain that i will be able to get home for it it is a goal to strive for! basically i am using this as a motivating tool to keep me honest, if anyone should stumble apon this log who has any experience of training on a thread mill please don't hesitate to give your'e two-pence worth. here to the candian lifestyle:D

target weight goal is to go from 183.6lbs to 168<
    fitness goal if i manage to get home for it sub 4 gaelforce, previos time was 4:20

could someone move this to training logs please, i made a boo-boo

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Should also stick you weight and target weight in the TDAR Weight Loss thread, helps motivate the mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭centre back

thurs 28th 10.65km
    sat 30th 10.65
    I came home from work on thursday and the temperature was a high 4 degrees, snow and ice starting to melt,so headed out for my first run of the year, i was off work for good friday which is a big thing here in canada so went off shopping for my first ever gps watch. settled on the nike gps plus, and as it was at $180, it was a lot cheaper than the garmin at $521. So today i ran the same route as thursday evening and it showed up at 10.65km. i have to say i am impressed with the features while basic enough they are more than adequate for me and when you plug the watch in to the laptop it automatically uploads your'e recent runs to the site which i find great,( i know now that experts here are well used to this, but for me it's a great find)

got out again yesterday for a 4 mile recovery run, calfs are very tight/sore so must improve my stretching routine, hoping to get out later today as i want to make the most of this hood weather!

7.1 miles today, slow pace but we are moving forward

same route again today so another 7.1 miles

Advertisement