Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

looking for ideas

Options
  • 04-02-2013 7:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Hi I have some money and would like to start a retail business but don't seem to be able to find a suitable business, any thoughts on what is a good area to get into nowadays

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Try take away food (except burgers).

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭chprt

where are you based?

I have an idea and am looking for a partner for it.

thanks paddy

www.onlinemathsgrinds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Gizmoses

You should consider bringing your ideas to having an online business. Cost's much less and easy to set up. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Milkman2012

am based in the west, good advice on the burgers, could open fast food joint selling horsemeat burgers, online business seesm interesting but again need to have an idea

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Gizmoses

Horsemeat burgers.. it would take off like a rocket.

I'll message you. I've an idea i need to partner up with someone with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭rgmmg

Gizmoses wrote: »
    Horsemeat burgers.. it would take off like a rocket.

I'll message you. I've an idea i need to partner up with someone with.

Market is flooded already. Rumoured to be tainted with that cow meat too.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Fries-With-That

Hi I have some money and would like to start a retail business but don't seem to be able to find a suitable business, any thoughts on what is a good area to get into nowadays

Forget about the fast food business unless there is a real opening where you live.
    A real opening would be a town with a population of 3500 or more people and no competition.
    Also take into consideration if you open a fast food take away business pretty soon someone else will decide to open one too.

If you're serious about opening a retail outlet you have consider what type of outlet you would be happy to work in.

Do you want to sell clothes or jewellery, do you want to open a corner shop or a supermarket.

Now that you have an idea of what type of outlet you'd like, visit as many similar shops in as many similar sized towns as you live in over a few weeks/months and at different times of the day.

Look at what each business offers to their customer and look at what you think you could improve on.

The easy part is spending your money on a idea, the hard part is spending your money on an idea that will work for you long term.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

i agree the takeaway business has been fully overdone by others and you will struggle up against the big boys.
    im living in the west and if its the food industry your looking at then maybe an actual nice resturant maybe an idea not a takeaaway but an actual resturant serving dinners wine etc. there really isnt many around but i havent looked into it much at all so i cant comment too much but its an idea. it would cost alot to get off the ground with decorating furniture etc though

Advertisement