Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with wireless devices dropping off Broadband

• 04-02-2013 7:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭

Hi folks, wondering if ye can help me here.

Basically I've been having trouble with my wifi network and the devices that are connecting to it.

The network consists of:
    1 desktop that is connected to the modem with an ethernet cable
    1 PS3 that is connected to the modem with an ethernet cable
    3 laptops that connect to the modem through wifi
    3 smart phones that connect to the modem through wifi

The problem is that the laptops and smart phones lose the connection when they go into standby or are turned off. A quick fix is to turn the modem on and off but that is a slight PITA with 8 different devices being connected to the network.

What can I do to fix this problem. The internet is provided by Vodafone and the modem is an Eircom Netopia router.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

We had the same problem with an Eircom Zyxel router as it kept dropping the iPad connection (had to enable connection manually every 5 min sometimes). Fixed the problem by buying a TP Link router, think it cost around €50. We had other issues with the crappy Zyxel router as well (eircom's supplied routers are total junk) not connecting to our Sky box and also Apple TV. New router fixed all problems.

Advertisement