Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thegreatescape's Study Log

• 04-02-2013 8:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 420 ✭✭

I thought I'd start one of these to keep track of my studying (or lack of :o)
    I'm aiming for over 500, 520+. I want to do Science in Trinity.

Subjects:
    English - H
    Irish - H
    Maths - H
    Biology - H
    Business - H
    Home Ec - H
    Links - C
    French - O

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 420 ✭✭thegreatescape

Links - World of Work Done
    Business - Interest groups Done
    Biology - Structure of a flowering plant Done (got musculoskeletal system done too)
    Home Ec - management of household financial resources Done

It only took me 2 hours with half an hour slots! I got the extra chapter in Biology done so quickly because they're both relatively short chapters and the content is easy enough. :)

Plans for today:
    Links - Finish world of work Done
    Irish - Sraith pictuiri Done (about 4)
    Business - Q2 content (Did one or two chapters :o)
    Home Ec - Nutritional disorders (Ended up studying minerals instead..)
    Biology - The circulatory system Done

Well today's study didn't go too well. I honestly think the closer I get to my mocks (after midterm) the lazier I'm getting. Oops.

Very tired today. I've done an hour of Irish grinds (oral work) and an hour of maths grinds today (differentiation) and just finished my homework! I hate Wednesdays. I have a home ec class test tomorrow so I'll study that and my Link Modules mock on Friday so I'll do that too...and maybe a few biology experiments!

Home Ec - Minerals Done
    Links - Enterprise Done (half)
    Biology - 3 experiments Done (Osmosis, food tests and yeast growth with agar plates)

Links exam tomorrow! Irish oral on Saturday! Busy me.

Links - Finish Enterprise and revise over World of Work Done
    Irish - Sraith Pictuiri and myself, hometown, school etc. Done
    Home Ec - Continue preservation :o(Did resource management and short questions instead)
    Biology - Human Reproduction (Wasn't bothered. Did human nutrition and a few experiments instead)

I also got my English Comparative done on Cultural Context. Now off to sleep before my Links exam in the morning and Irish oral on Sat!

The Links exam went very well! I'm just tired and annoyed today in general due to recent events..

I'm studying away for my Irish oral tomorrow morning. Why did I put myself down for 9.20 tomorrow morning? I'm fine with reading the poems..(even An Spailpin Fanach), the general conversation etc etc. But the sraith pictuiri. I want to burn them. I'm on the third picture and I'm already fed up! I'm hoping I'll get one of the first few that I actually know. Anyone that's reading this, any tips for the sraith pictuiri? It'd be highly appreciated :P

• Advertisement

Irish oral went great! Got the sraith pictuir about going on holiday to Malaga, and had to read out mo ghrasa! very Happy :)

I've just did the 2007 short questions in Home Ec and will probably just do a chapter of Biology and a few in business today.

Biology - DNA and RNA
    Business - Q2

Found out I got an A2 in my Irish oral mock! (35%/40%) YAY! Very pleased.
    I didn't do anything yesterday. At all. But I'm back today and ready for action!

Business - Chapter 21 Done
    English - Comparative - Cultural Context Done
    Irish - Geibheann Done
    Home Ec - Diets&Family Law Done
    Biology - Human Reproduction Done (kinda)

I'm dreading these mocks next week. Eugh. :(

Business - Chapter 4 Done
    Irish - Oisin i dTir na nOg Done
    Home Ec - Lipids Done and continue with Resource Management Done
    English - Bishop Didn't happen. Was so unmotivated.
    Biology - Bacteria Done

Have done absolutely nothing so far today. I'm such a bad student, especially considering I have my mocks next week. :O

English - Bishop Done
    Irish - An Gnathrud Done
    Home Ec - Continue Resource Management Done, also did food processor, kettle and fridge along with a few exam questions

Heading to maths grinds now, hopefully will make up for the lack of maths study I've done. I'm screwed. Might go over some business when I come home but that'll be me for the day. Full day of study planned for tomorrow.

Did Probability in maths grinds last night, how fun.

Today's plan is as follows:
    English - Bishop Exam Q's Done
    Irish - Cáca Milis Done
    Business - Chapters 4 and 6 Done (also did chapter 5)
    Home Ec - Continue Resource Management Done (also did a bit on family, law etc)
    Maths - Finish Probability Didn't get done

I've just realised too that I haven't given my hoped for grades in June!

English - A2
    Irish - B1
    Home Ec - A1
    Biology - A1
    Business - A2
    Maths - C3
    Links - Distinction

I didn't put French in there because I'm doing Ordinary Level and won't be using it for points.

• Advertisement

I feel horrible today, my stomach's in bits. Oh well. Starting to panic now too, considering my mocks start in three days. Sh*t.

Plans:
    Business - Chapters 7 and 8 Got chapter 8 done, didn't do 7
    English - Learn Bishop quotes Didn't do
    Biology - Circulatory system Half done
    Home Ec - The Irish Diet Done and Sensory Analysis

Far too annoyed/sick/tired to do anything else. The fact I haven't done any work for maths apart from my weekly grinds is scaring me too.

I didn't get anywhere near the amount of work I wanted to get done today. I'm properly annoyed. I'll make up for it tomorrow.

So far today I've gone through potential short questions in Business and completely done everything on questions 1 and 2. Freaking out for the mocks starting on Monday, so jealous of the people who've finished them already. :p

Plans for today:
    Business - Short Q's and Long Questions 1&2 Done
    Home Ec - Short Q's Done (and Q5 of long questions)
    English - Paper 1 content
    Biology - Respiration and Short Q's

Today is gonna be disgusting in terms of studying but oh well, it has to be done. :(

Mocks start tomorrow. Spent all day going over English Paper One and Business because they're the two papers I have tomorrow. I'll hopefully still update this during the week but depending on the exams/time available! Wish me luck :p

Got a Distinction in Links, yay!

English P1 was good! My teacher will probably be worried for my mental health after reading my short story though..
    Business went grand too, I knew most of the short questions and the long questions worked well in my favour :p

Irish P1 and Maths P1 tomorrow though, it makes me want to cry. Oh well, it has to be done :p

Plans for today:
    Study the **** out of maths and hope to pass and look over my Irish essays

I genuinely want to know if the people in my aural Irish today were speaking English or not. On the plus side, the essay on the Education System came up which I wanted! Yay!

Now Maths Paper 1. What a complete disaster. I've never been good at maths, probably never will. I thought I was doing great answering all of the complex numbers section with ease, then I turned the page. Oh my god, I've never had a test so disgusting in my life!

To make it worse I've got paper two tomorrow, how am I going to survive?

Plans for today:
    Learn paper two content
    Study for Home Ec

Home Ec exam went amazing, I hope I got my A1!
    Maths Paper 2 though. I felt like screaming in the middle of it because I didn't understand anything! Oh well, moving on.

French and Paper 2 in English tomorrow.
    I'm not studying for French because I'm doing ordinary and I'm not counting it for points. English Paper 2 is just unseen poetry, comparative, poet and Macbeth.. I can do this (hopefully :p)

Plans:
    Do paper 2 content for English.

French was interesting. Finished it within an hour and studied for English then..

English went amazing. Bishop came up, the Macbeth question was nice! Not too sure on the comparative though..

Plans for today:
    Study Biology
    " " " Irish Paper 2

EXAMS ARE FINITO. FINISHED. YES. YES. YES. I've never been so happy to see the back of exams before. That week was torture. I can't wait to spend this weekend without books. I shall not be updating this study log until monday, considering I'm not doing anything until then!

First mock back. I PASSED MATHS PAPER ONE. HIGHER LEVEL MATHS. 44% but still. How the hell did I manage that? If I pass paper two again I will declare myself a math's boss. I'm over the moon with it!
    I got an iPhone yesterday so I've been playing with it all day... I'm gonna do a chapter of biology and that'll be me for the night.

Sorry I haven't been posting the last few days, have been taking it easy since the mocks and haven't found the motivation to start again! The mocks results have been okay so far, I'll write down what I got below! I can't believe I failed maths paper two though. By 1%. I know I'm terrible at maths but I still thought I'd pass and my teacher wants me to drop from Higher. I'm gonna just study hard for maths until June because I literally was doing nothing for maths before the mocks.

Over the last few days all I've really done is mock corrections, 3 sraith pictuiri and went through my maths mock and redid a few questions and read through solutions my teacher gave out!

So far I've gotten:
    A2 in HL Biology (89%)
    A2 in HL Home Ec (89%)
    B3 in HL Business (73%)
    I failed Maths. (44% in paper one, 33% in paper two)
    Distinction in Links (88% which is 70 points)

• Advertisement

So this evening all I've been doing is sorting through my folders and organising things like that etc.

I got 72% in Irish overall! The listening completely let me down (28/60) but everything else went well. So with 5 subjects that brings me up to 400 points, and with English still to be handed back.. I think I could bring that up to 470+

Still less than what I need to do Science but sure, it's only the mocks. I'm not that disappointed (with the exception of maths) but I'll improve on most of them (hopefully) and turn the two A2's I got into A1's :P

Plans for today:

Maths - Finish the circle Done
    Home Ec - Eggs Done
    Irish - Sraith Pictiur 1 Done
    Business - Insurance Done
    Biology - Muscles and skeleton Done

I'm also gonna do out Q4 on my mock paper in Home Ec that was on retailing etc because I have extra time, then that's me done for the day!

So far this evening I've done my homework on sequences and series in maths and went over my notes, did my Link Modules test corrections and did out a business question 6 on my mock paper that I didn't do well on.

I've my French mock oral tomorrow and even though I'm not counting it for points for the Leaving Cert I still don't want to go in there and look completely stupid :P so I'm spending the evening going over my oral for that.

I didn't even have my French oral today, it's tomorrow. But at least I got a bit done today!
    I got all my homework done in free classes today so I've got more time to study. *sarcastic yay*

Plans for today:
    Irish - Sraith Pic 16 Done
    Maths - The Line Done (half)
    Home Ec - Go over elective topic from class Done
    Business - Finance Done half
    Biology - Human Breathing Done

Forgot to update this earlier! Oops!

What I did today:
    1 hour Irish grinds (mainly oral stuff)
    Maths - sequences and series
    Home Ec - Housing elective
    English - Comparative (Theme/Issue)
    I also studied 3 sraith pics for a test I have tomorrow.

Getting my English mock back tomorrow so I should be able to say what I got in my mocks overall! I've been so tired lately and unmotivated which isn't very good. :(
    So far today I've done my maths homework on Sequences and Series, planned out my English comparative essay on Theme/Issue and read over Irish oral stuff.

Plans for rest of evening:
    Biology - Structure of flowering plant
    Home Ec - Elective

Right so my results from the mocks are as follows:

Biology - A2 (89%)
    Home Ec - A2 (89%)
    English - B2 (76%)
    Business - B3 (73%)
    Irish - B3 (72%, including oral)
    French - 65% (ordinary so not counting)
    Maths - 39% (:()
    Links - Distinction

So overall I got 480 points, which would have given me my 3rd choice of Biomedical Science in DIT (providing the points from last year did not change) I'm pretty happen with them and hope to improve my A2's into A1's and my low B's into high B's etc etc

Since I last posted, I mainly went over Irish oral stuff, maths and Home Ec elective. I took Friday off.

Today I did:
    Biology - Finished structure of flowering plants and transportation, plant responses and the skeletal system
    Home Ec - The Irish Diet
    Irish - Nathanna Cainte and phrases
    Maths - Did questions on the circle and probability

I didn't update yesterday because well, I didn't do much study yesterday due to the snow we had (I'm a big child :p) and due to personal things too..

What I did do yesterday:

Irish -Sraith Pic 12
    Biology - Started ecology
    Home Ec - The Irish diet

What I've done today/planning to do:
    Irish - Sraith Pic 13 Done
    Home Ec - Fat soluble vitamins Done
    Biology - continue ecology Done
    Maths - go over class I missed yesterday Done

Went to the Irish grind after school today and went to maths grinds after that so I didn't get home until around half seven which didn't leave me much time to do the mountain of homework I got today!

I only really revised oral the 3 sraith pictuiri for my test tomorrow, oh well.

• Advertisement

Today I've done:
    Links 2010 paper (Q1,2,3)
    English Q on Plath

What I'm going to do:
    Home Ec - Revise lipids, egg, the irish diet and fat soluble vitamins for test tomorrow
    Biology - Mock paper

I think the teachers think we got our Easter break now with the amount of homework I got today. Easily the most amount of homework I've gotten. Ever.

What I did: (only had time for homework)
    English: Plath, Poppies In July person response Q
    Business: 3 ratio exam questions
    Maths: questions from book and an exam question

Today's plans:
    Home Ec - Study food choices, fish and do 5 exam questions on lipids Done
    Irish - Media essay Done
    Biology - Study rest of ecology Done
    Irish - Sraith pic 3 Done

I really just did my homework really over the past few days and did the circulatory system in biology and the heart dissection experiment.

Frustrated as I'm trying to get rid of my ticket to the maths lecture thing in Trinity on Saturday but can't find anyone who wants it. :(

Plans for today:
    Irish - Sraith Pic 10 and 11
    Home Ec - Milk
    Business - Start ABQ topic revision
    Biology - Human reproduction

What I did today:

Maths: Algebra in grinds
    Irish: Sraith pictuir
    Home Ec: Milk

• Advertisement

First day's work of Easter study, yay.

Irish: Sraith Pic 8 and nathanna caint
    Maths: Q7's and 8's of two exam papers years
    Biology: Human reproduction
    Home Ec: Protein
    Links - World of Work
    Business - Changing role of management

Might do an hour or so of home ec/biology tonight depending on my mood! I'll edit this post if I decide to.

I haven't been updating the past few days! It was my birthday on Monday and my friend's yesterday. I didn't do much over the past few days.

What I've done so far today:

Links - Enterprise
    Irish - Oral
    Biology - Finished human reproduction and looked at exam questions
    Home Ec - Minerals
    Maths - Q7's and 8's of 3 sample papers

What I have yet to do:
    Business - Question 1 topics Done
    Irish - Poetry question on An Spailpin Fánach Done
    Home Ec - Special diets Done

Links - Enterprise
    Business - Chapter 2
    Irish - Oral
    Home Ec - Finished special diets + did Q1 from 2009 exam papers

I have plans to do more Home Ec and Biology later but I'm very tired and I'm not sure I'll get anything else done today..

Today so far I've done:

Home Ec - Started studying the family and finished part D of 2009 Q1
    Irish - 3 Sraith Pictuiri (Pics 4,7 and 8)
    Links - Finished enterprise
    Biology - Cell division and looked at past exam questions

What I have yet to do:
    Business - Chapter 3 Done
    English - Rich Did 2 poems

I'll probably go through my home ec and biology revision books then and that'll be me for today. Went through family in home ec and osmosis and cell division in biology

Today so far I've done:

English - Finished Rich and read over exam questions
    Home Ec - Finished the chapter on family
    Irish - Sraith Pic 14 and oral work

What I have yet to do:

Biology - Diffusion and osmosis
    Business - Chapter 4
    Home Ec - Start meat
    Links - Go through mock paper

• Advertisement

Today so far I've done:

Home Ec - 2004 Q1 exam papers
    Irish - Exam Q on An Triail
    Irish - Scrudu beil - prefect, crest, ordinary school day, the debs

What I have yet to do:
    Maths - Q7's and 8's
    Links - 2010 paper

Sorry I've been gone for so long, tbh I didn't do much from that date anyway.

What I've done today:
    Links - Q1 and Q6 from 2012 paper
    Maths - Started working through algebra q's
    Irish - 2 sraith pictuiri (2 and 8) and general oral topics
    Biology - first 4 chapters and will be doing more later
    Home Ec - Did cheese and fish and revised topics for test tomorrow

What I did today:

Irish - Sraith Pictuir 3 and 10
    Biology - Finished Fungi, Genetic Engineering and Variation and Evolution, also did short Q's and started section B of 2012 DEB mock
    Home Ec - Looked over 2012-2008 short questions, did 2004 short questions and did Marriage
    Maths - Continued algebra questions
    English - 'Child' Plath commentary

What I did today:

Irish - Sraith Pictuir 4 and 11
    Home Ec - Family law and started fat soluble vitamins, looked over short Q's
    Maths - Exam papers
    English - 2 Plath commentaries
    Business - Chapter 4 and 21

Will probably just do biology exam papers and look over my revision book for tonight.

English - Started essay on Plath
    Irish - Sraith pic 5
    Home Ec - Elective and Food Composition
    French - Oral
    Maths - Exam Q's
    Business - Chapters 25 and 20

I really haven't done anything of too much interest this week, my french oral was supposed to be on Monday but it got changed to Tuesday so I spent those days doing French, then I started on Irish oral on Wednesday and have been really up until today!

Today's work:
    English - Plath quotes + learned essay
    Irish - 2 sraith pics + oral
    Maths - Paper 1's
    Home Ec - Water soluble vitamins and 3/4 of Carbohydrates
    Business - Chapter 10
    Links - Started revision

Today's work:

Irish - 3 Sraith Pics + oral
    Links - Enterprise&World of work
    Home Ec - Finished carbohydrates and did all of consumer studies
    Business - Q1 and Q5 topics
    Biology - Bacteria

Today's work:

Irish Irish Irish. Oral could be late tomorrow, or very early Wednesday morning.
    English - Personal essay and 2012 comprehension
    Maths - All distance, speed and time Q's and graphs.

Irish oral is done. I got An tEarrach Thiar and Sraith Pictuir 8. It went amazing and I'm completely happy with it!

Today's work:
    Lots of Links revision!
    English - 2010 Question B
    Home Ec - All short Q's
    Biology - All exam Q's on Scientific method, muscles and skeleton and food

• Advertisement
Advertisement