Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breeze coming in from hinge side of PVC door

• 04-02-2013 8:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭

Hi all

I have a strong air flow coming from the hinge side of my PVC back door.

There are 4 hinges and the air is coming in right in the Center. The rubber seals look ok.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51 ✭✭Villaines

jasgrif11 wrote: »
    Hi all

I have a strong air flow coming from the hinge side of my PVC back door.

There are 4 hinges and the air is coming in right in the Center. The rubber seals look ok.

Any ideas?

Depends on hinge type. A three directional flag hinge, that is on most modern pvc doors, will allow you to (i) lower/raise the door, (ii) bring door closer or further away from frame and (iii) move door across frame.

This is achieved by Allen key. It is not as easy as it sounds though and risks damaging the hinge if the exact sized key is not used correctly.

But you could identify the hinge type and this will guide you. Normally it is the hole in the top of the hinge that achieves objective (ii).

Advertisement