Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nearest supermarket?

Options
  • 04-02-2013 8:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭

I have no idea of the surrounding area of UCD, I know where the supermarkets are in town but are there any closer?

It Stillorgan my best bet? Or if there's a Tesco in Donnybrook would that be closer?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Maldesu

There is a Tesco on near Vincent's Hospital but that is all I can think of. Never been in it, just passed by.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,611 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

The one at Vincents is called the merrion centre for ease of googling.

Dundrum is largely the same distance away as stillorgan, and there is a tesco express and donnybrook fair (quite expensive posh food supermarket) in Donnybrook.

Supervalue mount merrion is probably the closest "supermarket" but its a supervalue, so its not quite as big as a tesco. It's quite near campus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Don't forget that there's a Centra on campus also, for light shopping. But nearest supermarket by distance would be Merrion shopping centre if walking, but only one bus goes there (47) which runs once an hour if you are too lazy to walk, you should go to Donnybrook, with a bus going through there every 5 - 10 seconds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Tesco deliver shopping too if you'd rather not entertain the treacherous plight to Merrion or Donnybrook.

Advertisement