Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Compact chainset

• 04-02-2013 9:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 945 ✭✭✭

I need a compact for a winter trainer. Needs to be: in working order; in a black or a silver; including a BB; fairly good condition; less than 80 euro delivered.

Not picky on brands. Just needs to be a compact.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭Zippe

CaoimH_in wrote: »
    I need a compact for a winter trainer. Needs to be: in working order; in a black or a silver; including a BB; fairly good condition; less than 80 euro delivered.

Not picky on brands. Just needs to be a compact.

Hey,

I have a new shimano compact on page4 here for sale,I don't have a bb but you should be able to pick up a new one for €15,looking for €90,there is pics up of it there also,

€90 Inc post
    Cheers,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Fender76

Hey.. I have this if you're interested... €50... no BB tho...

FSA crankset..

I'm in Naas..

• Registered Users Posts: 40 dairemcq

Fender76 wrote: »
    Hey.. I have this if you're interested... €50... no BB tho...

FSA crankset..

I'm in Naas..
    I'll take that if the other guy isnt interested.
    Square taper yeah? Is it ISO? What length are the arms?

Hey, not sure about the length, I'll find out this evening, square taper yeah...
    If CaoimH doesn't want it its yours..

Hey just realized they're jis. I'm out thanks.

• Advertisement

they're jis?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭colm_gti

I might sell my shimano 105 5700 compact with 170mm cranks for €80, no BB though...

Ah JIS... Apologies...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 945 ✭✭✭CaoimH_in

Sorry, cheers for all your replies. All too expensive, aside from Razleavy, which isn't too expensive but for an 8-9 speed. :(

My budget is really, really limited. I can't get anymore unfortunately. Anyone else?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭Paul Kiernan

I could do a black 105 5600 with 172.5 cranks and a matching bottom bracket for €80 delivered?

Done! Perfect, Paul! :)

She's in alright nick?

CaoimH_in wrote: »
    Done! Perfect, Paul! :)

She's in alright nick?

There are probably a few rub marks on the cranks. How about I put up a few photos tomorrow and we can take it from there?

Well, it sounds promising. Look forward to it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 388 ✭✭El.duderino

If it doesn't work out I have the newer 5700 105 in racy black! Perfect condition taken off bike with only 300km. Ital BB or with Gold Token normal B thread. €100 172.5

Could include free fitting in sth Dublin area.

Pictures as promised:

The worst rub is on the inside of the driveside crank from a wayward front mech cable but that can't really be seen once the crankset is fitted.
    DSC_0005_zpsdc89f427.jpgDSC_0006_zps050adadf.jpgDSC_0007_zps9f5789e2.jpgDSC_0008_zps5558e716.jpgDSC_0010_zps91d0aa40.jpg

Just an update on this chainset:

It was fitted new to this bike in 2010. I've used it as a winter bike for last 3 winters covering about 1600km. My son has used it (mainly on summer touring holidays) for a further 2700km giving a total of about 4300km.

The bike still has the original chain which doesn't need changing yet so on the rule of thumb of 3 chains to a cassette and 2 cassettes to a chainset I'd estimate it's around 15% worn.

Advertisement