Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rugby ban

Options
  • 04-02-2013 9:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,997 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

I received a 1day ban from the rugby forum, Ireland V Wales match thread (sorry i'm on my phone and can't access a pc to quote the relevant post). I feel the ban was a touch harsh as I had posted in a positive manner up to the post in question. Looking at it now I can see why .ak decided to take action but surely a less severe sanction for the post in question would have sufficed and I would really appreciate a second opinion on this.

I've pm'd .ak and we agreed to disagree on the matter. To be honest .ak was quite helpful when i raised the matter about the DRP and offered help if i needed any in the process.

Anyway I think the ban is up now but I would just like to know Where I stand on this matter.

Regards

JRant

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,251 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Please be advised that I will take a look at this DRP. It may take a few hours to a couple of days, as we are all volunteers and have outside commitments.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,997 ✭✭✭✭JRant

Black Swan wrote: »
    Please be advised that I will take a look at this DRP. It may take a few hours to a couple of days, as we are all volunteers and have outside commitments.

Thanks a million.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,251 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

JRant wrote: »
    Looking at it now I can see why .ak decided to take action...
    Yes, the earlier warning (post 1451 in-thread and thread title) by .ak had been issued to bring the thread back within reasonable boundaries for a sporting event, and you violated that warning later in your post 1728 as you acknowledged here.
    JRant wrote: »
    ...but surely a less severe sanction for the post in question would have sufficed and I would really appreciate a second opinion on this.
    The earlier in-thread warning by .ak stated that a 2-day ban would be issued to violators, and he only issued you a 1-day ban, which was less harsh.

If after making an in-thread warning that bans would be issued, which is a common practice when attempting to bring threads back into control in Rugby, sports, and boards.ie, and he then only gave you a warning or infraction later, the next time he posted an in-thread ban warning, others may decide to take the risk and continue towards a thread train wreck. Consequently, I see no compelling reason to reverse your ban.

If this answers your questions regarding actions taken, you may request that this DRP be closed; or if you wish an Admin review, you may request that now. Please advise.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,997 ✭✭✭✭JRant

Black Swan wrote: »
    Yes, the earlier warning (post 1451 in-thread and thread title) by .ak had been issued to bring the thread back within reasonable boundaries for a sporting event, and you violated that warning later in your post 1728 as you acknowledged here.

The earlier in-thread warning by .ak stated that a 2-day ban would be issued to violators, and he only issued you a 1-day ban, which was less harsh.

If after making an in-thread warning that bans would be issued, which is a common practice when attempting to bring threads back into control in Rugby, sports, and boards.ie, and he then only gave you a warning or infraction later, the next time he posted an in-thread ban warning, others may decide to take the risk and continue towards a thread train wreck. Consequently, I see no compelling reason to reverse your ban.

If this answers your questions regarding actions taken, you may request that this DRP be closed; or if you wish an Admin review, you may request that now. Please advise.

Thanks for your time and consideration. There's no sense in bringing this matter any further. I'll just have to stop posting in the rugby forum as there's no consistency in how posts/posters are dealt with and I don't want any more bans on my record.

Thanks again.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement