Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do you silence a Pay as you go Meter

Options
  • 04-02-2013 9:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭

My Girlfriend got one of your Pay as you go Meter's a few Months back . I am just wonderin how to silence it when the balance is running low , We have a small child that goes to bed around 7 in in the evening , So the when the Meter starts beeping it obviously wakes up our son .

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi djskip316i,

When the credit on the meter hits €2, the warning beeps sounds every 30 minutes for approximately 2 minutes at a time. There are two ways you can silence it:
    • Ensure the meter is topped up above €2
    • Press any button on the keypad when you hear the beep

Between 10pm and 8am the beep will not sound, irrespective of the level of credit.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

David

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭djskip316i

Hi David , Pressing any button does'nt work it just stays beeping .

Hi djskip316i,

Does pressing the button not stop the beeping even temporarily? Can you tell me what the credit level is at?

Thanks,

David

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭slarkin123

Hi djskip316i,

When the credit on the meter hits €2, the warning beeps sounds every 30 minutes for approximately 2 minutes at a time. There are two ways you can silence it:
    • Ensure the meter is topped up above €2
    • Press any button on the keypad when you hear the beep

Between 10pm and 8am the beep will not sound, irrespective of the level of credit.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

David

I must have a faulty meter cause I've had to get out of my bed at 3am to press the credit button to stop the beeping.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭djskip316i

Hi djskip316i,

Does pressing the button not stop the beeping even temporarily? Can you tell me what the credit level is at?

Thanks,

David
    The Beeping only stops while you press a button once you release a button it starts beeping again , There was 2 cent on the meter this morning and i topped it up by 10 euro since . Is there any way the beeping times can be changed from so that it wont beep from 7pm - 10am .

• Advertisement

slarkin123 wrote:
    I must have a faulty meter cause I've had to get out of my bed at 3am to press the credit button to stop the beeping.

Hi slarkin123, that shouldn't be. Can you send us your account details by private message (using this link) so we can look into this further?
    djskip316i wrote:
    The Beeping only stops while you press a button once you release a button it starts beeping again , There was 2 cent on the meter this morning and i topped it up by 10 euro since . Is there any way the beeping times can be changed from so that it wont beep from 7pm - 10am

Hi djskip316i, I'm making inquiries about this at the moment and will be back to you as soon as possible.

Thanks,

David

Hi again djskip316i,

Can you private message us with your account details so we can confirm the meter type and other account-specific information? Also if you could let us know what is displayed on the meter when it's beeping that would help too (I'm assuming it's displaying the credit amount, but it would be best to confirm this in case it's a battery related issue).

Thanks,

David

Advertisement