Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

75% equine DNA found in meat products that had been sent from Poland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

Tests found 75pc equine DNA in a batch of meat product that had been sent from Poland to Rangeland Foods in Castleblayney, Co Monaghan.

Those sneaky Polish. The swans were just to distract us while they went after the horses. Well played.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ITS_A_BADGER

Shergars Bum :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭xLexie

Burgers for people so hungry they could eat a horse

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭sfwcork

Why shouldnt we eat horse..other countries eat it and alot worse

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Please don't reuse horse puns in this thread. I've had en hoof of them.

No really though, stop. Please.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Mr Ed will not be happy.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

I once knew a horse. He died.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭UCDVet

I don't care that there was horse meat in it....What I want to know is why is beef so expensive in Ireland?

When I first got here I was told how much better it was and how they grazed in open fields of green and pooped Irish rainbows and didn't use hormones or steroids or anything else...and that the beef was tightly regulated and tracked from farm to plate.

And everyone told me it tasted much better for it.

I'll happily eat the unregulated mystery meat (that we've all been eating) but why can't I get it at a reasonable price?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭DylanII

Can we not just ban polish meat?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

Supermacs source "ALL their burgers from Rangeland", the plant at centre of 75% scare.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/archives/2013/0117/world/fast-food-chief-says-shop-customers-aposmisledapos-219817.html

Never going to SuperMacs again.

• Advertisement

sfwcork wrote: »
    Why shouldnt we eat horse..other countries eat it and alot worse

Sewer rat may taste like pumpkin pie......

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Not to be a neigh sayer or anything, but I'm not sure I can handle all the horse puns again.

UCDVet wrote: »
    I don't care that there was horse meat in it....What I want to know is why is beef so expensive in Ireland?

I believe you might just have answered your own question here sir.

When I first got here I was told how much better it was and how they grazed in open fields of green and pooped Irish rainbows and didn't use hormones or steroids or anything else...and that the beef was tightly regulated and tracked from farm to plate.

Ever notice how free range eggs/chickens cost more than the caged/battery type?

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭LiamMc

What's a Beef Seasoned Hamburger?
    http://www.rangelandfoods.com/products.html

• Registered Users Posts: 12,217 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

F*ck off with this sh!te seriously. I'm sick of hearing about horse burgers on the radio and seeing it on the front page of every news paper for the last 2 weeks. Go to a reputable butchers and buy real burgers not the sh!te ones for 99c in tesco bargain aisle and you won't encounter any horse DNA.

The thread title doesn't even make sense! 75% of horse DNA, does that mean 75% of a horses genome was found in a burger? Or that 75% of all horse DNA was found in a burger? :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

burgers that give you the gallops

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Oh fuk, here we go again with the crap jokes. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

Is there such an over supply of horse that they're sneaking it into everything to get rid of it?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

DylanII wrote: »
    Can we not just ban polish meat?

We need more polish meat! sexiest women on the streets these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 901 ✭✭✭ChunkyLover_53

A Pony goes to the Vet and says

"Doc, I think I ate some of them Beef Burgers that had Horse meat in them and now I've got a terrible sore throat"

The vet examines him & says, "Everything seems fine with you no need to worry"

And the Pony rasps..."Are you sure Doc?....because I'm a little horse"

:D...:D?...:D??..???...:confused:..:(

...I'll get me coat...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭The Th!ng

Am I the only one who is looking forward to them finding not just human DNA, but actual human meat in the burgers?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Joe10000

Does horse farming go on on a massive scale in Poland ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

Fungus wrote: »
    Supermacs source "ALL their burgers from Rangeland", the plant at centre of 75% scare.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/archives/2013/0117/world/fast-food-chief-says-shop-customers-aposmisledapos-219817.html

i dont mind fast food but supermacs is so bad i wouldnt even class it as that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

And everyone told me it tasted much better for it.

I'll happily eat the unregulated mystery meat (that we've all been eating) but why can't I get it at a reasonable price?

Because Irish beef goes to the highest bidder. Ireland is one of the largest exports of beef in the world. We produce something like enough for 40 million people but there is only 4.5 million in Ireland.

The factories will sell beef to ever pays the highest price whether it be Germany, France or Ireland. But Irish beef is so good compared to some of it in contiential Europe. I spent weeks in Germany dying to have a decent burger and didn't find one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭bluewhitehoops

As long I'm not eating human I not too bother what my burgers are made of as long it taste nice and fill me up

hfallada wrote: »
    The factories will sell beef to ever pays the highest price whether it be Germany, France or Ireland. But Irish beef is so good compared to some of it in contiential Europe. I spent weeks in Germany dying to have a decent burger and didn't find one

Must've been the taste of horse that you missed in Germany.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭karl tyrrell

Thats fassssssssssssssssssst food

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭earlyevening

That company, Rangeland are huge suppliers to the nation's chippers.

Any of you had a quarter pounder lately?

As long I'm not eating human I not too bother what my burgers are made of as long it taste nice and fill me up

What about semen? it's not human as such..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Jacob T

Jayziz, between the 80% processed chicken "hot dogs", and 75% horsemeat "beef burgers". That's disgusting, I like knowing what I'm eating. Mad cow disease, avian flu, swine flu, horse burgers, foot and mouth disease, etc - why do we bother eating meat? You can sustain a very healthy and balanced vegetarian diet.

Advertisement