Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this a scam ? Vodafone text message

Options
  • 04-02-2013 11:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭

Hi I got this text and I clicked on link and stupidly logged in when I realised its probably a scam.

"Someone sent you flowers, click on this link www.vodafoneapp.altervista.org/vodafone.ie/login/ or copy on your browser to find out"

I'm a Vodafone billpay customer , what can I do to stop them running up my bill if is a scam

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭GreenWolfe

Judging from the WHOIS info, someone is using free web hosting space for this scam.

Change your web login passwords, and get into contact with Vodafone ASAP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭Diamond Dust

Judging from the WHOIS info, someone is using free web hosting space for this scam.

Change your web login passwords, and get into contact with Vodafone ASAP.
    Thanks changed my password and emailed Vodafone hopefully I'm not going to be charged

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭miller50841

Sure is a scam.

Best way of looking at these texts is if you didn't enter a competition then how would you win.

Always reminds me of Mr. Zimbabwe emailing or sending letters stating he has so much money and needs to use your bank account to get his money into Ireland and you can keep 20% just send the rest to his new account.

People still fall for them...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

A general rule is, if you are:

1. Not on the network, and/or
    2. The website address doesn't have vodafone/meteor/three/o2 before .ie in it, avoid it.

Eg. whatevergoeshere.vodafone.ie is okay, but vodafonehadgoodiesforyouluckyfool.com isn't.

Be weary, OP!

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭SionnachOghma

Just out of curiosity, had your phone recently been off for repair when you got this?

I just got the same text. It's the second phishing text I've received in the two weeks since I got my phone fixed, and I NEVER got them before then.

• Advertisement
Advertisement