Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AA sized Battery Charger and rechargable batteries??

Options
  • 05-02-2013 12:12am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭

Looking for a decent but cheap enough AA battery charger pack and 4 x AA batteries for my new Nikon bridge camera.

Anyone able to reccomend a decent make and price for a 4 battery charger and 4 batteries??

Thanks.:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Davy wrote: »

I was actually looking at it today in Lidl.

Was thinking of something a tad smaller. so that it would fit in the camera bag aswell.

Like one of those units that has the plug and charger unit as 1 small unit.

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/9801114/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7CGarden+and+DIY%7C14418702/Trail/searchtext%3EBATTERY+CHARGER.htm

Some of the prices I saw in Argos were a bit mad.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

They were reduced in argos up until very recently so gone back up, maybe wait awhile they might be back on offer

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭maringo

Have a look in Power City or Woodies - seen them there.

Davy wrote: »
    They were reduced in argos up until very recently so gone back up, maybe wait awhile they might be back on offer

Took a chance and bought it in Argos today....39 euro.

1 hour charge time is what sold it for me...as compared to 7 hour charge time with the Lidl charger.:(

So I will see how it goes.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

paddy147 wrote: »
    Took a chance and bought it in Argos today....39 euro.

1 hour charge time is what sold it for me...as compared to 7 hour charge time with the Lidl charger.:(

So I will see how it goes.:)

That was okay in price paddy and it will at least do the job for you and like you say it would be small enough to fit in the camera bag.

If anyone is looking for a "desktop" or larger charger, I have that Lidl charger (slightly different shape - mine takes 9v too) for the past three/four years and its never taken 7 hours to charge any AA or AAA battery. It normally turns around a set of 6 in under a couple of hours.

I use it nearly every other day as the kids go through batteries in toys and the like in no time and its the best charger i have used. I just leave it out in the utility room ready to go when batteries need to be charged/swapped out.

Id recommend the lidl charger for peeps looking for a larger charging station for batteries.

(from our usage over the past few years with rechargeable batteries, i found duracell as well as lidls "tronic" batteries to be the best in lasting (have had a set of tronics last the past two years with daily use) and energiser, GP and philips to be the worst. (8 energiser AAAs lasted less than 6 months with day to day use).

Just my two cents.

Wel the charger is the mutts nutts.

All 4 of the AA rechargeable batteries are charged from dead to full in 54 minutes.

Also very compact charger unit,so it can be takan anywhere wit the camera in the camera bag

So worth the 39 euro.:D

Advertisement