Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gillingham fan jumps Wycombe Goalkeeper Jordan Archer

• 05-02-2013 2:54am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭

The kid looks pretty young aswell! Terrible to see.
    Wycombe boss Gareth Ainsworth told Sky Sports: "Some people give the rest of the Gillingham fans a bad name.

"I don't want to comment too much, but everyone is okay in there."

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

It looked like he tried to leap frog over him and failed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Maybe its the hockey fan in me, but I wish the steward had not been so "johnny on the spot". I wonder what would have happened next Archer vs "fan".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

syklops wrote: »
    Maybe its the hockey fan in me, but I wish the steward had not been so "johnny on the spot". I wonder what would have happened next Archer vs "fan".

What would have happened is the keeper may have clouted him, and although deserving of it, Archer would have got in trouble over it and the fan running onto the pitch would end up being the lesser issue unfortunately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

Ball boy strikes again?
    See what happens when you put youth in the spot light!

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭earlytobed

Corholio wrote: »
    What would have happened is the keeper may have clouted him, and although deserving of it, Archer would have got in trouble over it and the fan running onto the pitch would end up being the lesser issue unfortunately.

Thats what happen the QPR keeper and defender at Stoke a few years ago after a Stoke fan attacked the keeper

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,429 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Well done to the steward for being "johnny on the spot"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 454 ✭✭Israel_Dagg

Primary thought it bad.

Secondary though it's funny as feck! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭babymanval

This is what ya want!

Keeper would've been sent off for violent conduct. Did well to not do anything tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Supporter is under arrest but one thing I noticed from the article on espn is that the keeper was booked for kicking the ball away, you would think under the circumstances the ref would understand and just add a few seconds :confused:

Also at the moment he kicks the ball away the supporter and stewards are still wrestling on the ground so don't think he could have restarted anyway.

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/191707.html

Archer was booked following the incident, having kicked the ball away.
    On Tuesday morning it was confirmed the teenage supporter had been arrested. Kent Police said: "A 17-year-old was arrested on suspicion of assault and is currently in custody following an incident in the 93rd minute of the Gillingham v Wycombe match last night.''

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Some very choice language being used to describe the kid down here in Wycombe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

You really have to wonder about the common sense (or lack thereof) of the referee to book the keeper!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Al Capwned wrote: »
    You really have to wonder about the common sense (or lack thereof) of the referee to book the keeper!

I know its mental that he got booked at least he kicked the ball and not the fool who jumped on him . If it had of been me I would have turned around and gave that fan a good kick .

Advertisement