Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repeat Only One Subject?

• 05-02-2013 3:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi everyone!

I done my leaving cert and applied for a Law course, I got the points i needed but with the entry requirements i needed 6 subjects at least two of which must be at grade C3 or higher on Higher Level papers and four subjects at Ordinary Level grade D3 or higher. Now i got 2 C3's so i needed one more!

I'm wondering if i repeat that one subject will that make up what i need for the entry requirements because i've been told that you have to repeat the whole LC instead?

Thanks! :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 265 ✭✭Nicole.

Seana92 wrote: »
    Hi everyone!

I done my leaving cert and applied for a Law course, I got the points i needed but with the entry requirements i needed 6 subjects at least two of which must be at grade C3 or higher on Higher Level papers and four subjects at Ordinary Level grade D3 or higher. Now i got 2 C3's so i needed one more!

I'm wondering if i repeat that one subject will that make up what i need for the entry requirements because i've been told that you have to repeat the whole LC instead?

Thanks! :)

Yeah, you can just repeat the one subject for entry requirements for law. You just can't mix and match points ie. your points from last year won't change even if you do better in that subject this year. Your points are calculated on one sitting of the leaving cert. Keep in mind that points change from year to year but good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Seana92

Thanks for that! :)

Advertisement