Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Making Up The Numbers

Options
  • 05-02-2013 9:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭

Ok, I generally keep a written log of my training, but it might help some others if i do a bit of writing here, i'll try and cover exercised and diet / food, food's prob the more important side of things ..

Quick background,

Height : 5' 10"
    Current weight : 83kgs
    Training since: May 2012

Ok that last part contains a little bit of writes lib shall we say, when i was in my mid to late 20's i trained also, but never really focused on food, subsequently stopped training and found my self at 97kgs.

Anywho, back at it again, At the moment I'm toying with Intermittent Fasting ( IF ), I shoudl really cover the basics here first.

I spent the last 8/9 or so months learning about food, and more so listening to my own body, and what happens to it when i eat certain food.

So far i'm much happier in my diet, I know I'm hitting Macro on the nose, and while it takes a little organising, my over all goal with food is to have a sustainable diet, that wont get ruined if plans change on the fly.

That's the basics of the food side, training wise, i'm doing 3 days resistance, one day cardio, I'm still looking to drop bf%, last measure was 18% back in December.

So there we have it, I'm thinking I might do chest tonight, depends on how busy the gym is.

I'm always open to questions and criticism so don't be shy folks..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭doctorwhogirl

Sounds like a plan. Looking forward to reading!

I'm like you diet wise. I want to keep my macros on check but eat in a sustainable way, cos last time I didn't and it was too hard to maintain my progress.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Hardonraging

Sounds like a plan. Looking forward to reading!

I'm like you diet wise. I want to keep my macros on check but eat in a sustainable way, cos last time I didn't and it was too hard to maintain my progress.

There's also a few other bit's and pieces i've figured out over the past few months, like, Complex carbs and I dont agree with each other, insulin resistance also seems to be a factor i suffer from.

Any who ... i'll do food soon, one think i'll just add is doing IF, in the strict sense is really tough, I'm thinking about easing back on it a little, doing a 12:12 with a hard cal drop on non training days.

But we can cross that bridge when we get to it..

Anybody fancy a quick game of Guess the calories .. this was post training dinner yesterday ...

FFECBC74304F4E4F854AE2DD2D9EBF47-0000322242-0003155077-00800L-1418759005374BE793C2187420945C32.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Fraid not, you'll want to go up a bit, 60% intake in one meal ..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

800?

800?

Close enough SB , 970 cals, works out at 109g Protein, 77g carbs and 21g of fat ..

It's not really practical tho, to morrow is a rest day, which I'm going back to a 12:12 on , 3 meals ( fudge your 6 a day ) huge breaky, is a killer tho, hungry 45 mins later, maybe i need to get up 45 mins earlier, We can blame Cortisol for that, worth looking up if you're hungry 45 mins after you have breaky folks.

Any who

Training to night was leg's and shoulders, I've child bearing hips, so it's all light work, no squats these days..

Warm up - 15 min Light jog

Shoulder press - 70kg x 10 x3
    Leg extensions - 3 sets of Drop sets 110 -> 50
    Leg Press - 170kg x 20 x 2 (each set is done with feet high for 20, and feet low for 20)
    Rotator cuff work .
    Lateral raise - 7x10x3

Abs..

I've cartilage damage in both shoulders so things are kept light and breasy shall we say ..

Right knee is sore, need to break out the Grid roller on the quad.. dinner first..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭TheBellJar

Training to night was leg's

no squats these days..

Does-not-compute
    ;)

TheBellJar wrote: »
    Does-not-compute
    ;)

Lol, I as waiting for that, I've a dodgy right knee also, it's linked i think to a tight quad on the right leg, but i cant be telling ye all i'm falling apart on the first day !!

But ya, trying to trim down the legs a bit, without doing a billion squats ..

Still squats rule !!

I need to flip a coin here for today, chest or back ( oh just decided chest it is ), Seems not only do i have a bad imbalance between my left arm and right arm, now the left side of my chest and the right side also have gone mental..

Some drop set's will resolve this temporarily perhaps, weird I've only noticed it now however.

Food has gone out the window a bit also, yesterday was a rest day( 1600 cals ) but i easily hit the 1950 mark, will have to make up for that later in the week, I'm swapping back to a 12:12 on IF, but keeping ( or trying to keep ) the deficit on none training days.

I mentioned Cortisol a day or so ago, interesting realisation, i.e this morning i had breaky, scrambled eggs, and shrroms, at 7:00, it's not 8:20 i could eat a small house, it's due to rising levels of cortisol in the body in the morning, Martin Berkhan did an article on the topic from last year, and it made a heck of a lot of sense to me...

Anywho, I've some oat's and blueberries with me to keep me happy until 10 am, and it's cashew time then ..

Training's later to night

• Advertisement

Fed and watered...

Warmup
    15 mins x 10.5 kph jog

Flat Bench Press
    3 Drop set's - 17.5 x 15, 20,17.5,15 x 8 -10

Incline Fly's
    3 Drop set's - 12 x 12, 14, 12 ,10 x 8 -10

Flat bench full over's
    3 Drop set's - 14 x 15, 16, 14,12 x 8 -10

Tri pull down
    3 Drop set's - 7 x 15, 9, 7, 5 x 8 -10

Miss out on over head tri work, as i was running short on time.

Delt's and shoulder joint's took a hammering as usual, it's tough to keep those shoulder's pinned back, and runing a tempo of 0 - 4 - 0.

Stomach is flattening out nicely, altho i'm no fool it's more the diet than anything of course..

Maybe this year i'll manage a 6 pack ..

From yesterday evening

Warmup
    15 mins x 10.5 kph jog

Ez-bar
    10x10x2, 15x10 - Need to up the weight to 20, and work the left arm more.

Incline Rear D/B Row

21's D/B's
    8x21 L/R need to work the Left a bit more in general, the shoulder's working to much as opposed to the arm.

Lat pull downs
    3 Drop set's - 110 x 15 120,100,90 x 8 - 10

Missed out on rear flys due to time.. le sigh ..

More of the same I guess, altho everyone does chest on a monday,

Warmup
    15 mins x 10.5 kph jog

Flat Bench Press

Incline Fly's
    3 Drop set's - 14 x 12, 15, 14 ,12 x 8 -10

Flat bench full over's
    3 Drop set's - 15 x 15, 16, 15,12 x 8 -10

Tri pull down
    3 Drop set's - 7 x 15, 9, 7, 5 x 8 -10

Just cardio circuit to night ... physio tomorrow evening ..

Ye just know things are bad when you dont have a log entry for two weeks .. so between a week of man flu, and some holiday's i'm back ..

New program, new etc..

Warm up - Jog
    8kph ( 2mins ) 9 Kph (3 mins) 11kph (5 mins )

Shoulder Press
    80 x 8x 3

Rotator cuff
    2plts x 8 x 2

Bench Press
    20 x 12 x 3 , 10

Decline chest press
    18 x 12, 10 8, 8

Incline chest fly's
    14 x 12, 10, 8, 8

Front raise
    6 x 8 x 3

Cable cross over
    4plts x 12, 9, 7 ,7

Working some of those sets as Rest Pause set's also .. 10 -15 seconds between sets ..

Good times, order more protein and Creatine also, upping carbs on two heavy training days, dropping fat,s and reversing on none training days ...

Friday's work out ... only filling this in now ..

Warm up - Jog
    8kph ( 2mins ) 9 Kph (3 mins) 11kph (5 mins )

Bent Over Row
    40 x 15, 15, 12, 12

Pullup's - Negative's
    BW x 7, 7 , 5, 4

Rear Fly's
    8x 12 x 3 , 10

Concentration Curls
    10 x 10 x 3 ( negatives )

Tri Kick back
    8 x 10 x 3

Preacher Curls
    10 x 10 x 3 ( negatives)

Cable Pull down
    9plts x 4 12

Carb cycling at the moment, 2 high, 2 medium, 3 low days .. Planning planning

Cardio monday I think ..

Well Cardio didnt go so well last night, seems i've a cold .. again ?? managed 30 mins and had to stop, not sure what's up with the old immune system tho, plenty of veg and vitamins going in ..

Advertisement