Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dinner out Valentine's night

Options
  • 05-02-2013 10:17am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 41

I know it's over priced but I won't get away without going out.

Any suggestions on where to go for dinner this year?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Chocoholic84

Somewhere posh or middle of the road?

Posh:
    Pearl Brasserie (probably the least expensive)
    Dax
    Sabor Brazil

Middle of road (as in fab setting but not extortionate prices)
    Toscana (Italian)
    Saba (Thai)
    Il Vicoletto (Italian)
    Koh (Thai)
    Siam Thai
    Diwali, Jaipur or Ananda (Indian)
    101 Talbot
    Darwins

I can vouch for all these restaurants that they're fab :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 41 Some Help Please

Thanks Chocoholic.

I've eaten in some of these and agree they are nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭SebBerkovich

I'd like to throw Camden Kitchen into that mix, was there recently and loved it. cost is around the 100 mark for 2

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,224 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

I haven't been to it in a while but Il Segreto on Merrion Row is quite rosemantic and delicious food too. It might be a little on the expensive side but maybe they are doing a Valentine's meal? I'm not sure if a special set menu makes this better or worse, lol.

Thanks, haven't been to either of them but they both look very nice. il segreto has a special menu for the night.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭chickenbutt

My boyfriend took me to The Town Bar & Grill on Kildare St. for one Valentine's Day. I remember the food and service being great. And then we went to Cafe en Seine for a cocktail.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,927 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

You can't beat Nando's ;)

You can't beat Nando's ;)

Don't think I would get away with here but I admire your bravery!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,224 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

I've eaten in Peploe's once actually as well and that was lovely too (on Stephen's Green). Nice atmosphere as well as tasty food. They seem to have a Valentine menu as well for €49.50 each, might be a bit steep but at least you know the food will be good.

http://www.peploes.com/?p=612

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

miamee wrote: »
    I've eaten in Peploe's once actually as well and that was lovely too (on Stephen's Green). Nice atmosphere as well as tasty food. They seem to have a Valentine menu as well for €49.50 each, might be a bit steep but at least you know the food will be good.

http://www.peploes.com/?p=612

Aye +1 there, Peploe's is great, their staff was very accommodating when I was there a few weeks ago.

• Advertisement

I'm a fan of peploes alright. That deal is good considering its Valentines.

Might just be the answer.

Advertisement