Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Witcher 3

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Fakman87

Lads what do the places of power actually do? I read that they improve your signs but I can't see an increase after using them.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Fakman87 wrote: »
    Lads what do the places of power actually do? I read that they improve your signs but I can't see an increase after using them.

Are you getting the sign in the top left of your screen?

They increase (double?) your sign intensity for that sign. You can see what that means by the numbers in your detailed character screen.

Igni does more damage and maybe get's higher chance to ignite enemies, aard hits harder, not sure about axii or yrden and quen blocks more damage.

They obviously also give you 1 skill point the first time you visit them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Finally managed to beat
    the toad prince
    . :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

still level 2....... just butchered some people after my first game of gwent.

really need to sit down and commit some hours to this game!

Tell me about it, im only 2 hours in but keep getting distracted by other games,i seem to only want to play multiplayer games these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Any word on bug fixes? About 20 hours in, but the game is a mess. Floating characters in cutscenes, invisible walls everywhere and floating hornets nest.

They make a beautiful game look absolutely ridiculous, I would he thought most of this stuff would have been ironed out by now.

On 1.10 I think, on PC. GOG says its the newest version

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,995 ✭✭✭KilOit

Any word on bug fixes? About 20 hours in, but the game is a mess. Floating characters in cutscenes, invisible walls everywhere and floating hornets nest.

They make a beautiful game look absolutely ridiculous, I would he thought most of this stuff would have been ironed out by now.

Come on now, a mess would be constant crashes, stuttering and game breaking bugs like getting stuck in geometry and not being able to progress past certain quests.

only bugs i've seen in 30 odd hours are textures not loading in fast enough

KilOit wrote: »
    Come on now, a mess would be constant crashes, stuttering and game breaking bugs like getting stuck in geometry and not being able to progress past certain quests.

only bugs i've seen in 30 odd hours are textures not loading in fast enough

I had a lot of CTDs in the first 3-4 hours. I'm constantly getting caught in geometry, just not getting trapped there. Atleast most of the quests work I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

None of that stuff was there a few months back, so either it is your game, or the newer patches have caused this.

On a different topic,anybody have any idea when those Gwent cards are shipping?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

I had a lot of CTDs in the first 3-4 hours. I'm constantly getting caught in geometry, just not getting trapped there. Atleast most of the quests work I guess.

Turn off nVidia Hairworks if you have it on. It caused me some problems.

Aside from that, I haven't actually had any real problems with it. The OH is playing it now with a GTX 960 and has been doing 30-40fps usually without any crashes.

Finished the main questline on the DLC. Absolutely loved it and there were some brilliant quests in it.
    Loved the heist and the wedding as well
    . Are there many secondary quests as part of the DLC? Only found 2 or 3 so far.

• Advertisement

Just started it tonight. Need a break from Death March as the parts I am on for the main quest are just too stupid and hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

There's a side quest called Without a Trace. Follow your gut on that one... that's all i'll say.

I did that one
    and of course didnt investigate the old couple enough. Only found out later what actually happens to the halfling.
    Ah well

I did that one
    and of course didnt investigate the old couple enough. Only found out later what actually happens to the halfling.
    Ah well

Exact same as me! I knew something was up, thought it was weird i was being called back to the herbalist and didn't have a clue it was gonna end there so looked it up. Great idea of CDPR, I'm gonna be more thorough in future.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,450 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

anyone getting a quest marker in Shani's house?
    I can't seem to find how to activate it

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Exact same as me! I knew something was up, thought it was weird i was being called back to the herbalist and didn't have a clue it was gonna end there so looked it up. Great idea of CDPR, I'm gonna be more thorough in future.
    I actually let them go and lied to the herbalist about what happened

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

Up to level 8 :)

Been doing a good few side quests, so i'm very slow into the story. The last main story thing I've done is I've just gotten some magic lamp.

Gwent..... Pissing me off so much! Where do you find cards for this game? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Had two quests bug for me over the weekend which was a bit annoying. One involved another witcher
    The side quest where the guy from the school of the quest butchers the whole village. I wanted to kill him but it glitched where he wouldn't fight back. Had to let him live to complete the quest.

The second was a dodgy witcher contract on skellige where
    you run into the four monsters who want to kill you. Then the werewolf jumps down to fight you. Again, I killed him but he didn't die. Fighting all the monsters also didn't help. Bit annoyed as that quest was kind of cool. I'll just have to wait for a patch for that one.

Otherwise a good weekend of it. Got the second level of the wolf gear made, and completed a good few contracts for some cash. Have an interesting looking quest to go back to on Skellige tonight involving a cyclops and an overturned wagon. Not sure what's going to happen but looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Had two quests bug for me over the weekend which was a bit annoying. One involved another witcher
    The side quest where the guy from the school of the quest butchers the whole village. I wanted to kill him but it glitched where he wouldn't fight back. Had to let him live to complete the quest.

The second was a dodgy witcher contract on skellige where
    you run into the four monsters who want to kill you. Then the werewolf jumps down to fight you. Again, I killed him but he didn't die. Fighting all the monsters also didn't help. Bit annoyed as that quest was kind of cool. I'll just have to wait for a patch for that one.

Otherwise a good weekend of it. Got the second level of the wolf gear made, and completed a good few contracts for some cash. Have an interesting looking quest to go back to on Skellige tonight involving a cyclops and an overturned wagon. Not sure what's going to happen but looking forward to it.
    Skellige's Most Wanted has been glitched for ages.

Skerries wrote: »
    I actually let them go and lied to the herbalist about what happened

So you
    found the body, linked it to them and let them go? How did the story play out for you? I just got "Oh the wolves got him and dragged him off". Knew they were dodgy as feck but thought that was it since it said go back to the herbalist.

• Advertisement

Up to level 8 :)

Been doing a good few side quests, so i'm very slow into the story. The last main story thing I've done is I've just gotten some magic lamp.

Gwent..... Pissing me off so much! Where do you find cards for this game? :)

I'm at a similar stage in the story actually, I'm a lower level though

You buy Gwent cards from merchants, I'd recommend leaving 22-24 cards in the deck so you have a higher chance of getting stronger cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Shougeki

You buy Gwent cards from merchants, I'd recommend leaving 22-24 cards in the deck so you have a higher chance of getting stronger cards.

I wasnt doing well at all at Gwent. Then I went to the merchants and bought some cards and it is much easier.

I am level 18 and only starting in Novigrad :P Didn't get to play all weekend, so straight in after work this evening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭sheep?

This game......Like....I'm only on level 4 but the sheer size...

The music and sound design is fantastic. It really adds to the feeling of openness and depression over the war.

I entered the game at 20 min intervals over a week or two and couldn't get into it. However, once I killed the griffin I feel like I finally broke the 'entry barrier' and I'm roaming around hunting question marks.

What I'm loving is that it doesn't feel too repetitive. Missions have a unique feel to them, and the world feels well built and gives the feeling of wanting to explore it.

Anyway, I know I'm late to the party on this one, but loving it!

(I do feel the inventory system needs a wee overhaul though. A little clunky. Perhaps because I haven't gotten used to it yet though)

So you
    found the body, linked it to them and let them go? How did the story play out for you? I just got "Oh the wolves got him and dragged him off". Knew they were dodgy as feck but thought that was it since it said go back to the herbalist.
    yeah I found the body behind the house in the cellar and confronted them and they were saying that they were too feeble to hunt for themselves so I made them promise not to eat human flesh again and let them live. I then went back to the herbalist and said that a monster had gotten to him and he accepted that

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Shougeki

sheep? wrote: »
    (I do feel the inventory system needs a wee overhaul though. A little clunky. Perhaps because I haven't gotten used to it yet though)

Absolutely. Can be a pain in the ***. They don't use enough screen real estate on the PC. You really shouldn't have to scroll...
    My other two issues are not seeing all the quests at the same time. Can be annoying to go through each quest, then go to map, then go to journal, choose new one, go to map etc. [Also, I think the map load is quite low also. That second or so just takes away from the smoothness.
    And lastly, I would like to be able to drop notes on the map. Some things you come across are way to high level. And not all are points of interest.

BTW another question
    How far through am I if I am just about to speak to Triss in Novigrad for the main quest?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Shougeki wrote: »
    Absolutely. Can be a pain in the ***. They don't use enough screen real estate on the PC. You really shouldn't have to scroll...
    My other two issues are not seeing all the quests at the same time. Can be annoying to go through each quest, then go to map, then go to journal, choose new one, go to map etc. [Also, I think the map load is quite low also. That second or so just takes away from the smoothness.
    And lastly, I would like to be able to drop notes on the map. Some things you come across are way to high level. And not all are points of interest.

BTW another question
    How far through am I if I am just about to speak to Triss in Novigrad for the main quest?
    IIRC that's not even half-way. Maybe more than a quarter in though?

Skerries wrote: »
    yeah I found the body behind the house in the cellar and confronted them and they were saying that they were too feeble to hunt for themselves so I made them promise not to eat human flesh again and let them live. I then went back to the herbalist and said that a monster had gotten to him and he accepted that
    They were cannibals who picked on halflings to eat them......Jaysus, I would have hacked them to shyte :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

Really? Ah feck......I KNEW there was something odd about that, and I thought it was very strange how it just ended.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Fakman87

Lads if you buy a quest item from a merchant does it cause glitches later on when you discover the quest or is it ok?

• Advertisement

Finally got some time for the DLC tonight. Loving the new stuff, but once again very disappointed to see there are several bugged trophies once again.

Advertisement