Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Witcher 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

GodlessM wrote: »
    How can you be level 29 at the start of Ugly Baby? Did you faux grind or something?

I was level 26 at that point. 29 is not outlandish.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

Kirby wrote: »
    I was level 26 at that point. 29 is not outlandish.

It is when you consider it is 2k xp between levels at that stage, and nothing outside of main story gives you much more than 100. I was 25 at that stage and had exhausted all side activity possible. My only assumption is that he somehow did quests that out leveled significantly end masse. In which case fair play.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Shougeki

How can you be level 29 at the start of Ugly Baby? Did you faux grind or something?

Nope. Did everything. Every side quest, every option, every monster I came across. It was also lvl 28 [about 1/2 way to 29]

I did spend ages going around getting the mats for all the superior potions, oils and bombs, so I may have returned to places a number of times, and generally started when they woulkd have been red skulls above them :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭Corvo

Shougeki wrote: »
    Nope. Did everything. Every side quest, every option, every monster I came across. It was also lvl 28 [about 1/2 way to 29]

I did spend ages going around getting the mats for all the superior potions, oils and bombs, so I may have returned to places a number of times, and generally started when they woulkd have been red skulls above them :P

Fair play, that's good going.

Does this have acts like in The Witcher 2? So if I reach a certain point, I won't be able travel back?

• Advertisement

Does this have acts like in The Witcher 2? So if I reach a certain point, I won't be able travel back?

There is one section like that, late on in the game which means that by proceeding any further you will lose a number of quests.

However the game warns you of this, so you have the option of turning around.

The name of the quest is
    "Isle of Mists"
    just in case you want to keep an eye out for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

Fair play dude.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Shougeki

Fair play dude.

I generally don't go back to a game a second time, and I have probably got 40 or 50+ games that I want to play in my backlog, so I have a tendency to be a completionist about RPGs and things with no real linear progression, which can sometimes mak you well over level, like being lvl 28 starting ActII when the quests are lvl 19 :P

I generally don't go back to a game a second time, and I have probably got 40 or 50+ games that I want to play in my backlog, so I have a tendency to be a completionist about RPGs and things with no real linear progression, which can sometimes mak you well over level, like being lvl 28 starting ActII when the quests are lvl 19 :P

I am the ying to your yang. I tend to blast through RPG's before I lose interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Finished this last night, got the good ending (I think). Almost everything was perfect for me in this game, really loved it.

Gonna launch into the expansion tonight, I'll probably wait a while before I start fallout 4 so I'm not comparing it too closely to this.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭sheep?

I thought this game would last a good while for me, but it drew me in so much that I played some endless days there, got sucked right into the story and finished it. As such, I left a good few quests undone.
    Got the ending where Ciri became a witcher, and Temeria became a country within the Nilfgardian Empire, Cerys was queen of Skellige aaaaand not sure about anything else. Oh, went and lived happily ever after with Triss in Kovir. Not sure how much of that is changeable, I'm assuming all of it.

Amazing game. Game of the year for me, no doubt. Fallout will be great, I know, but fantasy always wins in my books. The setting (those skies), music, story and characters were perfect(ish) for me.

Downloading Hearts of Stone now, but thinking about doing another run before playing that.
    I spent the game gunning for Feline armour and pumping points into the fast attack slot. I might try again looking at Ursine and strong attacks, with more of an emphasis on Neutrality. I was a bit of a goody two shoes first time around. That eternal Yen or Triss question as well....

• Registered Users Posts: 17,937 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

The answer is
    Yennifer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Thargor wrote: »
    The answer is...
    I got greedy and finished as a lonely wanderer. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,937 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

So did I and felt a bit sad about it, the only RPG where I actually gave a sh1t about companions and relationships.

Thargor wrote: »
    The answer is
    Yennifer.

Haha, I'll go a courtin' for her next time. I have a soft spot for red heads though.
    Saying that....that unicorn looked mighty suspicious.

I really wish I was playing this again for the first time. Game of the year for me.

Pac1Man wrote: »
    I really wish I was playing this again for the first time. Game of the year for me.

I played a bit of fallout last night but honestly I'm more excited to play more of The Witcher when I get home

I don't know how lame this is, but I downloaded HoS last night. Started it there and just had an overwhelming urge to start the whole thing again. So I did. Already have a massive smile on my face about just riding around White Orchard. What a game.

Finished the main quest in HoS last night, have a few side missions left.

Very very enjoyable.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

GOTY for me I think. You got some bang for your buck. It was a MASSIVE game and looked and played great.

• Advertisement

logik wrote: »
    GOTY for me I think. You got some bang for your buck. It was a MASSIVE game and looked and played great.

Put it this way, I've never as much as thought about buying DLC before but cannot wait for the next expansion. I've 125 hours racked up on this, and it has never got old.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

125 hours in myself, and I've yet to go to the isle of mists!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,450 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

I was thinking of going back and playing older rpg's I missed but this has spoiled me now :(

Skerries wrote: »
    I was thinking of going back and playing older rpg's I missed but this has spoiled me now :(

+1

I switched on New Vegas the other day to sooth some Fallout hype.

Nope.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

I finished HoS on Tuesday evening. Brilliant writing by the team - I'm surprised by my own actions
    saving Olgierd and beating O'Dimm - considering what a dick Olgierd was from the start; but the writing and story around his wife and his brother really swayed me.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭DeclanRe

I finished HoS on Tuesday evening. Brilliant writing by the team - I'm surprised by my own actions
    saving Olgierd and beating O'Dimm - considering what a dick Olgierd was from the start; but the writing and story around his wife and his brother really swayed me.

Yea
    At the start i was totally against him, but after Iris - i had to help him
    Fantastic writing indeed. Cant wait for the next expansion

DeclanRe wrote: »
    Yea
    At the start i was totally against him, but after Iris - i had to help him
    Fantastic writing indeed. Cant wait for the next expansion

That's the thing, the game has a great way of twisting your emotions.
    I found the whole Iris storyline to be brilliant, both the narrative and the battles within (the Spectres and The Caretaker especially). That she obviously deeply loved Olgier, but battled constantly against social pressures and her obvious knowledge that he was quite tormented towards the end.

I found the Vlodomir quest excellent aswell, with some great laugh out loud moments.
    Overall, really enjoyed it. I hope the next expansion stands up to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,641 ✭✭✭Glebee

Just starting the Isle of Mist section.

(a) Have I much left to do to complete?
    (b) Can the DLC be complete after I finish the main story?
    and
    (C) What an epic fcuking game...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Glebee wrote: »
    Just starting the Isle of Mist section.

(a) Have I much left to do to complete?
    (b) Can the DLC be complete after I finish the main story?
    and
    (C) What an epic fcuking game...

(a) It's endgame and there isn't a whole lot left but there is a good 5 hours or so I'd say;
    (b) Yes;
    (c) Yes!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,106 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

(a) It's endgame and there isn't a whole lot left but there is a good 5 hours or so I'd say;
    (b) Yes;
    (c) Yes!

If only starting Isle of Mists there's more than 5 hours of the main story left.

Advertisement