Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Witcher 3

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,874 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Gamespot.ie are doing a 3 part series on the witcher for the next 3 days. Interesting stuff like in Poland, they used to transmit C64 games over radio waves for people to record and play :pac:

Good to see an Irish lad on one of the big gaming sites.

http://www.gamespot.com/videos/introducing-the-witcher-3-wild-hunt/2300-6424503/

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭GetInTheHole!

First 15 minutes of gameplay (SPOILER FREE)

That was ****ing awesome!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

sheehy83 wrote: »
    They have 16 packs of free dlc like armour and beard styles that will be released every week after launch. then they will have 2 expansion packs, one in October and the other next year that will add around 30 hours of gameplay between them. The expansion packs are the only ones that will cost money.

I hope they put the ice skating boss fight in one of them....they dropped it from the main game but it sounded real different.
    I went to play the Witcher II earlier but my 360 is broken tbf it owes me nothing but I need to buy a new one >.<

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Where's the cheapest place to get this for the PC?

ERG89 wrote: »
    I hope they put the ice skating boss fight in one of them....they dropped it from the main game but it sounded real different.
    I went to play the Witcher II earlier but my 360 is broken tbf it owes me nothing but I need to buy a new one >.<

Yeah, on the GT podcast, the game designer said one of the devs actually made it and it looked cool but they didn't want to drop you in a boss fight with no tutorial and a tutorial of ice skating wouldn't fit with the story :)

Also, one of the devs made the beard growing engine but didn't tell anyone, just put it in as he thought it looked cool and some other devs found it when testing. One of them mentioned it as a throw away comment to media and made it out to be this big thing they were working on.

I'll never get to play Witcher 1 or 2 so reading some of the comics at the moment to catch me up on the lore.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Where are folks getting the PS4 version from? Amazon's £45 is over €60 now with the crappy exchange rate, probably not much cheaper than Argos/Smyths here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

I never played the Witcher 1 or 2 but this looks like alot of fun. Going to have to buy it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Where's the cheapest place to get this for the PC?

27.85 GOG code

€29.99 Steam key i think

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Lahinchians

€90 for it + the expansion pass on the ps store. I'll be having some of that! Roll on pay day!

I just preordered it and it said 'Download to PS4'. I pressed it and it said waiting in the queue. Turned on my PS4 but an update is needed and my joypad is currently with sony for repair so can't confirm if it will actually start downloading yet before the update is done. Can anyone else confirm?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Cina

Good to see an Irish lad on one of the big gaming sites.

He's brilliant too. You should check out his bi-weekly show "The Point".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Where are folks getting the PS4 version from? Amazon's £45 is over €60 now with the crappy exchange rate, probably not much cheaper than Argos/Smyths here?

I got it for 55 in hmv.ie using the 20% off discount. You could wait for argos as they are usually the cheapest on release day for games

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Lahinchians

Cina wrote: »
    He's brilliant too. You should check out his bi-weekly show "The Point".

Yeah im a big follower of Danny too. One of the more interesting games journalists

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Don't think I'll be able to run this on my laptop but just bought Witcher 1 and 2 on steam :)

They have some Game of Thrones talent doing the voice work. Also, part 2 of the Gamespot series will be up at 5pm today.

Gamespot Witcher series Pt. 2 is up. "Today we'll explore craggy islands..." Father Ted reference??
    :pac:

http://www.gamespot.com/videos/exploring-the-vast-world-of-the-witcher-3-wild-hun/2300-6424516/

Map screenshots from gamespot video
    large_2851141-witchermap3.png

large_2851139-witchermap1.png

large_2851140-witchermap2.png

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Tempted to go digital just because it's $53 on the PSN store.

• Advertisement

Side quest you can stumble upon near the start.

Final part of the Gamespot series is up now all about the quests and activities in the game.

http://www.gamespot.com/videos/unveiling-the-gameplay-of-the-witcher-3-wild-hunt/2300-6424536/

Combat is looking class

lU5CpXY.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Any word on mod support?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Just remembered I have a week off when this is released. Oh yes!

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭altairscreed

Just remembered I have a week off when this is released. Oh yes!

I'm trying to figure out the best way to ask the missus if she minds me taking a week off work to play the witcher when it comes out, it's not going to be easy but I'm going to try :o

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 47 PedroBear

Combat is looking class

That "Xbox One" footage Microsoft released is not actually Xbox One footage at all. They done fvvcked up.

The gameplay was captured at 60FPS and seeing as consoles will only be able to muster up 30FPS it's pretty obvious to even the most laymen of consumers that this footage is actually PC footage.

To think that Microsoft would be using glorious PC footage in order to sell their own XBO version.....I'm absolutely SHOCKED!

As for the royal backlash they've received, they've attached a disclaimer to the video detailing how it has been captured on PC. lol

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,672 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Under a month to go, can't wait!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭recyclops

Just picked this up and as i game share with a chap in work it was the fine sum of 32 quid each cant wait

its preloading as i speak

• Advertisement

Advertisement