Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Witcher 3

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Evade wrote: »
    No.

****, I really need to stop with Gwent

Working my way through HoS slowly, still on death march. The fight at
    Manor House
    early on was all kinds pain , 2 hours it took me and 3 cups of tea from my other half who kept saying just lower the setting.

The gaunter o'dimm character seems to be a real nod to the Dark Tower series by Stephen King, anyone else familiar with those books think the same ? Not just the name O'Dimm but the character too.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭paulmurphyvec

I seriously love this game. Does anyone have any idea of the release date for the Blood And Wine DLC?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

I have recently returned to my NG+ playthrough. Totally sucked in again....what a game. Cannot wait for Blood and Wine. Going to get through this NG+ game, including Hearts of Stone, in prep for it.

Quick one for the vets out there. I have been using my Mastercrafted Feline gear right the way through. I have come across various other armour and weapons which can have better base stats, but are weaker in terms of additional bonuses and Rune/Glyph slots. Is there actually any better Light armour out there that I should be looking at? I don't really want to touch Medium/Heavy as my build is based on pure combat (rarely use Signs), stamina regen and adrenaline.

I might give the Viper armour (I know it is medium) a go once I get to HoS in this playthrough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭sheep?

There's a few new ones added in HoS, specifically the Ofieri one I'm thinking of. Can't remember if it's better than the feline armour.

• Advertisement

sheep? wrote: »
    There's a few new ones added in HoS, specifically the Ofieri one I'm thinking of. Can't remember if it's better than the feline armour.

Yeah, I remember that one from my first playthrough. Not sure if I used it though, can't remember!

To be honest man, I'm not sure there are many pieces better than master crafted Witcher gear.

sheep? wrote: »
    To be honest man, I'm not sure there are many pieces better than master crafted Witcher gear.

Yeah, although there are a lot of weapons which seem to be a lot better than the mastercrafted swords.

All the hype fallout 4 gets, it realy doesnt have the sit down and play for 6 hours quality, like I dont really even play main quest mostly run around to question marks and play Gwent. I only ever move forward when I run out of question marks. I played Fallout for an hour and got bored

astonaidan wrote: »
    All the hype fallout 4 gets, it realy doesnt have the sit down and play for 6 hours quality, like I dont really even play main quest mostly run around to question marks and play Gwent. I only ever move forward when I run out of question marks. I played Fallout for an hour and got bored

I've only played two hours of Fallout 4 :eek:

It's an fps. A bloody fps. I'll go back to it someday.

• Advertisement

I've only played two hours of Fallout 4 :eek:

It's an fps. A bloody fps. I'll go back to it someday.

Its really not my kinda game at all, more bought it for nephew and brother, but Im not a big gun person, I need a sword for my rpgs. Kinda wish I was able to name my own sword when I made it, or upgrade the swords with awesome names my gripes in the witcher are really hilarious when said out loud.
    Actual quote to my friend "I like the game but I really wish I could set them big hay bales on fire"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Finally gave this a bit more attention this weekend and I think I'm thoroughly hooked now. I've done a couple of witches contracts and have
    gotten to what I believe to be near the end of the bloody Baron / crookback crones questioned, the Baron had just told be about his horse race with ciri

I'm only starting to scrape the surface of the crafting and alchemy systems. There's a lot there to get a handle on but it's very rewarding.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭jones

Finally gave this a bit more attention this weekend and I think I'm thoroughly hooked now. I've done a couple of witches contracts and have
    gotten to what I believe to be near the end of the bloody Baron / crookback crones questioned, the Baron had just told be about his horse race with ciri

I'm only starting to scrape the surface of the crafting and alchemy systems. There's a lot there to get a handle on but it's very rewarding.

It really is a fantastic game so much depth to it. I'll probably end up re-starting it again and playing through it at some point in the future. So many good stories and in some cases some of the side quests have better stories than the main one.

I thought Fallout 4 would be my main open world game of the last year but i think the witcher 3 is a better game which, for me, came out of nowhere

It's such an easy game to get lost in , and you never feel after 2 hours or more of wandering investigating ? on the map that you just wasted your time.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Shougeki

God damn it. Im at
    Caer Morhain
    since about last October and havent gone back to it, and have probably forgotten how good it is. Between FO4, Sword Coast Legends and various Card games I play, and a diminishing amount of gaming time as I am trying to study for some exams, I haven't gone back. I was hoping to freeze there until the second expansion comes out. I keep meaning to go back to this, Pillars of Eternity, Divinity Original Sin, and others that are 80% complete but keep getting distracted.

I really need to take a week off work and catch up on my games.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭Corvo

I'm tempted to start it over again as I haven't played it in a few months except for the DLC.

Going to go New Game + and Death March. I reckon I'll lose my mind at the difficulty, but to hell with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Corvo wrote: »
    I'm tempted to start it over again as I haven't played it in a few months except for the DLC.

Going to go New Game + and Death March. I reckon I'll lose my mind at the difficulty, but to hell with it.

Honestly, you will be sound on NG+ Death March, once you get some good gear and get past an hour or 2 into it.

Griffen sword set and Cat school gear is the best gear for NG+ DM I read before doing my run. And I stuck with it the whole game.

But the DLC Heart of Stone on NG+ DM, that main missions, that was absolutely impossible I found and had to drop the difficulty at that point and still found it hard, had to get better gear too as my Griffen sword set and Cat school gear were sound for the main game but were a low level once I got into the DLC, had to craft new gear, think I had to use non witcher gear as its not at a set level like the witcher gear is.

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    Honestly, you will be sound on NG+ Death March, once you get some good gear and get past an hour or 2 into it.

Griffen sword set and Cat school gear is the best gear for NG+ DM I read before doing my run. And I stuck with it the whole game.

But the DLC Heart of Stone on NG+ DM, that main missions, that was absolutely impossible I found and had to drop the difficulty at that point and still found it hard, had to get better gear too as my Griffen sword set and Cat school gear were sound for the main game but were a low level once I got into the DLC, had to craft new gear, think I had to use non witcher gear as its not at a set level like the witcher gear is.

Thanks for the above, it will probably spur me onto starting it this evening. Actually can't wait to go through some of the quests.

Already have fully mastercrafted Griffin gear, which suits me as I play sign heavy.

Corvo wrote: »
    Already have fully mastercrafted Griffin gear, which suits me as I play sign heavy.

Bad news, your stuff from the original playthrough will just be slightly better than starting gear in new NG+.

All the witcher stuff is now legendary witcher gear. You have to collect all the diagrams again and craft from scratch.

Bad news, your stuff from the original playthrough will just be slightly better than starting gear in new NG+.

All the witcher stuff is now legendary witcher gear. You have to collect all the diagrams again and craft from scratch.

Damn you, damn you to hell.

• Advertisement

I think I'm going to start a new run once they have a release date for Blood and Wine, maybe on Hard. Just enough for the challenge, but not too taxing that I can't enjoy myself. I loved my DM run, but there were some moments I wanted to pull my hair out.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,181 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'll do the same. Looking forward to playing through it with both expansions on NG+.

Really? I have the Mastercrafted Feline gear I am using in NG+ from the first playthrough. Been using it all the way through, and I am at the Isle of Mists part now. Oops.

Um....guess I should go get that Legendary stuff..

Noopti wrote: »
    Really? I have the Mastercrafted Feline gear I am using in NG+ from the first playthrough. Been using it all the way through, and I am at the Isle of Mists part now. Oops.

Um....guess I should go get that Legendary stuff..

Wow, you're good. Really good. I was struggling in parts, definitely would not have managed NG+ DM with my original gear.

Maybe you can use your original stuff, I didn't. I made new stuff as soon as I high enough of a level to equip it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Finally finished New Game+ not on death-march because i'm not a sadist. I got the "good" ending at least it was a better ending than I got the first time. Downloading hearts of stone now... its taking forever.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Hearts of Stone was an awesome experience

The Wedding. I haven't laughed so much in a AAA game.

Random question guys, If Im on Skellige how much more longer is the game, I just arrived their after putting about 60ish hours into it so far

• Registered Users Posts: 23,175 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Random question guys, If Im on Skellige how much more longer is the game, I just arrived their after putting about 60ish hours into it so far

Just arrived? Hard to put an hour figure on it but you've got ages to go yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,787 ✭✭✭Evade

That's about half way through the main story. If you stick to the main story you could probably go through it in about 15 hours. Including side quests and optional parts of main quests maybe 30+ hours.

Advertisement