Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Witcher 3

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭sheep?

allibastor wrote: »
    I am level 15 and I fought a level 22 Chort.

Holy crap that was a long and tough fight.

Then I fount some level 20 Alghouls and I could not even hurt them. Sometimes the game makes my head hurt.

Is that the chort on Skellige? Found him to be a tough one alright.

But alghouls....those bastards and their spikes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭allibastor

sheep? wrote: »
    Is that the chort on Skellige? Found him to be a tough one alright.

But alghouls....those bastards and their spikes.

No, he was in Velen.part where it killed a fiend

Any one any idea on what I can do with all my crafting ruins?

I have literally hundreds of them now, and I am finding vendors have no money?

God my question about money at the start of the game seems stupid now, I am lvl 15 and have 39K at hand, and my storage chest is teeming with rare swords and armour.

any idea what traders have high amount of gold.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭Corvo

allibastor wrote: »
    Any one any idea on what I can do with all my crafting ruins?

I have literally hundreds of them now, and I am finding vendors have no money?

God my question about money at the start of the game seems stupid now, I am lvl 15 and have 39K at hand, and my storage chest is teeming with rare swords and armour.

any idea what traders have high amount of gold.

I'd bank it for now, you will find you will dip into that significantly as you level up and need better armor. Also, in the DLC, there is another vendor who offers you upgrades which are 10k+.

Hope this helps

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Oh man, is there anything that CDPR do that isn't absolutely brilliant? Really didn't know where that vid was going but that was genius. Plus I would pre-order the **** out of that :pac:

Ha! A part of me though maaaaybe, just maybe they'd stick on the announcement for B+W at the end for the craic.

Still, I'd buy that in a heartbeat. :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,181 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Haha, that was hilarious :D

Corvo wrote: »
    I'd bank it for now, you will find you will dip into that significantly as you level up and need better armor. Also, in the DLC, there is another vendor who offers you upgrades which are 10k+.

Hope this helps

****, really.

Hopefully they are good. I am finding that I am burning through so much gear at this stage.

I went from lvl 17 Feline gear to lvl 18 Enhanced Griffin gear and now at Lvl 19 and finding better stuff again. it is a pain to change so much.

I's stick with one school of gear if I were you, whatever suits your play style. If you craft 'em all, you'll quickly burn a hole in your gold pouch.

Also, are you sure you're finding better gear? I have to be honest, I found it hard to find better gear than the witcher stuff I crafted...

• Advertisement

sheep? wrote: »
    I's stick with one school of gear if I were you, whatever suits your play style. If you craft 'em all, you'll quickly burn a hole in your gold pouch.

Also, are you sure you're finding better gear? I have to be honest, I found it hard to find better gear than the witcher stuff I crafted...

Yep.

I am just over the lvl 19 mark and already I found a sword, I have multiple ones of called Addn Death or something like that.
    It has 9 more damage than my normal sword. It has 3 slots also, my Witcher gear has 2 and many of the stats are improved.

Cool cool, that's probably a relic, yeah? Brown background? I have to admit, I sold most of them for cold hard cash, and never used the relic slots, even on death march, so my bad! :pac:

I suppose it is completely down to your play style then. I mean, I remember coming across swords that had more damage, slots, and increased igni by a country mile, or what have you. However, I generally stuck to my Feline swords because I almost exclusively used quick attacks and the whirlwind skill (and a little quen), so anything that improved my bleed attribute was golden.

I wouldn't worry about constantly upgrading your stuff to be honest. The witcher gear tends to level up well with the game, a slightly stronger sword might not make that much of a difference, unless it drastically suits your style.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Game just clicked for me recently, after giving it a very generous attempt about 6 months ago, I couldn't get into it

Now I've been playing for 3 days straight :pac:

Does it get to a stage where you're so OP that your armor doesn't really matter and its all about fashion? I love the base Feline Set so much, I'd love to be able to go back to it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,787 ✭✭✭Evade

Does it get to a stage where you're so OP that your armor doesn't really matter and its all about fashion? I love the base Feline Set so much, I'd love to be able to go back to it
    Not really. Enemies don't scale with you so if you go back to earlier areas the enemies will be almost no threat no matter what you're wearing. Doing quests around or above your recommended level your armour will make a difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,937 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

This really is a great piece of music from an incredible OST:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭jones

Really is a brilliant game, soundtrack visuals the lot. I'd love to have a top end pc to see how it looks on that...not that ps4 version is any slouch

I feel like I'm the only person who didn't think much of the soundtrack. It fits the world perfectly, it's exactly what a I imagine a medieval band would play in a kings court; but I would never listen to it myself. That song that plays during gwent with the repetitive whistle drove me insane. This part in particular prompted me to mute the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,446 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

• Registered Users Posts: 23,175 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Skerries wrote: »

CD Projekt Red, you are spoiling us.

I'm waiting until this is released until I start my second playthrough but with the main game, Hearts of Stone and Blood & Wine, God knows how much time I'm going to put into it....again.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

J. Marston wrote: »
    CD Projekt Red, you are spoiling us.

I'm waiting until this is released until I start my second playthrough but with the main game, Hearts of Stone and Blood & Wine, God knows how much time I'm going to put into it....again.

I traded it in for Dark Souls 3 but am going to pick up the GOTY edition whenever that comes out,complete Blood and Wine and then start NG+..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭jones

Awesome news - witcher 3 was my game of 2015

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

FB page confirm it will arrive 1st half of 2016, also share the official cover artwork

12963781_10153746469099331_212507030429090792_n.jpg?oh=f3efaddf2b2fa2212388ef41735f6517&oe=57BB61A5

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    FB page confirm it will arrive 1st half of 2016, also share the official cover artwork

High quality shots of the cover here

• Registered Users Posts: 23,175 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Looks like Geralt will be getting locked again. Yay!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

J. Marston wrote: »
    Looks like Geralt will be getting locked again. Yay!

And Im sure hell be nailing bitches :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

Any word on the recomnended player level for the new dlc? The first one,i think, was level 32, thats a hella lot pf playing time to get to.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,446 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Any word on the recomnended player level for the new dlc? The first one,i think, was level 32, thats a hella lot pf playing time to get to.

yeah but you got bumped up to level 30 when you went to Kaer Morhan if I remember right

yeah but you got bumped up to level 30 when you went to Kaer Morhan if I remember right

Really,

I am lvl 22 now and it is getting tough. I love to go back to White Orchard from time to time to show how over powered I am now.

Stupid lvl 2 drowners who made my life hell.

Cannot WAIT for this dlc.

And that's a sentence I never ever thought I'd hear myself say.

I do have a few games I have on the trot to try and get through as well....

A confirmed date would be lovely, to plan the new play through up to the release. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Is this when you first go to Kaer Morhan to change Uma or later on in the game

Advertisement