Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Witcher 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

sheep? wrote: »
    Once you get the hang of it, it's quite easy I think.

Thanks for this, must give it a go now. Think I'll start off in White Orchard and see how I get on

• Registered Users Posts: 12,446 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

anyone try Gwent in Tabletop Simulator?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

L'prof wrote: »
    Has anybody gotten the hang of Gwent??? Thought I was doing ok but then some Shopkeeper absolutely annihilated me! Any foolproof quide on how to get better at it or is it even worth my time?

Take cards out of the deck you dont want to be drawn, anything below 6 imo unless you have a lot of the same card then they can stay.

Got the hang of this now, thanks lads. Just won the High Stakes tournament. Must try and collect all the cards now. Can I just play randomers to pick them all up?

I think I've collected all the main ones now...hard to tell though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭sheep?

There's a few points of no return with regards to collecting them all, sorry to say!

One is the inn keeper in White Orchard I think, which is a bitch because it's the beginning of the game. Again, memory is hazy on this, so I'd Google it.

The other is a quest involving zoltan. You get the choice of cards or money at the end, and you have to chose the cards.

You won the tournament, so that's grand.

Other than that, play all the Gwent quests with your mates and play everyone you can until new people you play and beat don't give you a card.

Finally, the last places to get cards are shopkeepers' inventories.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,787 ✭✭✭Evade

L'prof wrote: »
    Can I just play randomers to pick them all up?
    Pretty much. There are a few missable matches so you might want to look up a guide if you're going for the trophy / achievement.

There's a few points of no return with regards to collecting them all, sorry to say!

One is the inn keeper in White Orchard I think, which is a bitch because it's the beginning of the game. Again, memory is hazy on this, so I'd Google it.

The other is a quest involving zoltan. You get the choice of cards or money at the end, and you have to chose the cards.

You won the tournament, so that's grand.

Other than that, play all the Gwent quests with your mates and play everyone you can until new people you play and beat don't give you a card.

Finally, the last places to get cards are shopkeepers' inventories.
    Evade wrote: »
    Pretty much. There are a few missable matches so you might want to look up a guide if you're going for the trophy / achievement.

Well fiddlesticks, I don't have the Zoltan card! Ah well, saves me a lot of time chasing that trophy! Pity I onl got into Gwent after I finished the game! Think I'll try and get a few more trophies before I buy the DLC

I think they patched that so you can go back and get it

Skerries wrote: »
    I think they patched that so you can go back and get it

Apparantly, but I went to the hanged man's tree and it wasn't there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

I can't help but feel tha because you can't choose to bring out your own choice of companions (Zoltan,Triss, Yen etc) on missions that the game can feel a very lonely experience. The monster and treausre hunts especially could have been made more interesting by having someone accompanying you on them. Its Also disappointing that it appears the DLC doesn't contain any of the main companions either.

• Advertisement

...a very lonely experience.
    Sounds like the life of a witcher.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

Sounds like the life of a witcher.

Well I guess he does have a harem of women to comfort him on lonely nights. Perhaps an ending where you end up alone is the most accurate- I have never read the books so not sure how they end.

Achievements are up on steam for Blood & Wine, so maybe coming pretty soon?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Achievements are up on steam for Blood & Wine, so maybe coming pretty soon?

:eek: New Gwent deck -
    'Collect all cards in the Skillige Deck'

New Witcher gear Upgrades -
    'Find all Grandmaster diargrams for each shchool'

Nice!

Sweeeeet! I might be tempted to veer away from the Northern Realms deck for the craic.

Release date May 30 according to the games steam page. It's been removed but the reddit folks found this https://steamdb.info/app/378648/history/

Can....not....wait........to own a Vineyard :). Read this will retail at approx €20. I'd say it will piss all over the Fallout Far harbour DLC.

Ch9ekx6VAAAIbP4.jpg

Just playing through Hearts of Stone now. Find myself getting killed a lot more now than when I finished off the main storyline! Anybody else come across this bug at Kilkerrin Ruins? Also, anybody else completely blow all their cash maxing out the runecrafting and upgrading weapons and armour? Probably not worth it at all. I'll have to empty the chest and find some merchants to buy old gear off me!

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Can....not....wait........to own a Vineyard :).

Oh man....YES!

L'prof, I don't recall that bug, but it may have occurred in my play-through and I wasn't aware. I blew all my money on a pair of spectacles. They're totally worth it. :D

(Seriously though, yes I spent a lot on Rune crafting. Can't say if it was worth it to be honest I don't think it suited my play style)

a spoon-collecting creature known as a wight

b1f5ca7e0e5d10cedb9325471fc2d4a9.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Oh man....YES!

L'prof, I don't recall that bug, but it may have occurred in my play-through and I wasn't aware. I blew all my money on a pair of spectacles. They're totally worth it. :D

(Seriously though, yes I spent a lot on Rune crafting. Can't say if it was worth it to be honest I don't think it suited my play style)

The runecrafting was useful and while it did help, it would have been easy to get by without it. Probably wouldn't have been worth the obscene cost if not for having more gold than to know what to do with (which I presume was the idea, given HoS being geared towards high level characters who had already completed the main questlines).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭allibastor

Any one have any news on the Wolf school gear glitch??

I have all sets now with Master craft level bu could never get the wolf school basic gear.

Also, I have over 70K in Gold, is that usual for finishing act 2, or high/Low

Can't remember which school it was but one of my Gear quests got glitched and had to use a vid to find the 1st bit that kicked off the quest. Give the below vid a look.

I played this yesterday, 1st time in months to prepare for the DLC, completely forgot how to play. I only had 5000 gold annd one of my Ofeiri quests was to give a guy 5k. Dunno where ye're all getting your money from. Need to have another look at my character, see if I have valuables to sell, currency to change etc.

Was that the ursine gear? I remember getting it and not being able to get past a gate. A video showed how to exploit a glitch to 'infinite fall' and re-spawn elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Did they ever fix the werewolf quest?

Hey,

yeah I looked at this video before, doesn't say really how to fix the glitch other than go back to previous loads, but all my previous ones dont get me to Kaer Morhen.

Just a pain is all as I would like all the gear.

On a side note, does anyone actually notice a difference in the play style of using the gear?
    I find that nothing id a major difference when using each set. Like I can use a sign nearly as quick on the griffon set as I can with the ursine set. And same with movement in cat VS ursine set.

allibastor wrote: »
    I find that nothing id a major difference when using each set. Like I can use a sign nearly as quick on the griffon set as I can with the ursine set. And same with movement in cat VS ursine set.
    There is ,or at least there was when I played, a huge difference in stamina regeneration and damage resistance between cat and ursine sets.

There is ,or at least there was when I played, a huge difference in stamina regeneration and damage resistance between cat and ursine sets.

I must say i didnt really notice it all that much.

I am excited about getting the viper school stuff though, it looks good. Or else the grandmaster crafted

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Did they ever fix the werewolf quest?

The one on Skellige where he's teamed up with a troll, a godling and a doppler?

Played it yesterday and it was fine. Remember it being glitched shortly after the game's release.

• Advertisement

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I played this yesterday, 1st time in months to prepare for the DLC, completely forgot how to play. I only had 5000 gold annd one of my Ofeiri quests was to give a guy 5k. Dunno where ye're all getting your money from. Need to have another look at my character, see if I have valuables to sell, currency to change etc.

I had about 50k but I spent that all that upgrading the Runewright, swords and gear. I got to that level by selling all collected items to merchants. Never dropped any even when overburdened. I preferred to either sell it or store it in chests. Have a load stored now that I'm gonna pick up and try to flog off for cash in case I need some for any other missions.

Advertisement