Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Witcher 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,787 ✭✭✭Evade

allibastor wrote: »
    I must say i didnt really notice it all that much.
    It could have been changed. I finished the main game around this time last year and I didn't switch between armour classes when I played the DLC so my experience is a few patches out of date.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭allibastor

The one on Skellige where he's teamed up with a troll, a godling and a doppler?

Played it yesterday and it was fine. Remember it being glitched shortly after the game's release.

That was actually a great quest.
    Did everyone else just fight the wolf guy, or can you fight the rest too?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

The one on Skellige where he's teamed up with a troll, a godling and a doppler?

Played it yesterday and it was fine. Remember it being glitched shortly after the game's release.
    Yep - Skellige's Most Wanted. I have the glitch where he doesn't die - he's just stuck there frozen.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

allibastor wrote: »
    That was actually a great quest.
    Did everyone else just fight the wolf guy, or can you fight the rest too?
    If you choose (or if you don't have two good deeds done for monsters), you can fight the troll and the doppler along with the werewolf, but you get less of a reward.
    Yep - Skellige's Most Wanted. I have the glitch where he doesn't die - he's just stuck there frozen.

Had the same glitch when I first tried it whenever that DLC came out, but worked fine yesterday on newer save. On PC btw

• Registered Users Posts: 12,446 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭sheep?

Jaypors. Compare to Oblivion which felt like 3 VAs.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

sheep? wrote: »
    Jaypors. Compare to Oblivion which felt like 3 VAs.

Or even Fallout 4 for that matter "uh huh...yeah...okay...shiny?"

I'm level 38, need to get to level 39 to use that class venom sword i found in HOS but the only high level quest i have is the runewright one and not spending all my cash on something i don't even plan on using. Any other quests i have give 1 or 2 xp, bit annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I'm level 38, need to get to level 39 to use that class venom sword i found in HOS but the only high level quest i have is the runewright one and not spending all my cash on something i don't even plan on using. Any other quests i have give 1 or 2 xp, bit annoying.

Sure what else do you actually need the moola for?

Ah I don't wanna be stuck in case something fancy comes along in BaW that costs a few pennies.

Saw the below gif on Neogaf and had completely forgotted about that vampire from the original trailer. Someone linked a pic on where you can find him in Novigrad behind some breakable wall. Have to have a look at it later.

How to find the vampire - http://imgur.com/a/LZikB

FfU1fRu.gif

• Advertisement

maybe search for some of the missable quests you may have not seen

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/699808-the-witcher-3-wild-hunt/71884534

Skerries wrote: »
    maybe search for some of the missable quests you may have not seen

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/699808-the-witcher-3-wild-hunt/71884534

Sound man, yeah have most of if not all of them done. I went looking for random yellow exclamtion marks but they are all low level ones that won't give xp. Ah, will have plenty of new stuff coming soon I spose anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

So broke through the slump I was in and am now throughly enjoying the game. Am currently lvl 13 and am just wondering, does Geralts moves change at all like in the batman games. I'd like to see him learn some new ones

You can learn a few towards the upper levels of the fast and strong attack trees.

Whirlwind is a personal favourite!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I got to level 41 using quests so you should be able to get there. I did spend a bit of time between 40 and 41 just wandering killing enemies for an hour or so, just to push me over the line.

I still need to finish the side quests on skellige and the current DLC !

Sweet! Okay, starting a new run tonight! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,995 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

New free theme on ps4 based on the two expansions

Preorder up on the ps store now. 18 euro of you preorder before 31st of may or 20 euro after it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Preorder up on the ps store now. 18 euro of you preorder before 31st of may or 20 euro after it.

I bought the expansion pack. Does that work out slightly better?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Any tips on keeping my weight down and also for making money? I never seem to be more than a few items away from being overburdened. Is the gear i put in the stash box taken into account or do i have to have it on my person when i want to craft an item?

Buy saddle bags for Roach, increases your capacity. Taking part in the horse races also provides them.

There's a perk that you can put 1 point into to increase your carry weight by 60. Other than that, have a look at the weight of valuables, items, etc. One item might be light but you might have a ton of them. Other than that, i store all my armor and weapons in the storage box. Just have my Master Wolf Armor, 2 swords and maybe 1 other sword as a spare.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

If you're on PC there's a mod for unlimited carry weight

If you're on PC there's a mod for unlimited carry weight

first thing I do when playing rpg's as it is a pita humping stuff back and forth to a seller who doesn't have the coin to buy your stuff anyway or having to dump good stuff halfway down a cave as you are overburdened
    Dungeon Siege 2 got it right where you could send your donkey back to sell the stuff for you :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,621 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Kind of went against my promise from over a month ago when I said I'd dive back into the game after procrastinating for some time.

Well I'm playing it now and I was wondering; there are so many quests on my quest list that all require me to be a failry higher level than I already am. Are there many quests in White Orchard?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Kind of went against my promise from over a month ago when I said I'd dive back into the game after procrastinating for some time.

Well I'm playing it now and I was wondering; there are so many quests on my quest list that all require me to be a failry higher level than I already am. Are there many quests in White Orchard?

There are about 10 side quests in White Orchard but half of them are treasure/scavenger hunts. Don't think any of them are a particularly high level though. It says under the quest name what region it belongs to.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Seems to be same deal on XBONE

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Decided to get back into this with the release of Blood and Wine on the horizon, and was surprised to see the level requirement for Heart of Stones first quest is like level 64.

Playing on NG+ on Death March and going well, though I did find a pack of wolves in White Orchard which killed me like 4 times before I decided to avoid them.

Advertisement