Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Witcher 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Sonics2k wrote: »
    Decided to get back into this with the release of Blood and Wine on the horizon, and was surprised to see the level requirement for Heart of Stones first quest is like level 64.

Playing on NG+ on Death March and going well, though I did find a pack of wolves in White Orchard which killed me like 4 times before I decided to avoid them.

64??? I played a level or 2 down and finished the game on 37! I think if I had started on Death March I might have thrown in the towel at the 1st griffin mission :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭allibastor

I just hit level 34!!!!

On my last few missions in Act 3. I find the master crafted gear very underwhelming. I have 2 other relic swords that kill monster dead quicker than my Master ursine and feline swords.

Screens of updated skill trees with extra row and 4 new slots

from reddit
    http://imgur.com/a/a6fvj

Is death march really that good? I never found the combat all that interesting even though this was my GOTY. I am vaguely considering starting from scratch.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Screens of updated skill trees with extra row and 4 new slots

from reddit
    http://imgur.com/a/a6fvj

Really liking the new UI, a lot more organised. Even the little thing of splitting up weapons, armour and the runestones that can be used in each. I read yesterday that CDPR have upgraded the graphics for the expansion as well, not really needed imo but won't say no.
    Is death march really that good? I never found the combat all that interesting even though this was my GOTY. I am vaguely considering starting from scratch.

Some tough battles but that playthrough made me overuse Quen which made some of the fights easier than my first time around. Weird going back to it after playing dark souls though, that series just makes combat in every other game a bit more boring.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,621 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

There are about 10 side quests in White Orchard but half of them are treasure/scavenger hunts. Don't think any of them are a particularly high level though. It says under the quest name what region it belongs to.

Oh I know - it's just that I couldn't find any more yellow "!" symbols on the map I don't know if I needed to explore the whole area or not....

It would probably be a good idea to look for an interactive map online somewhere lol....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭sheep?

L'prof wrote: »
    64??? I played a level or 2 down and finished the game on 37! I think if I had started on Death March I might have thrown in the towel at the 1st griffin mission :o

On NewGame+ you continue on from the level you finished at, so the levels stack.

Also, I nearly threw the towel in on the very first fight on DM. Those ghouls you meet with Vesemir.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

L'prof wrote: »

You carry over your levels and the mobs all have increased level too.

Currently doing the Wandering in the Dark with Keira and those bloody hounds are destroying me. Can get as far as the 3rd portal and then it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Oh I know - it's just that I couldn't find any more yellow "!" symbols on the map I don't know if I needed to explore the whole area or not....

It would probably be a good idea to look for an interactive map online somewhere lol....

If you've found all the yellow !s and finished all Notice Board quests then you're probably done the region

If you've found all the yellow !s and finished all Notice Board quests then you're probably done the region

How do you know if you finish the notice board quests?

I have some which are white, other yellow, but the yellow ones have nothing of not on them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

allibastor wrote: »
    How do you know if you finish the notice board quests?

I have some which are white, other yellow, but the yellow ones have nothing of not on them.

White ones are finished, yellow should have a quest

White ones are finished, yellow should have a quest

Went back to a few, it was only the ****ty Qwent missions I had missed.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

Any advice for killing the Caretaker peeps?

His re-heal is really getting on my tits..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,446 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

the caretaker and the next fight inside were the hardest in the game I'd say
    Can't remember now how I did it though

I recall rushing the caretaker when he started his healing. I found it really tough even on "sword and story".

I remember just absolutely battering him when he was healing. Very little subtlety iirc.

Actually, would Yrden stop him healing I wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭edgecutter

bigphil2 wrote: »
    Any advice for killing the Caretaker peeps?

His re-heal is really getting on my tits..

Lure him to a corner of the map, this will help when he spawns his ghouls to heal as you can quickly hack most of them down before he gets to the. You can also use your crossbow to hit them.

Keep dodging and only go for hits when he lands his shovel in the dirt (I think I got around 3 heavy attacks in each time) and roll away quickly. Keep using quen.

edgecutter wrote: »
    ... Keep using quen.

You covered my strat for the entire game :pac:

• Advertisement

Skerries wrote: »

http://www.pcgamesn.com/the-witcher-3-wild-hunt/the-witcher-3-blood-wine-vineyard

Exactly what i was looking for. You can hang your swords on the wall and armour on mannequins. Says it will take some gold to fully restore the mansion.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

No more new content after this?

No more new content after this?

Nope not a bit but I'm glad in a way as it means they can concentrate on Cyberpunk.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Nope not a bit but I'm glad in a way as it means they can concentrate on Cyberpunk.

In fairness they did support it really well, Forgot about Cyberpunk, Its been almost 4 years since that first trailer.

Yupp DLC done right and BaW at 20-30 hours will probably be better than most full AAA games this year.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    http://www.pcgamesn.com/the-witcher-3-wild-hunt/the-witcher-3-blood-wine-vineyard

Exactly what i was looking for. You can hang your swords on the wall and armour on mannequins. Says it will take some gold to fully restore the mansion.

Hold off on that Runecrafting so! :D

PCGamesN Article

According to CD Projekt Red, Blood and Wine is a significant graphical upgrade from the base game. "Generally it is a graphics upgrade from the base game," senior environment artist Len de Gracia told Eurogamer. "We have employed methods that we did not implement in the base game. You can literally bring your camera up to a wall now and the textures would be crisp - at least in most cases."

In Blood and Wine, 80-90 percent of the environmental assets in the game are brand new and created specifically for this expansion.

"You can just look at the market stalls right now: you would never see the same market stalls in the base game," continued de Gracia. "For the longest time we were like, 'I want this, I want that,' and finally we got this chance - we got this room to incorporate other people. We have probably 20 times the amount of vegetables we used to!

"We just wanted to show that we can actually push it to the limit this time."

I love this paragraph. Not specifically because the visuals are improving (which is nice), but because of the CPR attitude. Constantly learning and refining, and putting stuff in just because they've always wanted to. Says to me that they're fully invested in the game and are happy to be. Spells great things for Cyberpunk imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

edgecutter wrote: »
    Lure him to a corner of the map, this will help when he spawns his ghouls to heal as you can quickly hack most of them down before he gets to the. You can also use your crossbow to hit them.

Thanks! i was doing the 2nd part of your advice alright,but the luring into the corner makes sense..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

sheep? wrote: »
    Hold off on that Runecrafting so! :D

I love this paragraph. Not specifically because the visuals are improving (which is nice), but because of the CPR attitude. Constantly learning and refining, and putting stuff in just because they've always wanted to. Says to me that they're fully invested in the game and are happy to be. Spells great things for Cyberpunk imo.

20 more vegetables should be one of the key selling points for the game :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,175 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Turned this on for the first time since last August in preparation of NG+ with the DLC.

I've forgotten absolutely everything about controls, inventory, shortcuts and items. This is going to be so tough on Death March.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

J. Marston wrote: »
    Turned this on for the first time since last August in preparation of NG+ with the DLC.

I've forgotten absolutely everything about controls, inventory, shortcuts and items. This is going to be so tough on Death March.

And I think when the new DLC comes out, there will be a patch too changing lots of the menu UI stuff (for the better supposedly).

Advertisement