Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Witcher 3

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 48 intune

What an insane title. I know it is lame but I still haven't even gotten through it at all. There is so much to do and discover. That is a perfect example of a title which every game studio should look up to. Can't wait for the last release. Looks great and even more content :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭allibastor

I have finished the main quest at Lvl 35.

Now paying HOS expansion and for the first time in ages I am actually being killed by bad guys.

I still am finding one thing pissing me off, Merchants.

I have load of gear and no matter where I go to flog it I am getting like 1/4 of the stated price for all my stuff.

I am trying to master craft everything and I need to buy dimetrium and gems, cant find them anywhere yet I am paying 3-5K a go for bits.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭arcticmonkeys

J. Marston wrote: »

I've forgotten absolutely everything about controls, inventory, shortcuts and items. This is going to be so tough on Death March.

Same here. Didn't know the DLC is coming out so soon and I'm still only level 16-17. I've been playing passingly just before Uncharted 4 arrived and found myself getting sucked back into the story again, looking forward to Blood and Wine I must say.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Any tips for Gwent? I started playing the inn keepers last night and actually won the first round but then lost the next two rounds. My opponent started pulling out some high value cards that I couldn't beat and by the time the third round started I had no card left and had to forfeit.
    Should I be collecting and buying as many cards as possible throughout the world?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

If you see ANY gwent cards for sale, buy em up. Key is to build the deck. Tough starting out with a week deck but keep playing inn keepers and merchants. If you talk to any quest characters and it offers you a game of gwent where the writing is in yellow, that means it is part of a quest line and highly recommend you try winning before moving on with other stuff as certain ones can disappear depending on what happens to those characters. Check guide online for where valuable gwent cards can be found or bought.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Joshua J

Level 11 heading to Novigrad now. Good game but Jesus she can be a bit of a grind at times too. Not played one game of gwent, what's the incentive?.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,181 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Joshua J wrote: »
    Level 11 heading to Novigrad now. Good game but Jesus she can be a bit of a grind at times too. Not played one game of gwent, what's the incentive?.

You play Gwent because it's brilliant...that's the incentive :)

Never noticed any sort of grind i have to say. There was always plenty of interesting quests to do, and never felt like i needed to do things i didn't want to.

Agree with Kiith. I didn't touch Gwent in the early parts of the game but once I spent some time with it, the game might as well have been called Gwent: Witcher stuff on the side.

Never found it a grind either. All the quests whether main or side were brilliant and I levelled up along with the game and what I needed at a good pace.

I felt the same way about gwent until I tried it. It's quite a relaxing distraction to play an hour of gwent against important characters to get decent cards.

I found the game was hard for the first 12 levels.

After that it got a bit easier. And more fun.

I still find it hard to believe that Human NPC can beat the tar out of me though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,446 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

weiland79 wrote: »
    Any tips for Gwent?

I find if you let the pc win the first round he might use up his good cards and you can then win the next 2 rounds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭sheep?

Skerries wrote: »
    I find if you let the pc win the first round he might use up his good cards and you can then win the next 2 rounds

Especially if you use a whole rake of spies in the first round.

allibastor wrote: »
    I found the game was hard for the first 12 levels.

After that it got a bit easier. And more fun.

I still find it hard to believe that Human NPC can beat the tar out of me though.

Maybe that's it. I'm playing it on hard diff and dying a fair bit and the loading times are quite long can feel a bit grindy in that respect.

EDIT: Actually yeah thinking about it it's the loading times that are my issue I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

What is GOG,

And is the withcer 2 on Xbox 360 worth getting?

It is like 15-20 euro in my local CEX

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

What is GOG,

Yeah it's worth getting but I wouldn't pay €15 for it especially as it was free with gold before. Shame you missed it?

It's €9.89 on 360 digitally at the moment if that's any good to you?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

What is GOG,

The dev/publisher combo of the game you're interested in. K.O.Kiki linked them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

What is GOG,

Online PC game shop, owned by CD Projekt Red

Its really a really good game, dunno if its worth €15 nowadays

What is GOG,

I completed 1 and 2 recently because I wanted to play the trilogy. Only place I could get Witcher 2 was Gamestop and it was €27, preowned, two weeks ago. Got the Witcher 3 in Argos for €25 lol. Bloody Gamestop. Witcher 1 and 2 are great games imo defo worth a play through.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Is it? That's genuine news to me

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Really must get back into this and finish the base and then I have two expansions too look forward to.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Sonics2k wrote: »
    Is it? That's genuine news to me

Slight correction; it's owned by CD Projekt, who are the parent company of CD Projekt Red.

/pedant :)

Has anyone done the Runecrafting????

Is it worth it.

I have spent 5 K of my 80K thus far and dont see any massive use. I am level 36 and kind of over powered as it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Has anyone done the Runecrafting????

Is it worth it.

I have spent 5 K of my 80K thus far and dont see any massive use. I am level 36 and kind of over powered as it is.

I've levelled up completely and it's probably not, but at the same time you don't really need massive amounts of crowns in the game anyway. I know there's a vineyard to buy in the next DLC but I'll still have enough cash to make a good start on that straight away and I'm assuming I'll have it maxed out long before I finish that chapter of the game. I just don't see the sense in not trying it out to be honest.

Happy Birthday Witcher 3, here's a new trailer for Blood and Wine to celebrate

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

It will forever be worth E15, that and more. One of the best games ever made.

The major problem with The Witcher 2 is that they came along and made Witcher 3 which blew everything else out of the water :p

It's on sale for $3.00 at the moment on gog which is almost stealing it's so cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

It's on sale for $3.00 at the moment on gog which is almost stealing it's so cheap.

That's why I don't know if its worth €15, like that's what The Witcher 3 cost me like 9 months ago.

I know prices differ but given its age and its not a Ninty first party game I'd wait for the sales

• Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Now, I'm not a big fan of Cosplay at all, but stumbled across this yesterday from the CDPR page and he's got a tonne more of them.

13260072_1032480983495350_2208138740994324617_n.jpg?oh=c1cbde262f97ff23fb8304dd67ab0f2d&oe=579C16DA

https://www.facebook.com/maulcosplay/?fref=ts

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭arcticmonkeys

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Happy Birthday Witcher 3, here's a new trailer for Blood and Wine to celebrate

Great Trailer. Was in two minds whether or not to buy it but that trailer has sealed it for me :D.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,995 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Download size for blood and wine will be between 10 and 15 GB and there will be smaller size patch for all players

Advertisement