Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Witcher 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Download size for blood and wine will be between 10 and 15 GB and there will be smaller size patch for all players

Good size compared to Far Harbour's 6GB's

Blood and Wine will be the end of the Witcher series allegedly :(

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/the-witcher-3-blood-and-wine-is-definitely-the-end/1100-6439993/

Yeah i saw a lot of posts online from pages being shocked and sad but i thought that was always the plan. Release Blood and Wine and then concentrate on Cyberpunk. Saying that, I would be all over anything CDPR decided to bring out for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭sheep?

It's refreshing that a company don't want to milk a AAA IP to be honest.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,305 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

This was always the plan, the three games were a clear arc which reached their conlusion with Ciri being found.

• Advertisement

I think if they ever did a spin-off with Ciri it'd be very successful.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Spear wrote: »
    This was always the plan, the three games were a clear arc which reached their conlusion with Ciri being found.
    Thanks for spoiling it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Thanks for spoiling it ;)

He never said if she was alive or dead...

*dramatic music*

Haven't read the link, are they closing up the universe or just finishing Geralt?

He never said if she was alive or dead...

*dramatic music*

Haven't read the link, are they closing up the universe or just finishing Geralt?

Not mentioned, just saying they have are not making anymore. I'm sure they will look at it in a few years and consider another game, but given the time they spend making their games ...... actually how big a team are they ???? .... they have a new IP and cyberpunk on the go now so it's likely it's purely work load into the future preventing them from considering a new Witcher title for the foreseeable future.

EDIT: If Cyberpunk is half as good as the Witcher .... hope they show something at E3, they have a lot of good will now so it will sell for them no doubt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

how big a team are they ????

Apparently they have 4 teams now. 2 working on big projects being Cyberpunk and an unnamed as of now RPG. And then 2 smaller teams.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,446 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

as long as they don't go to the dark side and stay on mission of delivering products people want without all the crap that other developers put out I'll be happy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Is it worth my while buying equipment from vendors or should i just continue to use the ones i find?
    The reason I ask is that I'm only really starting out. I'm level 15 and have come across an elven vendor that has a silver sword that is significantly better than what i currently have, trouble is, it costs a lot and will in fact half what coin I have.

Also cheers for the spoiler :(

I'd say hunt out the witcher gear quests that are around your level. If you don't come across a diagram while exploring or from a vendor, you can google witcher gear to start you off. I think the Witcher Viper School swords are up first but I can't remember what levels they require. I basically went through the game Griffin gear (armour and swords), I skipped the Viper swords as the quest glitched for me but fixed now. then onto the Feline gear, skipped the Ursine gear as it is for heavy armour builds and finished up the awesome Wolf gear. There's different versions of each gear of each school, superior, master, etc so was able to keep upgrading when I hit certain levels and never found a need to buy a single sword or armour.

If you're level 15, you can definitely craft Griffin Witcher gear now, so I'd get on that. The witcher gear is some of the best in the game. Check here if you want a guide on how to get them, there are no spoilers in the link, except crafting ones.

The gear costs a bit of money to make (not much) and generally ingredients you pick up along the way, or dismantle from weapons/armour. Much cheaper than buying stuff new off vendors.

Also, doing witcher contracts tends to give nice loot/weapons.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Installed & played through 1 mission last night.

Combat/movement isn't as fluid as Dragon's Dogma, but I'm feeling the game nonetheless.

And by the gods, it is ****ing beautiful!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Has anybody beaten the arch griffin??? What a horrible mission :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

L'prof wrote: »
    Has anybody beaten the arch griffin??? What a horrible mission :(

Yeah, just about. It was a tough old fight, more so since I wasn't expecting it, just stumbled across him. Lots of Quen. Lots and lots of Quen. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Yeah I defeated him when I was rediculously underlevelled. It took a long time of dodging and quen. Wish I had taken an andreanaline build back then, too. It really helps for fights that go on for a while.

Given the i-frames of the dodge and most attack rules, you can cheese just about anything if you have your dodge game down with quen as a buffer for the margin of error.

That was pretty much all the 1v1s on Death March for me. The hordes of alghouls and wraiths on the other hand...

I don't think it matters what level you're on, the Archgriffen will be about 6 levels above! I gave it another bash last night. Incredibly frustrating!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,446 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Started reading the books and how Geralt met Yennefer which ties up nicely with The Last Wish mission

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

I don't think it matters what level you're on, the Archgriffen will be about 6 levels above! I gave it another bash last night. Incredibly frustrating!!!

Is he the guy that flew up the cliff, if so he was my favourite battle :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

astonaidan wrote: »
    Is he the guy that flew up the cliff, if so he was my favourite battle :D

I don't think so. He's one some island out of the way, on top of a hill. You don't accidentally stumble across him unless you're exploring obscure places! He was level 46 to my 38 or so when I came across him.

Is he the fella where you can find withcher armour diagrams (i think) in some kind of tower that you can only get to by drawbridge, he guards the top of the tower?

Just like CDPR did before launching Witcher 3 where they invited a bunch of youtubers to their HQ for a preview event, they did it again for Blood and Wine only this time invited them to an Italian Castle. Angry Joe caught it on 360 came which has some cool footage of the trip.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Just like CDPR did before launching Witcher 3 where they invited a bunch of youtubers to their HQ for a preview event, they did it again for Blood and Wine only this time invited them to an Italian Castle. Angry Joe caught it on 360 came which has some cool footage of the trip.
    I know youtubers aren't journalists, but did they need buttering up like that?

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Is he the fella where you can find withcher armour diagrams (i think) in some kind of tower that you can only get to by drawbridge, he guards the top of the tower?

No, that lad was grand. He's on a cliff on an island in Skellige. One hit and I'm dead, every time! Hardly my armour? I think I'm wearing Ofieri stuff now

2cmm7au.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 23,175 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Being a gaming Youtuber seems like a handy gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,787 ✭✭✭Evade

No, that lad was grand. He's on a cliff on an island in Skellige. One hit and I'm dead, every time! Hardly my armour? I think I'm wearing Ofieri stuff now.
    I found the Ursine armour good for this fight. The combination of high defense and resistance to slash damage make a few hits from the griffin survivable.

• Advertisement

Starting from scratch again. :P

Advertisement