Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Witcher 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Had a quick look and already the map is so much better with the new patch. You can zoom out further than before (big help for skellige) and everything looks a lot nicer on it. The new inventory, books, potions, etc is MUCH better also, really nice patch.

Reddit is saying DLC is playable now on xbox , I'll confirm in a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Reddit is saying DLC is playable now on xbox , I'll confirm in a bit.

It is ;)

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    It is ;)

Waiting for it to patch , are the achievements live for it Misky?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,175 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Really liking the inventory changes.

Annoyingly though, I was halfway through level 50 and now after the patch I'm at 0/2000xp for that level.

• Advertisement

Waiting for it to patch , are the achievements live for it Misky?

1500g on it there, not sure if that has new achievements or not?

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    1500g on it there, not sure if that has new achievements or not?

Cheers, not live yet then,hearts of stone added 500 to the base game 1000g

No sign of it on pd4 so i quit to main ps4 menu and loaded the game again and B&W ready to go with the Witchers song (from that epic trailer last year) playing in the background. To Toussaint!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭allibastor

Just hope the patch allows me to get the wolf armor.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I want to call in sick today....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

A sin to play it in this weather :) I updated the game yesterday evening and retried the Archgriffin mission. Beat him 1st time, delighted. Think I might have glitched it though. I didn't do anything differently but he kept getting stunned and couldn't fly away.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,446 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

it is now the biggest game on my hard drive
    after the 2.5gb patch and the 7.8gb DLC the game is now coming in at a whopping 48.95gb :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,995 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Started playing this again last night, haven't played since end of June last year. Started playing gwent as I'm missing some cards for the Collect Em All trophy and man I forgot how addicting Gwent can be. Was visiting all the players in Skellige as I'm missing cards that are randomly dropped.

I have the expansion pass and have both DLC downloaded along with being level 35. Should I play Heart of Stone first or go straight to Blood and Wine ?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,575 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Skerries wrote: »
    it is now the biggest game on my hard drive
    after the 2.5gb patch and the 7.8gb DLC the game is now coming in at a whopping 48.95gb :eek:

BF4 is 79Gig installed.....

Got the patch for this last night and had 20gig free but it wouldntnt download so had to delete a few games.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭arcticmonkeys

Played it for half an hour last night just barely scratching the surface. Impressed with the size of the map plus the new patch makes the game look fantastic. Don't have the same kind of texture problems I had before. The game looked incredibly dark in certain sections beforehand. The game never looked so good with this latest patch.

Cant see myself playing for the next few days or so though but Ill be putting in plenty of time over the weekend.

The new Duchy boys are gas, anyways grinning at what they're saying. Picked up a load of quests from 1st notice board abs the map already has loads of notice boards mapped. Between the very interesting main story, ton of side quests, witcher contracts, new gwent cards/tourney and new grandmaster armour, this is gonna keep me going a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

I'm planning on starting a new playthrough from scratch.

Looks like i'll have to set aside 140 hours.

Be no sleep that week atall!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

Haven't played this since June last year, tempted to start again and enjoy it with all it's improvements and expansions but it's a big time commitment

• Registered Users Posts: 28,094 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

jonnycivic wrote: »
    BF4 is 79Gig installed.....

Got the patch for this last night and had 20gig free but it wouldntnt download so had to delete a few games.

That's a serious flaw with the PlayStation 4. Not having support for an external drive when games are only getting bigger is madness !!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭jones

emmetkenny wrote: »
    That's a serious flaw with the PlayStation 4. Not having support for an external drive when games are only getting bigger is madness !!

Just install a bigger HDD? I've 2tb in my ps4 and its working a treat

• Advertisement

jones wrote:

2TB in my XB1 with 1TB outside, still not enough!

Cheers, not live yet then,hearts of stone added 500 to the base game 1000g

They're live now, adds a further 500: http://www.trueachievements.com/The-Witcher-3-Wild-Hunt/dlc/Blood-and-Wine

• Registered Users Posts: 28,094 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

jones wrote: »

I have a 2TB plugged into my Xbox but might upgrade it to a 4TB soon. It's so handy to unplug the external and bring it around to a friend's house and plug in over there and have access to your games.

You shouldn't have to take your console apart though to fit a new drive. And if I remember correctly my brother said you cant use anything bigger than a 2TB in the PS4? Is that right?

It just seems an oversight on Sony's part but maybe they can patch in the ability to use an external.

Epic fail tonight, totally forgot the controls :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Taylor365 wrote: »
    Looks like i'll have to set aside 140 hours.!

That's just to clear Velen, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Gingervitis

I'm finding my frame rate to be tanking ever since I started B&W. I can barely keep 20 FPS on Medium. I tried turning everything down to lowest settings and setting the resolution at 720P, but it looks so bad, plus I only get an average of 45 FPS. This is the same rig that can get plus 30/40 FPS on Doom. Do I need to look at upgrading my system?

i7-2600 3.4GHz
    8GB RAM
    R9 280x 3GB
    850 Evo SSD 250GB

• Registered Users Posts: 12,446 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

that looks well able to handle it, have you upgraded all the drivers?

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Gingervitis

Skerries wrote:
    that looks well able to handle it, have you upgraded all the drivers?

I think I found the solution. I verified the game cache on Steam and found a corrupt/missing file. Downloaded it and I'm back up to around 40 FPS on medium. Still a drop when in the city, but that's to be expected.

Still, thinking about that R9 480....

Pretty much...

13315256_1217144808309394_4241413114989641670_n.jpg?oh=577b8bd878adc33b2b2e80955fbe7d85&oe=57D3A487

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Pretty much...

13315256_1217144808309394_4241413114989641670_n.jpg?oh=577b8bd878adc33b2b2e80955fbe7d85&oe=57D3A487

After just one day of it, it really felt it. The only difference was my Geralt was a total badass from the start this time.

Advertisement