Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Witcher 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Oh man :( 7 hour download? Jesus playstation get it together, its 2016 for christs sake!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭sheep?

Yeah, I've been waiting since 11am this morning. Compounded by the rural "broadband". :(

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭arcticmonkeys

I was a bit concerned I might be rushing it a bit after completing only 4 or 5 quests wanting to play a big portion over the weekend until I learned on reddit there is actually close to 100 new quest :eek: .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

I don't think PSN is the problem this time, I downloaded it in about an hour and a half.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭markfla

Just over the hour here too. Loving it. Just played for a little bit, impressed with the amount of boss fights so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Oh man :( 7 hour download? Jesus playstation get it together, its 2016 for christs sake!

Didn't know John Oliver uses PSN :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Its down to 80 minutes now. Prolly wont get to play till tomorrows.

Wow that armourer beside the tourney area where you meet the duchess just pulls spy cards out of his back side. We were down to 1 card each final round, I used mine and he's pulling spies left right and centre. Good thing some of them were high value and going in rows I had a 2x in :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Took 3-4 to download for me yesterday.

Must have been the servers taking a hammering on release day, mine flew down on sunday.

• Advertisement

Ugh. 5 mins ago:

Me: Man, this Witcher download is taking forever.

Brother: Yeah, so is mine.

Me: Yeah. Wait what?

Brother: Yeah 10 gigs. And also uploading a new video to Youtube. It's never taken this long before, don't understand it.

-_-

On the other hand, have the update downloaded and the difference is quite noticeable. The UI is lovely. The title screen is fast again, after lagging quite a bit after HoS. Little additions like the spell menu actually pausing the game (not sure if I like that yet), but even smaller: The ability to repair all equipped weapons at once rather than all in your inventory or one by one is a nice addition.

The dialogue is king in this once again. How many of us can honestly say in a dialogue heavy game they have never been tempted to make them get on with it by pressing X etc????? Not once in this have I felt even remotely like doing that . Unlike a certain Bethesda games who's DLC I played this week :rolleyes:

EDIT: This feels nothing like a DLC, were as the last one did this feels more of a natural extension of the main game.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭markfla

Loads of cool gear for roach. Have him pimped out with great gear...big horns on his blinders

markfla wrote: »
    Loads of cool gear for roach. Have him pimped out with great gear...big horns on his blinders

/Lifts Roache's tail

No he's a she :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

Wow that armourer beside the tourney area where you meet the duchess just pulls spy cards out of his back side. We were down to 1 card each final round, I used mine and he's pulling spies left right and centre. Good thing some of them were high value and going in rows I had a 2x in :D

Bad draw I guess. I've had no problem with Gwent still. Crushing everyone I come across, making a hundred gold or more from each one. Great way to get coin.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Never could get the hang of gwent

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

/Lifts Roache's tail

No he's a she :pac:

Or they didn't want to 3D model horse dick and balls.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Never could get the hang of gwent

Spies, spies, spies and decoy to rob spies :D

Or they didn't want to 3D model horse dick and balls.

Speaking of *ehh hem* did anyone meet the guy looking for help with a statue missing
    it's cock
    ? :D

• Advertisement

L'prof wrote: »
    Spies, spies, spies and decoy to rob spies :D

Ya what now? :confused: :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,995 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

have spy cards in your deck which when played will appear on your opponents side of the board and you will get 2 cards from your pile. The decoys are used when your opponent plays a spy card and it ends up on your side of the board. You then use the decoy on the spy card that is now on your side and it will appear in your hand which you can then play to get an extra two cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,446 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

if you play a spy they go over to the other players side which gives you 2 more cards from your deck to play but the other player gets the card face value added to their total so you ideally want spies with a low number such as 0 or 1

if the other players uses a spy card against you then it is advisable to play a decoy card to take that spy card from the play field and use it against him :D

spy cards have an eye on them

thaler_card.jpg

decoy card

decoy_card.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

When released last year did the spy cards only give you one card from your deck or has it always been two?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

It was always two. Gwent is all about card advantage. Load up spies in the first round, and throw it if you have to. At that point you usually have a few more cards than your opponent so its only a matter of time. Use heroes to make board presence, and try and stick to one or two lines of combat with your regular guys, while trying to shut down the third with weather. I find it best to shut down the close combat line as it is by far the most commonly used across the decks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭allibastor

I am playing with the new patch, its looks so much better

The Armour has more color to it, - actually looks good.
    the new menu is great and all that.

Just waiting to see if I can get my wolf armor now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

allibastor wrote: »
    Just waiting to see if I can get my wolf armor now :(

Was your Wolf armour quest glitched?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,995 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Currently level 36 and have the first missions for Hearts of Stone and Blood and Wine in my Quest log which are level 32 and level 34. Am i better off skipping Hearts of Stone and doing Blood and wine or just work my way through both expansions at same time ? I'm guessing you can fast travel to Velen and Toussant

• Registered Users Posts: 12,446 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

HoS is well worth doing and takes about 15-20 hours to do but you can mix and match I'd imagine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I'd recommend HoS first as BaW has higher level quests. If you do those first, you will be too overlevelled for HoS and most likely won't receive XP. I'm level 41 and my 1st 2 quests in BaW didn't give any xp.

Advertisement