Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Witcher 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Thor guy as Geralt.

No way. Mads Mikkelsen. Although he'd have to do some buffing up which I know Hemsworth is good for but he's too much of a pretty boy. Mikkelsen's not unfamiliar with some tougher roles as well as some action. His main shine is in his intensity, though. I honestly think he'd be perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

No way. Mads Mikkelsen. Although he'd have to do some buffing up which I know Hemsworth is good for but he's too much of a pretty boy. Mikkelsen's not unfamiliar with some tougher roles as well as some action. His main shine is in his intensity, though. I honestly think he'd be perfect.

You're bringing up the painful memory of Hannibal being cancelled.

Not much info on it but there is an imdb page http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5180504/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭sheep?

Oh man, the location filming is down as Skye up in Scotland. Beautiful place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

sheep? wrote: »
    Oh man, the location filming is down as Skye up in Scotland. Beautiful place.

Must be set in Skellige then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

Done. 100%. Did both endings (though I suspect there is a third). Both pretty great and interesting. There's a definite finality in them. What I find odd is unlike Hearts of Stone it is implied this all happens after the events of the main game but a few details don't match up (in classic Witcher style). Would love a companion to fill in the gaps though.

And very sad that its finally over. A year long adventure.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,995 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Tried the beehive exploit. Meditated around 12 times and after collecting all the loot and getting rid of the beehive, I Meditated again but instead of the Blacksmith respawning , a bunch of dead ones do with loot. Tried a few times and same thing happens and even if I fast travelled to different areas and return It still happens. So basically I killed Willis. Went back to save I made before trying it and will just leave it definitely broke something there in the game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭allibastor

Tried the beehive exploit. Meditated around 12 times and after collecting all the loot and getting rid of the beehive, I Meditated again but instead of the Blacksmith respawning , a bunch of dead ones do with loot. Tried a few times and same thing happens and even if I fast travelled to different areas and return It still happens. So basically I killed Willis. Went back to save I made before trying it and will just leave it definitely broke something there in the game

You need to push the beehive a good bit away from him then meditate.

I killed him twice but found it clogged up my inventory with loads of junk.

I then played HoS and did the wedding mission, I dont do gwent so i lost half my 100K stash.

After logging over 80 hours to this game since Xmas, i wasn't initially happy with it,

but holy crap is it a good game. 9.99 for the HoS expansion was well worth it.
    19.99 for Blood and Wine, I havent started it yet but even the new patch was worth it. Finally got my wolf armor!

On that actually, anyone do the
    Forge of the witchers quest, I got a free Master crafted wolven armor chest bit. I have 2 now!!!!

Great game though. I would imagine at some stage I will do a second playthrough, and I never ever do that!!!!1

allibastor wrote: »
    You need to push the beehive a good bit away from him then meditate.

I killed him twice but found it clogged up my inventory with loads of junk.

I then played HoS and did the wedding mission, I dont do gwent so i lost half my 100K stash.

Yeah pushed the beehive well away from him and it was still happening. Even after fast travelling to a different area and returning it should have reset it self but it didn't. Yeah my inventory was completely clogged with swords and saddles and weight was at 1080kg with 160 being my limit. Went from around 2000 gold to around 206000 in half an hour. Everytime i meditated around 4 dead bodies would spawn. Might try it again but this time only have him die 4 times, then increase his gold and do it another 4 times

• Advertisement

Yeah pushed the beehive well away from him and it was still happening. Even after fast travelling to a different area and returning it should have reset it self but it didn't. Yeah my inventory was completely clogged with swords and saddles and weight was at 1080kg with 160 being my limit. Went from around 2000 gold to around 206000 in half an hour. Everytime i meditated around 4 dead bodies would spawn. Might try it again but this time only have him die 4 times, then increase his gold and do it another 4 times

Yeah, make sure you buy as much as possible from him, everything you can afford.
    then just rinse and repeat.

If you meditate close to him, you should be able to chat to him before he dies. But I did find that making sure you move the beehive away was key to him living.

He is alive and well in my game, and also the richest merchant ever with 110K in gold.

After logging over 80 hours to this game since Xmas, i wasn't initially happy with it,

but holy crap is it a good game. 9.99 for the HoS expansion was well worth it.
    19.99 for Blood and Wine, I havent started it yet but even the new patch was worth it. Finally got my wolf armor!

On that actually, anyone do the
    Forge of the witchers quest, I got a free Master crafted wolven armor chest bit. I have 2 now!!!!

Great game though. I would imagine at some stage I will do a second playthrough, and I never ever do that!!!!1

I'm on my third play at the moment, maybe this time I'll eventually pick Yen....maybe.

I did that quest literally minutes after crafting my own one. :o

sheep? wrote: »
    I'm on my third play at the moment, maybe this time I'll eventually pick Yen....maybe.

I did that quest literally minutes after crafting my own one. :o

3rd play through???

Holy crap, you have some free time.

I did the same, just crafted it then went to Kaer Morhan and found the quest.
    I spent like 10K on the crafting, then sold it off for 500 quid to the Witcher collector countess.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Quick general query. Has anyone on PC had massive performance issues with Blood and Wine? I don't have the highest spec, I'm running a GTX 960, but I got through the base game and the first DLC with no frame drops on about medium settings. I'm getting a lot of frame rate drops with the new DLC, as in the game will stop for 5-10 seconds, then go again. I've done restarts, and I saw something about deleting the old config settings and going again, so I'm trying that too. I had seen people with the issue, and I just want to see if anyone here saw it, and resolved it.

3rd play through???

Holy crap, you have some free time.

I did the same, just crafted it then went to Kaer Morhan and found the quest.
    I spent like 10K on the crafting, then sold it off for 500 quid to the Witcher collector countess.

Haha! It's just that I have no time for any other game* after this. It's just so good.

*Except Undertale.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

o22u4Wy.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 23,175 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Don't leave...

arAJhud.gif

But seriously, from a technical and a PR standpoint CDPR have nailed everything with Witcher 3 and earned loads of goodwill from game fans going forward.

Can't wait for Cyberpunk 2077.

Ah, there was no need for the Doctor Who gif!

*sniff*

It's dusty in here....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

How many missions in do you get to buy the Vineyard and how much does it cost to fully upgrade?

L'prof wrote: »
    How many missions in do you get to buy the Vineyard and how much does it cost to fully upgrade?

Very early on in the main story. 14k to upgrade it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Very early on in the main story. 14k to upgrade it.

Should be grand so, just after selling off all the Skellige caches

Just got to what I suspect is the last area of the game picking to
    go after syanna
    it's all kinds of unexpected wow :eek:

Even Geralts
    Unicorn
    is called
    Roach
    :pac:

chrislad wrote: »
    Quick general query. Has anyone on PC had massive performance issues with Blood and Wine? I don't have the highest spec, I'm running a GTX 960, but I got through the base game and the first DLC with no frame drops on about medium settings. I'm getting a lot of frame rate drops with the new DLC, as in the game will stop for 5-10 seconds, then go again. I've done restarts, and I saw something about deleting the old config settings and going again, so I'm trying that too. I had seen people with the issue, and I just want to see if anyone here saw it, and resolved it.

Deleting those config files seems to have resolved the issue for me. Played about half an hour with no issues.

Did the Blacksmith money exploit again and didn't glitch again like last night. Half an hour later while in Oxenfurt I got a visit from the taxman.

Question fro those who've finished, I don't want to google this as I plan to replay a save for the other ending but curious what would have happened if I had taken the
    ribbon for Syanna, would she have lived?
    I'm assuming this would be a 3rd ending and I would not have ended up
    in jail

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Even Geralts
    Unicorn
    is called
    Roach
    :pac:

I'm pretty sure in the main game Geralt mentions
    that every horse he's had was called Roach, so maybe a nod to that.

I'm pretty sure in the main game Geralt mentions
    that every horse he's had was called Roach, so maybe a nod to that.

He does several times, that why I got such a kick out if it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Anyone else notice part of the in-game music sounds a bit like Haddaway - What is Love. You can hear someone sing. It's faint but noticeable.

Anyone else notice part of the in-game music sounds a bit like Haddaway - What is Love. You can hear someone sing. It's faint but noticeable.

Theres a few references to songs like what's up by 4 non blondes, there is a black smith working away saying "and I say hey, hey, hey what's going on"

At your vineyard some npcs will sing 'Book of Love' by The Magnetic Fields

There were a couple more I recognised but can't name the songs. That Haddaway one was one I couldn't think of, brought back memories of a school trip to Clare :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Theres a few references to songs like what's up by 4 non blondes, there is a black smith working away saying "and I say hey, hey, hey what's going on"

At your vineyard some npcs will sing 'Book of Love' by The Magnetic Fields

There were a couple more I recognised but can't name the songs. That Haddaway one was one I couldn't think of, brought back memories of a school trip to Clare :D

Equine Phantoms quest
    "But I'll be there for you-ou-ou, As the world falls down". Another Bowie one (from Roach!)

Advertisement