Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Witcher 3

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭allibastor

Cina wrote: »
    I found the GM gear (Feline) a bit underwhelming given the cost and time involved. The heavy set you get in the cemetery with Regis that regens your vitality for kills seems better. Maybe I made a mistake getting light armor, the massive increase in damage taken doesn't seem worth the stamina regen.

The level 45/46 touisant armors look pretty good.

I think CRPR made a mistake by not having some way to level your gear once crafted.

I am Lvl 42 and already finding gear much better that my GM crafted stuff.

Seems pointless. I was lvl 451 when crafting it, so only got one lvl out of 5 sets. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Cina wrote: »
    I found the GM gear (Feline) a bit underwhelming given the cost and time involved. The heavy set you get in the cemetery with Regis that regens your vitality for kills seems better. Maybe I made a mistake getting light armor, the massive increase in damage taken doesn't seem worth the stamina regen.

The level 45/46 touisant armors look pretty good.

Quen works well with all armours but with light in particular. Cast it, dodge around the fight and stamina regens fast enough to castigni, aard, etc and quen again if needed. Heavy armour, as cool as the tourney one was, was a pain waiting for stamina to regen compared to light. I liked the big difference, made going with different builds an actual different playstyle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

So one of the three final endings to Blood and Wine has now confirmed that unlike Hearts of Stone, which is open ended in how it places in the timeline, the story of Blood and Wine is set after the main game is done. What is most interesting there is the had ending from the main game,and how that went afterward. Last year seeing it, there seemed to be only one outcome, but this goes against that. Would love for them to release a comic or something chronicling what happened in between.

In case anybody is wondering which Blood and Wine ending I refer to, there is a rare ending where a third character comes to visit.

So in my ending,
    Yen turned up for both her and Geralt to retire at the Vineyard.

I just saw another ending where
    Ciri turns up for a royal tour of the provinces to see where she will rule when the kings takes over the lands.

Who is the 3rd?

Edit: never mind, saw it :pac:

Good to watch the
    Ciri one but glad I got the Yen ending.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

jones wrote: »
    Witcher 3 > Skyrim > Fallout 4

Just booted up Skyrim over the weekend. I've had it for DONKEYs, but always struggled to get into it.

With WoW in a lull before new expansion, I've essentially two months to spend on something. Summer sale starting shortly isnt it?

Might pickup Witcher 3 and give it a go.

• Advertisement

Anyone any good ideas for a good boss fight. I am finding everything is getting too easy at this stage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Fakman87

allibastor wrote: »
    Anyone any good ideas for a good boss fight. I am finding everything is getting too easy at this stage

You could try to find monster contracts that are a higher level than you. Or else you could up the difficulty level of the game.

Fakman87 wrote: »
    You could try to find monster contracts that are a higher level than you. Or else you could up the difficulty level of the game.

Did both. Level 42 now on DM and still finding no real challange!

I cant seem to find anything outside the bovine defense force!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

allibastor wrote: »
    Did both. Level 42 now on DM and still finding no real challange!

I cant seem to find anything outside the bovine defense force!

Have you defeated the Arch Griffin on Skellige? Toughest mission for me. I did defeat him as soon as 1.20 was released, maybe he's not actually that tough now

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    So in my ending,

Ciri turns up for a royal tour of the provinces to see where she will rule when the kings takes over the lands.

Who is the 3rd?

Good to watch the

Ah guess there is two endings for the second character you mentioned then. Saw a different one myself.

• Advertisement

GodlessM wrote: »
    Ah guess there is two endings for the second character you mentioned then. Saw a different one myself.

IS it just me, or are there less fast travel points in B+W?

I am finding I am doing a good deal more running around

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    So in my ending,

Who is the 3rd?

Good to watch the

I'm guessing you get the
    ciri ending if both sisters die and you get the empress ending for her?

also patch 1.22 dropped, and seems like they've patched the beehive exploit:
    "Fixes exploit whereby Aarding a beehive towards the dwarven blacksmith in White Orchard was possible."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

After spending the last two months battling bloodborne I am so happy to get back into the witcher again with the two expansions. Just played a quick 5 mins and although ive forgotten all the controls, man do i prefer this so much more than bloodborne. Never been this happy to jump back into a game!

And roach, buddy, its good to see you again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭sheep?

Speaking of poor roach, I seem to have hit a glitch where she's missing her tail. :p

Poor girl is on show to the whole world. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭saneman

sheep? wrote: »
    Speaking of poor roach, I seem to have hit a glitch where she's missing her tail. :p

Poor girl is on show to the whole world. :eek:

Latest 1.22 patch - CDPR have pinned the tail on your donkey :D

Burgo wrote: »
    I'm guessing you get the
    ciri ending if both sisters die and you get the empress ending for her?

Not quite. As far as I can tell it goes like this:
    The ending of B+W seems to have no bearing itself. I did both endings and Yen appeared both times. The ending of the main game is all that matters it seems. Not sure the formula, but is either (a) if Ciri lives then she shows in whatever role she now plays, otherwise the girl you are with shows, or (b) the ending has no bearing either and it is solely down to which girl you end up with.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

GodlessM wrote: »
    Not quite. As far as I can tell it goes like this:
    The ending of B+W seems to have no bearing itself. I did both endings and Yen appeared both times. The ending of the main game is all that matters it seems. Not sure the formula, but is either (a) if Ciri lives then she shows in whatever role she now plays, otherwise the girl you are with shows, or (b) the ending has no bearing either and it is solely down to which girl you end up with.
    Ciri lived in my ending and was to become a witcher, but I still got Yennefer at B&W ending. I think if you choose either Yen or Triss then they will appear first, if you chose neither (or went for both and got neither) then you get Ciri in whatever role she ended up in, or if Ciri dies, you get Dandelion. So: Yen/Triss, then Ciri, then Dandelion.

Just liberated my first hanse base.

That was fun!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

CDPR have said on Facebook that the Nilfgaard deck will be added to the standalone Gwent game later.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,446 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    CDPR have said on Facebook that the Nilfgaard deck will be added to the standalone Gwent game later.

over my dead body!
    we've only had 4 decks and you coming in here with your abomination of a deck!

Down with this sort of thing!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,174 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Playing through Hearts of Stone. Is the
    Scenes From a Marriage
    quest some kind of Soulsborne homage?
    The Caretaker
    reminded me very much of Gascoigne, fighting the
    Painted Wraith
    in an endless hallway like
    Gwyndolin
    and then
    going into a painted world.

Probably reading too much into it though.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Playing through Hearts of Stone. Is the
    Scenes From a Marriage
    quest some kind of Soulsborne homage?
    The Caretaker
    reminded me very much of Gascoigne, fighting the
    Painted Wraith
    in an endless hallway like
    Gwyndolin
    and then
    going into a painted world.

Probably reading too much into it though.

Very much a nod to Dark Souls / Bloodborne , they go much further in Blood and Wine and have far more blatant reference to dark souls . Not embedding this as could contain spoilers and should not be watched unless you are done with blood and wine. One of my favorite bits :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRvPmevWtaQ

Yeah that whole are in HoS felt like a nod to Bloodborne. That one above for Blood and Wine was class! I can't remember where in Blood and Wine but I came to a big circular outdoor area that was the exact same as the 1st boss room in Dark Souls 3. It had a sword you could igni as well but couldn't pick up, thought it was class.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Clear Hearts

The Gwent card trophy is beyond annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

The Gwent card trophy is beyond annoying

Have you got the "A Miraculous Guide to Gwent" book? Can be bought from a merchant in Novigrad. Shows what regions the cards you need are in. Unfortunately, doesn't give exact locations but it's a help.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

I've finally gotten into Blood and Wine and it's amazing so far. Just completed the quest with
    the talking Roach
    . Gave me a real giggle, it's great to see that almost 4th wall breaking humour in the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Clear Hearts

Have you got the "A Miraculous Guide to Gwent" book? Can be bought from a merchant in Novigrad. Shows what regions the cards you need are in. Unfortunately, doesn't give exact locations but it's a help.

Ah bought that today, hadnt a clue what it meant, I will have a deeper look at it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

Sonics2k wrote: »
    I've finally gotten into Blood and Wine and it's amazing so far. Just completed the quest with
    the talking Roach
    . Gave me a real giggle, it's great to see that almost 4th wall breaking humour in the game.

I burst out laughing during the discussion about the whistling and getting stuck on stuff.
    Ah bought that today, hadnt a clue what it meant, I will have a deeper look at it

Ah yes, you're missing one card, somewhere in Redania :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭sheep?

God I love this game. On this play-through I'm purposefully trying different decisions to see what crops up.

On the Cat and Wolf Play mission,
    I decided to let him live for a change. Went to his hideout and the letter is hilarious:

Gaetan,

It's over. Soldiers have taken the school. They killed Axel and Cedric. As for Schrodinger, well, I can't say for sure - might be alive, might be dead.. etc...

:D

Also as an aside, I haven't reacher B&W yet, but reading the thread regularly. You're a great bunch for the spoiler tags, really appreciated!

• Advertisement

sheep? wrote: »
    God I love this game. On this play-through I'm purposefully trying different decisions to see what crops up.

On the Cat and Wolf Play mission,
    I decided to let him live for a change. Went to his hideout and the letter is hilarious:

Gaetan,

It's over. Soldiers have taken the school. They killed Axel and Cedric. As for Schrodinger, well, I can't say for sure - might be alive, might be dead.. etc...

:D

Also as an aside, I haven't reacher B&W yet, but reading the thread regularly. You're a great bunch for the spoiler tags, really appreciated!

You'll thank us even more once you play it , even the minor stuff is spoiler tag worthy !!!!!!:)

Advertisement