Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Witcher 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,787 ✭✭✭Evade

Maybe I'm missing something but is there some way of dealing with sirens when your in the boat? Can I only use the horn of (Honeywell??) if I leave the helm. They're making the undiscovered grind even more grindy.
    Set the horn as your equipped item you can use it from the helm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Evade wrote: »
    Set the horn as your equipped item you can use it from the helm.

I do but it only works when I stand up.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Maybe I'm missing something but is there some way of dealing with sirens when your in the boat? Can I only use the horn of (Honeywell??) if I leave the helm. They're making the undiscovered grind even more grindy.

I usually dive into the water and take them out with the crossbow.

I do but it only works when I stand up.
    Can you use the crossbow from the helm?

Can you use the crossbow from the helm?

Have to stand up for that as well.
    L'prof wrote: »
    I usually dive into the water and take them out with the crossbow.

Doing that as well. But you be able to sit, blow your horn and be on your merry way.

• Advertisement

Have to stand up for that as well.
    What happens when you press R1 at the helm?

What happens when you press R1 at the helm?

Nothing but disappointment.

Nothing but disappointment.
    I have no ideas then. It must be some obscure glitch.

I have no ideas then. It must be some obscure glitch.

It's alright lad. I've only 72 locations in Skellige to find, sure it won't take too long.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

I think I've temporarily burnt out. In the last few weeks I did a fresh playthrough from the start, did as many side quests as possible, then did the vast majority of Hearts of Stone, and now I'm about 1/4 of the way into Blood and Wine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭StudentDad

Sonics2k wrote: »
    I think I've temporarily burnt out. In the last few weeks I did a fresh playthrough from the start, did as many side quests as possible, then did the vast majority of Hearts of Stone, and now I'm about 1/4 of the way into Blood and Wine.

Restarted the game and took my char back to the beginning. It was amusing as hell when I found out that I couldn't use the gear I had when I finished originally. It's in a box and I can use it when I hit level 60 or something :)

SD

I've just after finishing Blood and Wine main quest in exactly 3 hours! (it was for Kling of Clink trophy)

I just realized that the dialogue choices will completely change the whole story and gameplay! I highly recommend playing it a second time. I'll probably play it a 3rd cos I didn't really get a chance to take it all in second time since it was a speed run.

Ahhhh no , you didn't just race through the
    fablesphere
    did you? :eek: That was the best part.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,174 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Loving Blood & Wine.

So many great little references scattered throughout this game, like your housekeeper, Barnabas Basil Foulty :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 psyconia

Regarding New Game + is it easier on death march or is it more advisable just starting death march as a new game?
    I've only just started playing - probably 20 hours in - and am thinking about doing it on deathmarch...loving it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

I found NG+ easy on Deathmarch, bar a few bosses, its definitely doable, read up on what the best builds are tho.

Its tough at the start, but gets easier and I didn't notice much of a difference between Normal and Deathmarch bar the few bosses than can one hit you and I had to use Quen nearly all the time just in case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Pickpocket

I'm toying with the idea of starting this game. I finished Dark Souls 3 recently and I'm also about to wrap-up Bloodborne. I was gonna move onto another From Software game but I think I'll try my hand at a different type of RPG.

Any useful advice, specifically in relation to transitioning from a Souls game.

Also, how does this perform on PS4? I notice that the contemporaneous reviews spotted some technical problems. Have they been patched?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Pickpocket wrote: »
    I'm toying with the idea of starting this game. I finished Dark Souls 3 recently and I'm also about to wrap-up Bloodborne. I was gonna move onto another From Software game but I think I'll try my hand at a different type of RPG.

Also, how does this perform on PS4? I notice that the contemporaneous reviews spotted some technical problems. Have they been patched?

Seems like its been given some attention in performance for PS4 version updates.

30 is unacceptable to me, though. 60+ all the way :D

No particular advice coming from Dark Souls 3 since I don't play the latest souls games but from what I know from Demon's Souls and DaS 1-2, it's just a very different game. I think the meta of the game is build for light attack. I went for light attack + adrenaline which is capable of cheesing everything pretty well when you know how to boost on the adrenaline.

Is it worth collecting all the grandmaster gear? I have the Wolven gear but it's all less powerful than what I already have. I was going to but there's no achievement for doing it, is there? It's a real pity that you can't tell how much time you've clicked on the game. Unbelievable content!

I think the meta of the game is build for light attack. I went for light attack + adrenaline which is capable of cheesing everything pretty well when you know how to boost on the adrenaline.

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

L'prof wrote: »
    Is it worth collecting all the grandmaster gear? I have the Wolven gear but it's all less powerful than what I already have. I was going to but there's no achievement for doing it, is there? It's a real pity that you can't tell how much time you've clicked on the game. Unbelievable content!

If by clicked you mean time spent playing, you can check. If you go into the inventory menu there is a sub menu that tells you the stats of your character and time played

• Advertisement

If by clicked you mean time spent playing, you can check. If you go into the inventory menu there is a sub menu that tells you the stats of your character and time played

Yeah, spent. What? No way? How have I not seen this?

160 hours!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭sheep?

I'm afraid to look.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Pickpocket wrote: »

You'll get really frustrated at the dodge mechanics until you realise it's not supposed to be the same as BBs.

TW3 is still a fairly challenging game at the opening, don't be thinking you're a whirlwind cos you can beat a Souls game, doesn't work that way.

It's a lot more fun to play you'll find, and the world, quests and characters are varied and detailed, making them a nice change from the deep lore of Souls.

I really don't think you'll need much of a transition if you play Normal or Blood and Broken Bones tbh, just a bit of a beginnning slog until you fully realise the combat and Geralts abilities.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,094 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Guys what's the red bar below your Witcher Power bar?

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Guys what's the red bar below your Witcher Power bar?

Is that the adrenaline bar. I think the more it's filled the more damage your weapons and signs do.

You'll get really frustrated at the dodge mechanics until you realise it's not supposed to be the same as BBs.

TW3 is still a fairly challenging game at the opening, don't be thinking you're a whirlwind cos you can beat a Souls game, doesn't work that way.

It's a lot more fun to play you'll find, and the world, quests and characters are varied and detailed, making them a nice change from the deep lore of Souls.

I really don't think you'll need much of a transition if you play Normal or Blood and Broken Bones tbh, just a bit of a beginnning slog until you fully realise the combat and Geralts abilities.

I'm by no means a whirlwind at any type of game, much to my chagrin. However the Souls games are the only thing I've ever played that come even remotely close to The Witcher, so that's the context. In fact given my inexperience with RPGs I actually expect this to be more demanding, certainly in terms of items and crafting etc. That looks to be a bit part of this game.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Not sure about Blood and Broken Bones but pretty sure they're essential on Death Match, the hardest difficulty.

I'm playing on Normal and can do 90% of fights using nothing but Igni and my sword. It's a rare occurrence I need to use a potion or oil besides healing. I sometimes use them just because they're there.

If you're having trouble you can just spam Quen, it's a spell that protects you from attacks for 10 seconds, if you get hit the spell breaks but you can cast it every 3-4 seconds anyways

• Registered Users Posts: 28,094 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Is that the adrenaline bar. I think the more it's filled the more damage your weapons and signs do.

Thanks for that.

That's Blood and Wine all wrapped up. The ending I got was
    Dettlaff's dead, the sisters reunited, and Geralt living out the rest of his days at the vineyard with Yen.

I wish there was still more to come.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,174 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

The Grandmaster armour materials are bloody expensive. That combined with fixing Corvo Bianco makes Toussaint very expensive.

Advertisement