Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Witcher 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,787 ✭✭✭Evade

J. Marston wrote: »
    The Grandmaster armour materials are bloody expensive.
    The materials to craft a lot of the expensive components are pretty common.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭sheep?

I forgot how funny the night of drinking with the witchers is. ^_^

"Lambert. You're a genius." :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,995 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Anybody unable to do any quests as a result of the latest patch

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

So has anyone completed all the quests? Is there a way to check how much you completed when its over? I just got back into the game, im trying to do most quests before I progress, maybe all, if it doesnt drive me insane. My obsession with playing qwent is probably adding a lot of unnecessary hours but i can never turn down a game

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭-Toppy-

IvoryTower wrote: »
    My obsession with playing qwent is probably adding a lot of unnecessary hours but i can never turn down a game

One of the funniest moments I thought was when geralt went into the brothel in toussaint and he goes to the madam of the brothel about his special request -- for a game of gwent! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Joshua J

So finally finished the trilogy tonight and have to say bravo to CDPR. Each game was different in its own way culminating in the masterpiece that is The Witcher 3.
    Only petty gripe is Quen is overpowered final battle was a doddle

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭recyclops

i dont know if this is possible but can you change the song that plays when you start a game of gwent in blood and wine, I dont like the new song at all :(

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Doodleking

the fix for PS4 versions is finally coming this week

Great news as I couldn't do any of the quests since the new patch. (Could get quests working if I loaded a save file from before the update but this is also before I used the beehive glitch to get a bit more money)

That sounds really bad, report it!

http://en.cdprojektred.com/contact-support/

The hotfix was to fix this issue specifically

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

Met
    Thumbelina
    today, was absolutely hilarious.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,615 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Picked up the game for cheap today. Have never played any Witcher game before. On the tutorials at the moment. Any tips for the game?

faceman wrote: »
    Picked up the game for cheap today. Have never played any Witcher game before. On the tutorials at the moment. Any tips for the game?
    (Ab)Use quen.

EDIT: Yen>Triss.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

To add to the above, play Gwent and buy any gwent cards you come across in shops. Gwent is awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,174 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Evade wrote: »
    (Ab)Use quen.

EDIT: Yen>Triss.

Shani>Yen>Triss.

Speaking of Shani, if you do get into the game the DLCs are definitely worth getting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭allibastor

Speaking of Shani, if you do get into the game the DLCs are definitely worth getting.

Yes, and I am someone who never buys DLC.

I have 30 hours logged since playing the 2 new ones. I got the season pass for 25 euro so its like 80cent an hour for play.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭jones

Game of the year last year without a doubt. The awesome DLC is just the icing on the cake

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭EIREDriver

I got the game in the May Sale on PSN. Only 25 euro. I've put in so many hours and I'm just past the point where you sail to skellige.

I absolutely love the game. I went with Triss, as hadn't met Yen yet. Bit disappointed about that now but not too worried.

Definitely buy all gwent cards from every innkeep and merchant you meet. I only realised they had some for sale recently and have spent hours going back to towns going to each inn/merchant.

Gwent is awesome! So it's worth the time building up a good deck.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,446 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

other companies would sell Gwent booster packs but not good old CDPR

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭allibastor

Skerries wrote: »
    other companies would sell Gwent booster packs but not good old CDPR

SSSHhhh,, dont give them any ideas

• Registered Users Posts: 28,094 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

EIREDriver wrote: »
    I got the game in the May Sale on PSN. Only 25 euro. I've put in so many hours and I'm just past the point where you sail to skellige.

I absolutely love the game. I went with Triss, as hadn't met Yen yet. Bit disappointed about that now but not too worried.

Definitely buy all gwent cards from every innkeep and merchant you meet. I only realised they had some for sale recently and have spent hours going back to towns going to each inn/merchant.

Gwent is awesome! So it's worth the time building up a good deck.

Is there a map of where to get/who sells the cards.

I haven't played that much but the only person I couldn't beat was the guy under a tree at a castle where they give you a bath at the start.

Here is a site where you can mark off what cards you have in a list

http://www.gwentcards.com/

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Is there a map of where to get/who sells the cards.

I haven't played that much but the only person I couldn't beat was the guy under a tree at a castle where they give you a bath at the start.

In a recent patch t hey released some sort of book to aid in your collection. Not sure where to get it.

Generally though, merchants and innkeepers sell them.

And that chap at the beginning is beatable later, I think he's there to give you a glance into Gwent later down the line.

Also if you're finding it easy, you can turn up the Gwent difficulty in the main menu.

sheep? wrote: »
    In a recent patch t hey released some sort of book to aid in your collection. Not sure where to get it.
    The merchant in Novigrad that sells the potion of clearance or at the inn in White Orchard when you play the first match if you start a new game.

The merchant in Novigrad that sells the potion of clearance or at the inn in White Orchard when you play the first match if you start a new game.

Yeah but still doesn't tell you where the randomly earned cards are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭LunarSea

I did the
    Skellige Gwent deck
    tourney earlier in Blood and Wine. The
    fist fight with the Gwent purist dwarven lads
    has also epic :p

Finally started B&W tonight. Phew.

100% enjoyed playing through everything again over the last few weeks, all leading up to this. I'm definitely after putting the new expansion up on a pedalstool with all this lead up, but I've just
    upgraded my new gaff.

Loving it so far! Haven't done any side missions yet, but there are already so many!! Love the new characters, especially the duchess. Can't wait to put a cap on this amazing game.

I pity the poor PS players, we dangle this great series of games in front of them for the 3rd game and then say that's it you get no more :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

Can someone tell me do i have far left to go in the main quest
    im rounding up his buddies to fight the wild hunt in kaer morhen

Advertisement