Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Witcher 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I think it's only an issue when you accidentally sell them something you wanted to keep.

Hope to quick saved!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,787 ✭✭✭Evade

sheep? wrote: »
    Personally, I found that the further you get into the game, the issue of the merchant not having enough coin is the biggest problem! ^_^
    You can offset that using one smith and one armourer exclusively.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭allibastor

hefferboi wrote: »
    I'm only a small bit ahead of you in this. I got the Griffin gear there a few days ago. I really must learn how to play Gwent. It's the only part of it I haven't got a grasp on.

Just one question to the lads who finished it, what's the best way to get the most coin when you're selling your swords and armour? I've swords that are worth 800 but when I try sell them I'm only getting a fraction of what they're worth.

It always happens, I have swords worth 6k and only get about 2.5k for each.
    Master level Smith's pay most,but honestly money isn't massively useful. I spent 40k getting top level witcher gear, only to find way stronger sets in a random chest

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Witcher decks are quality!

13813667_1278087342209030_4506192381658272541_n.jpg?oh=ed774e212e68e5a04bc01141761c9e6d&oe=582022A2

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,398 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Jealous. Would love to have signed up for them at the time.

Are they the full set of every card you can get in the game?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Have them myself, surprised at how good quality they are!

I have all 4 decks (Nilfgaard, Temerian, Scoiatael, Monsters).

Each deck has 3 copies of the weather cards(so 12 in total) and then each deck has a copy of all the hero cards that can be used in those decks (so you end up with 4 geralts, ciri, etc) and then each deck has one copy of each different artwork for the unit cards. So you have 5ish "Poor ****ing infantry", 3/4 Neckers etc etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Andrew76 wrote: »
    The game is fantastic isn't it!

The Baron quest chain was brilliant but the outcome I ended up with annoyed me a bit so I restored back to a previous save and lost a few levels in the process. I didn't like
    the fact that I auto-failed part of a Gwent quest because I couldn't win a unqiue card from the Baron (dude hanged himself). I did get a card from his desk, not sure it's the same one I might have one anyway. On reading up it seems whichever choice I make he leaves the keep so I've just gone off doing other quests until I'm ready to go back to it. Will play him at Gwent first. Saving a few kids in exchange for killing an entire village plus the Baron and his missus didn't seem like a fair trade off. :D

Decided to go do some contract quests and the Griffon School Gear treasure hunt quest instead. Was up til 3am until I finally got all the armour and both swords. Took ages selling all the items I'd hoarded in my stash since starting the game, have 4k gold now and back up to level 11. Delighted. :D

I wasnt expecting the big chain of events / mini wrapup that happened at the end of the bloody baron quest, my jaw was on the floor at the end of it, so much so that I'm finding myself second guessing the choices I make now when it comes to letting people live or die / stay or leave. I've played through a fair few quests in Novigrad and I think I'm closing in on the end of that chapter as such, so I eagerly await the summary of whatever choices I made!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭recyclops

Wing126 wrote: »
    Have them myself, surprised at how good quality they are!

I have all 4 decks (Nilfgaard, Temerian, Scoiatael, Monsters).

Each deck has 3 copies of the weather cards(so 12 in total) and then each deck has a copy of all the hero cards that can be used in those decks (so you end up with 4 geralts, ciri, etc) and then each deck has one copy of each different artwork for the unit cards. So you have 5ish "Poor ****ing infantry", 3/4 Neckers etc etc.

im fuming i missed out on the decks, found them online all 4 for 45 quid but they are polish edition would i miss out on much if i picked them up.

i know the rules fairly well and what each commander does from the games

I'm sure what you know each card does in the game it would be fine. I still have to go through all the cards to see if there are any differences though, I'm sure there will be a lot more going up online in the next couple of weeks with everyone getting their packs delivered so you might be able to find English lang ones. I see some are going for 100 euro which is just mad as I paid 17 euro incl delivery for 2 decks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

why are they limited, i assume they'll be released properly at some stage?

• Advertisement

IvoryTower wrote: »
    why are they limited, i assume they'll be released properly at some stage?

I imagine they will be if the standalone Gwent game on Consols and PC takes off but for the moment, no more are being made.

There's no difference with how the cards play. So if you know how to use them in the game it's the same in the cards.

They're limited because they were released as a collector's item for people who bought the dlc.

Originally they were only available of you bought the Dlc as a physical package. Then CDPR realised they were alienating a lot of people so they allowed people who bought the dlc on digital release to buy the cards separately.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭recyclops

Wing126 wrote: »
    There's no difference with how the cards play. So if you know how to use them in the game it's the same in the cards.

They're limited because they were released as a collector's item for people who bought the dlc.

Originally they were only available of you bought the Dlc as a physical package. Then CDPR realised they were alienating a lot of people so they allowed people who bought the dlc on digital release to buy the cards separately.

yeah i know the game inside out and what each one does so the language isnt and issue and the enlgish ones are nearly 100 for 4 decks so the 4 for 40 is quite the saving

Yeah then the only thing you may have an issue with is the Bovine Defence Force, if you haven't used the Cow card in the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,446 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Skerries wrote: »
    Dark Souls difficulty

fP8zXBr.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭LunarSea

Seeing as the combat in Dark Souls is miles ahead of The Witcher III (and I say that as a huge fan of both games), not particularly...

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭saneman

I believe the aim was to get the game closer to the lore (Geralt now has nightvision as an ability rather that needing a potion) while including some mechanics from Witcher 2 and as it happens the mod creator has stated they're not a fan of DS or the comparison. The mod is impressive and has a huge number of changes (all customisable in the main menu) and while many are combat focused they also cover areas such as alchemy, skills & meditation.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Thanks saneman I might actually check the mod out now. I really don't like PCG. What a crap title.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Don't know if anyone else has but I got an email with a 20% discount on the expansion for the PS4. Only a fiver but still worth mentioning

• Registered Users Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Combat is frustrating me to hell.

Can't believe I'm saying this, but... I'm dropping to Easy mode.
    I have gotten hammered on two quests recently, fighting a load of dwarves when negotiating with the King of the Beggars, and the Pirates on my way to Skellige...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,995 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Gwent decks were finally shipped :D

Dickerty wrote: »
    I have gotten hammered on two quests recently, fighting a load of dwarves when negotiating with the King of the Beggars, and the Pirates on my way to Skellige...

I'm still in novigrad and working my way through the various side quests, just hit level 17 and the difficulty doesnt seem to be an issue any more, outside of not being able to heal by meditating.

outside of not being able to heal by meditating.
    The best way around that is to use your White Raffard's decoctions then meditate to replenish them and repeat until you're at full health.

Evade wrote: »
    The best way around that is to use your White Raffard's decoctions then meditate to replenish them and repeat until you're at full health.

Where does one come by those decoctions? I've been getting by on water and chicken legs? :)

Where does one come by those decoctions? I've been getting by on water and chicken legs? :)
    You create them with alchemy. The location of the recipe seems to be random but the alchemist shop north east of Novigrad (almost directly north of the Oxenfurt Gate fast travel post) seems to be a frequent location.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭styer

Struggling with the final boss in blood and wine. Anyone any tips on how to beat him.. I might have to revert to a previous save and try and develop Geralt more...

are you
    destroying the blobules on the side wall first before attacking?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭styer

are you
    destroying the blobules on the side wall first before attacking?

No, I dont think I am...
    basically I 1/3 defeat him and he turns into the flying monster.. Then after a few tries the bats usually kill me, I attack him when he dives down to the ground but I cant replenish my health bar enough between bat attack and diving attacks to surives

Advertisement