Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Witcher 3

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,614 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

sheep? wrote: »
    Where abouts was this? I assume it was a Leshen? I have to admit it sounds a little alien to me! First time I encountered a Leshen was on Skellige.

Is it possible you wandered a little off the path? Worked well for you though!

Happened in Leven. Perhaps it was a Leshen. A creature that had tree arms and could shoot tree trunks through the ground.

It was in an area that was part of the mission which is why I thought it was odd.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,614 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Did a quick google for the cave name. It's the Dragonslayer's Grotto

• Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭jones

I'd love to restart the game from the very beginning. i just need a spare fortnight to dedicate to it though - i'm sure work will understand

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

That's a Leshen yeah.

There are definitely Leshens in Velen, but they're uncommon, more prominent on Skellige for sure

That's a Leshen yeah.

There are definitely Leshens in Velen, but they're uncommon, more prominent on Skellige for sure

Must have just been a freak spawning so. It even had the red skull behind the level 20 mark.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,640 ✭✭✭Glebee

jones wrote: »
    I'd love to restart the game from the very beginning. i just need a spare fortnight to dedicate to it though - i'm sure work will understand

Ive lost all my save games again, up until the end of Hearts of Stone. Between mind if I replay the entire or dip straight into Blood and Wine... Dont have the time to commit to a full replay.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 anniegrass?

I can't get into this game Im a fan of dragon age so i should like it, there seems to be a lot of fans here does it pick up after killing the griffin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭sheep?

I absolutely love Dragon Age, but this is a far superior game in my opinion. Stick with it, you've only just done the tutorial.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,787 ✭✭✭Evade

I can't get into this game Im a fan of dragon age so i should like it, there seems to be a lot of fans here does it pick up after killing the griffin?
    Until you kill the griffin you're still in the prologue / tutorial area.

Cheers lads il give it another bash, felt a bit drawn out alright looks amazing though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭sheep?

'Tis a long one alright. Both the tutorial, and the actual game itself. I do personally remember playing it in intermittent segments for a week or two up until killing the griffin, and I think it's a regular enough feeling.

Once you get stuck into the main quest proper I think you'll be grand. Enjoy! (And play Gwent. :P )

sheep? wrote: »
    'Tis a long one alright. Both the tutorial, and the actual game itself. I do personally remember playing it in intermittent segments for a week or two up until killing the griffin, and I think it's a regular enough feeling.

Once you get stuck into the main quest proper I think you'll be grand. Enjoy! (And play Gwent. :P )
    Gwent eh? I'm sure that will make sense il get back to it before the new gears of war is out.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,106 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Just started Blood and Wine with my new graphics card, I am blown away by how nice the game looks. I hadn't played for about 8 months (since I finished the other expansion) so I can barely remember how to play so been dying a lot, but my god it's just so good. Going to be genuinely sad when I finally finish it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,988 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

CDKeys have the Game of the Year Edition for €28.79 (releases tomorrow)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

How come you can't pre-order goty on psn store?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

I am about to gather a few companions to help in the Battle of Kaer Morhen. I am wondering if I go through with that mission do I still have an opportunity to do the Witcher contracts and side missions?
    Sorry if its spoilers but its been a year now. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,787 ✭✭✭Evade

ERG89 wrote: »
    I am about to gather a few companions to help in the Battle of Kaer Morhen. I am wondering if I go through with that mission do I still have an opportunity to do the Witcher contracts and side missions?
    Sorry if its spoilers but its been a year now. :o
    You'll get a warning when you're about to trigger the point of no return but you're not close to it yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭recyclops

Has anyone received their Gwent decks yet?

I'd love to see this running on a top of the range PC gaming rig. I'd say it looks fantastic

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

recyclops wrote: »
    Has anyone received their Gwent decks yet?

Were you looking for a copy of the rules? I can post a screenshot later on for you if that's any good?

• Advertisement

I got a deck myself it came with a leaflet was hoping someone can scan English one if they had it. There is something I've not seen in game before so bit confused.

Could just be a score counter

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

recyclops wrote: »
    I got a deck myself it came with a leaflet was hoping someone can scan English one if they had it. There is something I've not seen in game before so bit confused.

Could just be a score counter

Sorry, just took the pictures there and then I found this link. You can download/print it from their site: http://wpc.4d7d.edgecastcdn.net/004D7D/media/THE%20WITCHER%203/Pdf/GwentManuals/en-Manual-Gwent-ONLINE.pdf

L'prof wrote: »
    Sorry, just took the pictures there and then I found this link. You can download/print it from their site: http://wpc.4d7d.edgecastcdn.net/004D7D/media/THE%20WITCHER%203/Pdf/GwentManuals/en-Manual-Gwent-ONLINE.pdf

Thanks so much for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,988 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    CDKeys have the Game of the Year Edition for €28.79 (releases tomorrow)

Now €24.50

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Bought the GOTY edition yesterday for just under €27. I put in mad hours into this on the PS4 so really looking forward to seeing what the experience is like on PC.

Maybe, just maybe I'll give Gwent a proper go this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

lads just a quick question, I'm trying to get an idea of how far into the game I am

I have
    rescued dandelion
    and I've also been south and met
    vernon roche & radovid and done the quest for dykstra regarding an assination plot
    . I'm still in Novigrad tying up loose ends, the last quest I completed was the
    Cabaret for dandelion which led into the outstanding Carnal Sins which culminated in me killing the elder vampire and pricilla being on the road to recovery

I'm figuring its time to advance the main plotline and head for skellige before I get too overleveled.

so , roughly how much of the main story have I covered so far?

lads just a quick question, I'm trying to get an idea of how far into the game I am

I have
    rescued dandelion
    and I've also been south and met
    vernon roche & radovid and done the quest for dykstra regarding an assination plot
    . I'm still in Novigrad tying up loose ends, the last quest I completed was the
    Cabaret for dandelion which led into the outstanding Carnal Sins which culminated in me killing the elder vampire and pricilla being on the road to recovery

I'm figuring its time to advance the main plotline and head for skellige before I get too overleveled.

so , roughly how much of the main story have I covered so far?

I'm struggling to calculate how much of the story you're into as i spent so much time just wandering around and doing monster contracts/ witcher gear etc. There's a good bit to do on Skellige but i'd say you're roughly half way through the story. I'm open to correction though maybe that's just how i played it

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Shougeki

jones wrote: »
    I'm struggling to calculate how much of the story you're into as i spent so much time just wandering around and doing monster contracts/ witcher gear etc. There's a good bit to do on Skellige but i'd say you're roughly half way through the story. I'm open to correction though maybe that's just how i played it

Nah, I'd guess about half way also. And then you have all the points to explore, and contracts. AND then the expansions.

Ah jaysus. Haven't played this since last September or so. Stopped a little after reaching
    Kaer Morhan
    , and haven't done the expansions either. And now that I have a 1440p Gsync monitor, I would love to restart. Then I checked my time played and it is 146 hours. Lol. Can't do that all over again!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Cheers lads, I figured if I was about halfway I'd be happy enough. I'm dipping in and out of it between my usual multiplayer games and was just curious as to what sort of progress I'm making.

I've done quite a few of the contracts, in general if I come across one and its in my level range I'll do them immediately.

• Advertisement

Shougeki wrote: »
    Nah, I'd guess about half way also. And then you have all the points to explore, and contracts. AND then the expansions.

Ah jaysus. Haven't played this since last September or so. Stopped a little after reaching
    Kaer Morhan
    , and haven't done the expansions either. And now that I have a 1440p Gsync monitor, I would love to restart. Then I checked my time played and it is 146 hours. Lol. Can't do that all over again!

I would be the exact same. Its one of a few games i'd definitely rebuy on pc if i built a savage gaming rig. Originally played on PS4 and it was a looker on that so i can only imagine what a serious gaming rig would do to it.

Advertisement