Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Witcher 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

jones wrote: »
    I would be the exact same. Its one of a few games i'd definitely rebuy on pc if i built a savage gaming rig. Originally played on PS4 and it was a looker on that so i can only imagine what a serious gaming rig would do to it.

It's all about the resolution, at 1080p max it's unreal looking, I can only imagine 2k or 4k

*edit* 2k = 1080p? I thought it referred to 1440p

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Shougeki

It's all about the resolution, at 1080p max it's unreal looking, I can only imagine 2k or 4k

I had it at 1080p maxed on a 970. Gonna go home and just load it see how it looks this evening @ 2K :P

EDIT: And I'll probably end up playing it all night, getting feck all sleep and going to work later tomorrow.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,614 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

I'm still on Velen. Discovered a bug on PS4 with the mission with the 3 witches in the wood. When you meet them their dialogue disappeared resulting in most NPC dialogue disappearing during cut scenes after that. (I played the mission where you have the option of rescuing the demon stuck in the tree afterward and was wondering why Geralt was just staring at him during the cut scene)

Bit of research and the fix was to fully restart your PS4. All is normal again. Loving the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

faceman wrote: »
    I'm still on Velen. Discovered a bug on PS4 with the mission with the 3 witches in the wood. When you meet them their dialogue disappeared resulting in most NPC dialogue disappearing during cut scenes after that. (I played the mission where you have the option of rescuing the demon stuck in the tree afterward and was wondering why Geralt was just staring at him during the cut scene)

Bit of research and the fix was to fully restart your PS4. All is normal again. Loving the game.

That actually happened me too, think it was on another mission though

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,398 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Yeah the missing speech during the tree mission happened to me also. Restored back to an earlier save and turned back on subtitles - just in case it happens again.

• Advertisement

Ah jaysus. Just started this up. Seems they changed all the menu's and inventory and so forth. Looks beautiful on 2K on 27" screen.

Could use advise here.

It has been a year I guess since I played this? Just checked. Last played Nov 6th. I have completely forgotten how to play. Like totally. Cant even remember how to swing a sword. I remember a good bit of the story, but have forgotten loads too.

My save is at
    Kaer Moran, find Yennifer etc
    and I am level 28. Haven't played squat of B&W or HoS.

I am not one to replay a game TBH. Never really go into new game plus or anything. But I am thinking am I better off just restarting? I loved it first time around...
    I am really caught between two minds...

EDIT: I think I may have just made either one of the worst, or best decisions of my life in deleting my save game folder......

EDIT2: Game wouldnt start. Checked save games folder, all being restored. Dammit CD Projekt Red. Why do you have to be so cool like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,446 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

I would push forward as there is still about 60-80 hours left of gameplay including dlc depending on how you play

So with 150 hours already spent with another lets say 60 hours. Thats 200 hours, at 4 hours a day 4 days a week. Only 3 months until I finish it.

:P

I have committed. Just started a new game. Still have my saves if i get annoyed lol. BTW what level are the DLC?

EDIT: 3AM. Work @ 8. Still in White Orchard.

I regret NOTHING

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,398 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

That last game update seems to have screwed up loading times in game for me (on PS4). Conversations take way longer than they did before with the picture going out of focus while it's loading the next segment. Had to force close the game there as it was stuck loading. Game is unplayable like that. :(

Just found this link https://www.trueachievements.com/forum/viewthread.aspx?tid=805013, from a few months back but the same issue. Looks like I need to delete and re-install.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Hmm, not feeling the poses on any of those.

Ciri comes closest but I think I'll pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Is going to Skellige to lure Eredin out to fight the end of the game?
    Just going breaking a mage out of prison with Yen & need to do 4/5 contracts first.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,787 ✭✭✭Evade

ERG89 wrote: »
    Is going to Skellige to lure Eredin out to fight the end of the game?
    Just going breaking a mage out of prison with Yen & need to do 4/5 contracts first.
    I think so. What's the quest title? You can do the witcher contracts in the post game.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

A different angle of Geralt
    gNN8IKs.jpg?1

All of them and to get an idea of size. It's a shame that Wolf medallion doesn't have the ruby red eyes.
    YAB8XWs.png?1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Only the 50 crossbow headshots trophy left to platinum this bad boy. What a pain in the fecking hole this trophy is!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 EllieK2

Literally the only game I've ever played solely for the cutscenes. Incredible storyline and cutscenes, but I think I'm in the .001% of people who don't feel "right" playing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭sheep?

Only the 50 crossbow headshots trophy left to platinum this bad boy. What a pain in the fecking hole this trophy is!

The devil's pit in Velen. Fast travel, kill em all, travel somewhere else, rest a bit, repeat. You'll be done pretty quickly, there's about 10 bandits there every time.

sheep? wrote: »
    The devil's pit in Velen. Fast travel, kill em all, travel somewhere else, rest a bit, repeat. You'll be done pretty quickly, there's about 10 bandits there every time.

Ya been using that spot but unfortunately you're not guaranteed a kill towards the trophy every time. I read the camera has to shake to register the kill and that only happened once on my last trip there. Like I said, pain in the hole!

Ya been using that spot but unfortunately you're not guaranteed a kill towards the trophy every time. I read the camera has to shake to register the kill and that only happened once on my last trip there. Like I said, pain in the hole!
    Have you respecced to use all the crossbow perks? I made a save then respecced and once the trophy popped loaded up my old save.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Charizard

Fair play I gave up on the it because of the cards. Sucked balls that one :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Charizard

Its handy enough if you do what the previous poster suggested

Hooray finally got the platinum! Only my second ever.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,614 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Was playing the game today and stumbled across the mini side quest "The things men do for coin"

Picked up a letter in game from Gruggen and part of the letter said the following:

"So here's the craik. While crossing Velen...."

Got me wondering if this particular lingo was inspired by us paddies. I guess we will never know.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,351 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

faceman wrote: »
    Was playing the game today and stumbled across the mini side quest "The things men do for coin"

Picked up a letter in game from Gruggen and part of the letter said the following:

"So here's the craik. While crossing Velen...."

Got me wondering if this particular lingo was inspired by us paddies. I guess we will never know.

The entire game is shot through with Irish and Irish mythology, so I'd actually be surprised if this wasn't Irish inspired.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭sheep?

Yeah, so much of Sapkowski is influenced by Celtic and Irish stuff, as well as all that rich Eastern European mythos.

I particularly love the greeting in Elfish, "Céad Mile" or the end of times, "Tedd Deireadh." Of course, the Skellige accent as well.

Never noticed that craik letter before, love it! It just reinforces the level of research they put into this game.

Apparently Kaer is fortress, and Gwynbleidd means white wolf in Welsh.

Man.....the music when just exploring Skellige.

Oh oh......now I want to play again.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Finished the game and all witcher contracts. Really enjoyed it. I was wondering about the expansions. I'm level 36 just do I risk going into being over levelled for Blood and Wine if I do Heart of Stone first.

sheep? wrote: »
    Yeah, so much of Sapkowski is influenced by Celtic and Irish stuff, as well as all that rich Eastern European mythos.

I particularly love the greeting in Elfish, "Céad Mile" or the end of times, "Tedd Deireadh." Of course, the Skellige accent as well.

Never noticed that craik letter before, love it! It just reinforces the level of research they put into this game.

Apparently Kaer is fortress, and Gwynbleidd means white wolf in Welsh.
    Is the Irishness in the Polish version too? I always assumed it was a kind of localisation.

Evade wrote: »
    Is the Irishness in the Polish version too? I always assumed it was a kind of localisation.

Irish myths, legends and the language itself is fairly popular in fantasy books and stories. The wheel of time series of books are riddled with Irish things.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Finally landed in skellige, the game is still surprising me with how varied its vistas and graphics in general. walkign up the hills and looking down on the viking-like village with the bonfires burning etc, its awesome.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,446 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

wait till you get to toussaint

Advertisement