Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Witcher 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Shougeki

Restarted a little while back. Damn I forgot how fecking huge this game is :(

Still I regret nothing!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I failed the collect-em-all Gwent during the party with Triss.

My deck just could not beat the 3rd guy with the Monsters deck.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

All the talk of the game in this thread is making me want to replay it, and i just finished it about a month and a half ago! But the music lads, the music! Just turned on the Blood and Wine soundtrack and the nostalgia feels are hard hitting, giving me goosebumps. Possibly the best game i ever played

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

If you like the game, you should give the books a go. I'm on my 3rd out of 5 aleady in the space of a few weeks. For me, that's fast!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    If you like the game, you should give the books a go. I'm on my 3rd out of 5 aleady in the space of a few weeks. For me, that's fast!

Ordering them online as we speak. But you say 5 books yet i count 7. How does The Last Wish and Sword of Destiny fit chronologically? Are they prequels to Blood of Elves? Seems they where released recently compared to the other 5 which released in the 90s

• Advertisement

Ordering them online as we speak. But you say 5 books yet i count 7. How does The Last Wish and Sword of Destiny fit chronologically? Are they prequels to Blood of Elves? Seems they where released recently compared to the other 5 which released in the 90s

Yeah you're right sorry. Typo is all :P

The Last Wish & Sword of Destiny are just a series of short stories but they do a lot of world building and is highly recommended reading them before you start the 5 novels.

I found this post on reddit helpful: https://www.reddit.com/r/witcher/comments/3qm8p9/so_you_want_to_read_the_witcher_books_guide/

stankratz wrote: »
    I have this installing at the moment after only recently getting an Xbone. I played Arkham Knight to ease me into things, now I'm ready to tackle something a bit meatier. I am here looking for a few 'before playing' tips.

I am new to The Witcher series, but read up on some of the lore last night and some points from the previous games. I'm a part-time gamer, but when I like a game I do put many hours into it. Previous games in this bracket include Skyrim, Far Cry 3, Fallout:NV, GTA 5, the Arkham series. The Witcher 3 is coming across quite Skyrimmy to me, which wouldn't be a bad thing, is this the actual case?

Ah here...Skyrim me bollix!

Almost one month after posting this, yep, this is the best game I've ever played. I don't know if I'll ever play Skyrim again though :(

I've been tipping away and I'm now on level 16. I'm still in Velen/Novigrad because there's so much to do. I will head on to Skellige soon though as I don't want to be OP once I get there.

I would probably have the game long finished, and my house painted, the garden touched up, Mount Everest visited and conquered, all that done only for GWENT!!

Serious value for money from this game. I've about 50 hours put in and still feel like I'm only scratching the surface of what it has to offer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Charizard

stankratz wrote: »
    Ah here...Skyrim me bollix!

Almost one month after posting this, yep, this is the best game I've ever played. I don't know if I'll ever play Skyrim again though :(

I've been tipping away and I'm now on level 16. I'm still in Velen/Novigrad because there's so much to do. I will head on to Skellige soon though as I don't want to be OP once I get there.

I would probably have the game long finished, and my house painted, the garden touched up, Mount Everest visited and conquered, all that done only for GWENT!!

Serious value for money from this game. I've about 50 hours put in and still feel like I'm only scratching the surface of what it has to offer.
    50 hours, phh lame. add a couple of weeks on top of that total :cool:................I dont know how my wife didnt leave me :o

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭_Puma_

Replaying this with the NG+dlc after reading the first 3 books. Having a good idea of the background lore is bringing so much more to the table.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

_Puma_ wrote: »
    Replaying this with the NG+dlc after reading the first 3 books. Having a good idea of the background lore is bringing so much more to the table.

yeah, cant recommend that highly enough, I read all the books after playing witcher 2, was amazed at the amount of characters, places etc. that are referenced. Helps immensely and really adds to the immersion by knowing more about people like dudu etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,640 ✭✭✭Glebee

This game has bloody ruined gaming for me. Every other game I start now I get so far and then I just say, "its just not the witcher" and never go back:(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,446 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

yeah it's hard to start other rpg games now

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

Skerries wrote: »
    yeah it's hard to start other rpg games now

I bought Dragon Age Inquisition in a psn sale recently and played it for about an hour but its ****e compared to Witcher 3,imho.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,640 ✭✭✭Glebee

bigphil2 wrote: »
    I bought Dragon Age Inquisition in a psn sale recently and played it for about an hour but its ****e compared to Witcher 3,imho.

Same as, got it for about 5euro. it got great reviews. Very poor, played for a few hours, left it there.

roll on Cyberpunk!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭jones

I wonder will the PS4 pro make a difference to the witcher 3..might be nice to see a full fat version of it with better visuals at 1080p. Absolutely love the game I've put about 100 hours into it so far

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Shougeki

jones wrote: »
    Absolutely love the game I've put about 100 hours into it so far

I take it you are still in White Orchard? :P

jones wrote: »
    I wonder will the PS4 pro make a difference to the witcher 3..might be nice to see a full fat version of it with better visuals at 1080p. Absolutely love the game I've put about 100 hours into it so far

Nothing from CDPR yet but i imagine they will have a patch for it,would be nice to see it even at 1080p 60fps but im not sure thatll be possible,so i'd settle for 4k upscaling @ 30fps..

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭arcticmonkeys

Glebee wrote: »
    Same as, got it for about 5euro. it got great reviews. Very poor, played for a few hours, left it there.

I couldn't stand DA Inquisitions at all when I first bought it. Eventually though I started to get into it more and more and the game became more immersive and I found it more enjoyable but yea its a serious downgrade from the first Dragon's Age which is a classic now only the graphics letting it down.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Al_Coholic

Bought the game during the week
    Just doing side quests and exploring the first area

Any tips for me for further down the line?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,094 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Al_Coholic wrote: »
    Bought the game during the week
    Just doing side quests and exploring the first area

Any tips for me for further down the line?

Stay away from Gwent. You'll turn into an addict and just turn the game on to play the game in a game :D

emmetkenny wrote:
    Stay away from Gwent. You'll turn into an addict and just turn the game on to play the game in a game

Yeah I've played a few games of that..need to get the hang of it but I'll probably become addicted to it

• Registered Users Posts: 12,446 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

watch out for the cat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭sheep?

And be careful if you get a taste for killing cows.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,614 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Post Novigrad is a pain on the PS4 with all the dialogue bugs and loading errors. Have ended up skipping so many dialogue scenes out of frustration. :mad:

Ahhhhh Mayo are jinxed

Ffs wrong thread

Al_Coholic wrote:
    Ahhhhh Mayo are jinxed

Wrong thread lol

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭saneman

Al_Coholic wrote: »
    Ahhhhh Mayo are jinxed

Ffs wrong thread
    MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Wrong thread lol

Unless we can hire Geralt to remove "The Curse"... :D

saneman wrote: »
    Unless we can hire Geralt to remove "The Curse"... :D

:D Best post in this thread lmao.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,106 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Finished Blood and Wine at the weekend there so I'm done with TW3 now. Incredible game, possibly my favorite ever.

Advertisement