Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Witcher 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

The more I play it, the more I dislike certain aspects of TW3.

Like, take the map design.
    It gives me this BIG, IMPRESSIVE MAP - and then fills it with illogically placed question marks for me to find get to.
    And because the world map is so annoying to get around, I end up using quest markers.

So for all the lush beauty of the engine, 90% of my time is spent on my horse, holding A, looking at the mini-map in the top-right screen.

Really made me realise I'm not even paying attention to the game/world most of the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,094 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

K.O.Kiki wrote: »

It gives me this BIG, IMPRESSIVE MAP - and then fills it with illogically placed question marks for me to find get to.
    And because the world map is so annoying to get around, I end up using quest markers.

So for all the lush beauty of the engine, 90% of my time is spent on my horse, holding A, looking at the mini-map in the top-right screen.

Really made me realise I'm not even paying attention to the game/world most of the time.

Pick your spot, face your horse that way and ride. Enjoy the scenery as you gallop. There's no need to keep checking the map really.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Shougeki

Only mod I have installed increases the mini map to 135% [i think], and when on horseback to 170%.
    Or some such numbers. I havent looked for a single other mod TBH.

There's a mod that changes the way points to on screen left/right directions, so you aren't constantly looking at the minimap. Its far more immersive.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭jones

Read something yesterday about the Witcher 3 not getting a PS4 pro patch to increase performance etc. Its a pity as I'd love to see a little more eye candy but if it means their new game comes out quicker I'm all for it ha

• Advertisement

There's a mod that changes the way points to on screen left/right directions, so you aren't constantly looking at the minimap. Its far more immersive.

Is there any other mods people would suggest for the game?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Shougeki wrote: »

Unlimited Carry Weight

Auto loot. Saves running around tapping A non-stop.

http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/315/?

Auto loot. Saves running around tapping A non-stop.

http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/315/?

Oh nice.

The unlimited weight is redundant to me. First thing i remembered from my restart was "Get yo ass to Crow's Perch, get the +70 weight saddlebags, homes"

Is there an addon to remove upgrades without destroying? I ahem accidentally put the wrong stones into a sword while drunk the other day....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Oh nice.

The unlimited weight is redundant to me. First thing i remembered from my restart was "Get yo ass to Crow's Perch, get the +70 weight saddlebags, homes"

Is there an addon to remove upgrades without destroying? I ahem accidentally put the wrong stones into a sword while drunk the other day....

cant blacksmiths remove upgrades?

• Advertisement

Lol a quick look at the front page and I can see useful ones:
    Better Roach Control
    Double Tap for Lightsource [That sh*t annoys me no end]
    Crows Perch & Hattori Fast Travel or the other one with 9 points....

cant blacksmiths remove upgrades?

They can, but they destroy them..... You either break the gear and get the upgrade, or destroy the upgrade and save the gear. And it has to be ALL of them....

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,176 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

If i go back to this, i'll almost certainly get the unlimited carry weight mod. I did a full playthrough managing my bags, and don't fancy doing that again. Auto loot would also be very nice.

Kiith wrote: »
    If i go back to this, i'll almost certainly get the unlimited carry weight mod. I did a full playthrough managing my bags, and don't fancy doing that again. Auto loot would also be very nice.

Encumbrance needs to be dropped from RPGs. Its stupid, You have a stash box that can bend time and space, where you drop in an item in novigrad and take it out in Skellige, but I can't carry more than 4 pairs of pants without slowing to a crawl.

These mods are awesome. I added some pretty sweet one:

9 New Quick Travel locations Pack
    Show all Quests on Map [Shows all your unfinieshed objectives]
    Color all Quest markers
    Better Roach control [Doesnt stop in trees, top of hills]
    Instant Tooltips
    Better Icons
    Auto Apply Oils [Probably remove this]

And thats all I can remember while at work....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,446 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Show all Quests on Map [Shows all your unfinieshed objectives]

does that just list the ones you still have to do or does it show ones you haven't discovered yet as well?

Skerries wrote: »
    does that just list the ones you still have to do or does it show ones you haven't discovered yet as well?

Just the ones you have to do. Anything not discovered, it doesnt show. The colorization one is handy too as it shows red for "this sh*t is too high level for you homes".

I didnt manage to find what I was actually looking for though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,106 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Encumbrance needs to be dropped from RPGs. Its stupid, You have a stash box that can bend time and space, where you drop in an item in novigrad and take it out in Skellige, but I can't carry more than 4 pairs of pants without slowing to a crawl.

On the one hand I agree, on the other hand I've been playing PoE recently and you just end up with masses and masses of loot that you sell on making money utterly irrelevant as you continue with the game. There needs to be a balance with drop rates imo. I do hate encumbrance and will mod it out if I can but a free for all probably isn't much better.

Usual "I'm at X point in the main story, am I nearly finished?" question....
    Ciri is sitting waiting on me to rescue her in the Isle of Mists, after doing so that will apparently trigger a battle with the Wild Hunt in Kaer Morhen. I've asked most of the characters I need to ask to come help in the battle.

Feeling that this might be the end nearing, I've gone off to clear secondary quests and Witcher contracts from the list. Hope someone will tell me that I'm only around the halfway point :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,787 ✭✭✭Evade

stankratz wrote: »
    Feeling that this might be the end nearing, I've gone off to clear secondary quests and Witcher contracts from the list. Hope someone will tell me that I'm only around the halfway point :o
    Not halfway but not right at the end either. There's probably 15+ hours to go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,446 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

so time to buy the expansions for a further 30-50 hours more gameplay YAY!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭jones

Skerries wrote: »
    so time to buy the expansions for a further 30-50 hours more gameplay YAY!

Ridiculous amount of content in the two DLC's especially blood and wine. Its like a whole new game in some ways. Psyched to see what they do in the next game Cyberpunk

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Started a fresh game to enjoy the expansions more.

200 hours or so to go! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Installed Preperations with a dozen other mods now. Now I need the chemical base of potions and oils in order to keep them replenished individually instead of just meditating and getting 5 Superior potions back which was OP. Also makes me need to kneel and meditate to prepare and level up. I got rid of enemy health/level bars and all enemies scale to in and around my level with a max of about 8 levels above me so I can do quests in any order I want instead of arbitrary peasants able to 1-shot me with a blackjack. Nice clean HUD and UI. Navigating with minimal map usage and mini-map turned off.

Thankfully I can configure the mods via the in-game menu and can apply oils without going into inventory. However re-applying in combat or accesing anything but quick-access potions is now forbidden which makes is nice and difficult. Have to really know what I'm up against and get the right stuff ready. Going for alchemy/adreanaline/heavy attack build. Much more fun this way. Feels like older Witchers now that the alchemy's not so casualised.

Taylor365 wrote: »
    Started a fresh game to enjoy the expansions more.

200 hours or so to go! :pac:

I did that when I restarted after a year. My previous save was just after starting
    Kaer Moerhan
    . I'm back there already almost, and I regret nothing. :P

just a quick question on quests in general and the xp that they give out. I'm tipping away nicely through the game, no rush, and doing pretty much all the sidequests I find. however some of them seem to give very little xp.

last night, In skellige, I did the quest where
    A child has been cursed by the former lover of the childs father. i chose to not deflect the curse onto the person who placed it as there was another option available to the father of the child
    , now granted, it wasn't a particularly long quest, but it only paid out 3xp. hardly worth the time it took to do it, when its over 2000 xp a level now. (the quest recommended level is 17, and I'm at 20)

is this pretty much par for the course from here on out? I dont recall much of that happening at the lower levels, but then again, a small payout would have made less of a difference when the xp required to level up was lower.

is this pretty much par for the course from here on out? I dont recall much of that happening at the lower levels, but then again, a small payout would have made less of a difference when the xp required to level up was lower.

It depends. Anything 6 or more levels below you will only give minimal XP I believe. However that quest looks bugged:

http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/46855-Quest-Bugged-The-Nithing?

"Is this quest supposed to have no level and only reward 5 xp? "

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,614 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

just a quick question on quests in general and the xp that they give out. I'm tipping away nicely through the game, no rush, and doing pretty much all the sidequests I find. however some of them seem to give very little xp.

last night, In skellige, I did the quest where
    A child has been cursed by the former lover of the childs father. i chose to not deflect the curse onto the person who placed it as there was another option available to the father of the child
    , now granted, it wasn't a particularly long quest, but it only paid out 3xp. hardly worth the time it took to do it, when its over 2000 xp a level now. (the quest recommended level is 17, and I'm at 20)

Ha I was just coming on the board to post something similar. A number of quests that I just couldn't get to resulted in XP awards of between 2-5 points.

In the quest screen if the mission is slightly greater than others then you won't get stung for tiny XP amounts.

To be fair it's a good idea. Encourages you to keep challenging yourself with tougher missions.

Downside though is if you just focus on side quests the main missions will be stung and vice versa.

Yeah its an odd one alright. I generally try and do the witcher contracts as soon as I'm within a level of them, but I was level 19 when i got to skellige and find myself a level or two over most of the sidequests.

I suppose they dont want you to reach the endgame as a godlike jack of all trades with every skill tree maxed out, but its a funny way of penalising someone whos trying to experience as much of the content as possible.

• Advertisement

There is also mod's there to modify this [havem't used them myself, so cannot comment]. Running out of XP & quests now, lvl 27 and just tying up loose ends before meeting that stupid
    tramp Yennifer
    in Skellige, which I think is just before I feck off to
    Kaer Moerhan

Just as a matter of interest, any point in doing expansions before finishing the first game?

Advertisement