Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Witcher 3

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Pickpocket

I'm also getting my arse handed to me in Hearts of Stone on deathmarch difficulty. Be careful what you wish for.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Pickpocket wrote: »
    I'm also getting my arse handed to me in Hearts of Stone on deathmarch difficulty. Be careful what you wish for.
    I'm finding it a walk. In saying that, i am lvl 36! :pac:

Taylor365 wrote: »
    I'm finding it a walk. In saying that, i am lvl 36! :pac:

I've just finished upgrading my Griffin School Gear and that has made a big difference. I was level 35 but my equipment didn't reflect it. I'm in much better shape now. I'm not exactly walking it but I'll definitely be sticking with Death March.

faceman wrote: »
    What order should I start the DLC?

Hearts of Stone first.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Way too easy too lock yourself out of quest.

• Advertisement

Where's a good place to sell hides? It doesn't have to be top price because I'm not interested in spamming meditation. I just want to bulk sell for a good price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Pickpocket wrote: »
    Where's a good place to sell hides? It doesn't have to be top price because I'm not interested in spamming meditation. I just want to bulk sell for a good price.

If I recall, the merchants/blacksmiths/etc at Novigrad square & in Oxenfurt are good for selling to and tend to have a good bit of money to buy. Avoid buying or selling anything at the Baron's place, absurdly bad balance. Dog tallows, wolfs livers & especially Dwarven spirit (all of which I seemed to forever have tonnes of) get great prices, as do some of the types of 'dust' you randomly pick up in barrels (though I usually only sold anything in excess of 12 of them in case they were needed for anything - extremely expensive to buy).

Also if you buy the ingredients for a few White Gull off someone it isn't cheap, so should free them up to have capacity to buy a lot of stuff back off of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I believe I'm on the home stretch (well, I've just completed a quest called
    final preparations
    so that would tend to suggest the end is near.

the more I've played, the more I've grown to like it, but I think a lot of it stems form the fact that I did't marathon the whole lot at once, its taken me almost a year to put in the near 100 hours so far.

I'm hoping the DLC goes on sale over christmas, I don't think I'm ready to leave geralt & co. behind just yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭jones

I believe I'm on the home stretch (well, I've just completed a quest called
    final preparations
    so that would tend to suggest the end is near.

the more I've played, the more I've grown to like it, but I think a lot of it stems form the fact that I did't marathon the whole lot at once, its taken me almost a year to put in the near 100 hours so far.

I'm hoping the DLC goes on sale over christmas, I don't think I'm ready to leave geralt & co. behind just yet.

Thats exactly how i felt as well. For the first hour or so i wasnt sure about the game and then suddenly it just clicked. 100+ hours on and its my favourite game of the past few years. It's the kind of game i wish they did a pro update on (or me buy a kick ass gaming pc) just to see it in all its visual glory - not the the PS4 is a graphical slouch.

Definitely get the DLC even at full price its well worth it they are large updates

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I know it's nice to get a deal on something, but definitely don't hang around for them on the DLC if you want to get stuck in. Hearts of Stone alone is only a few euro and it's better than most full price games (and slightly longer than some), no joke.

Blood and Wine I've only started but it seems to be the best value DLC for any game ever, considering you should get 40 hours from it. It's also excellent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Shougeki

Well there is a movie on the way, with rumors of a TV series.....

Also the DLCs are massive, and well worth it. Blood and Wine is bigger than a lot of other games on its own.....

Personally I hope the feckers hurry up and finish Cyberpunk 2077 and release it ASAP. However I also know they wont release it until they are happy with it anyways :S

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,274 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Shougeki wrote: »

There's already a movie: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0300657/?ref_=tt_rec_tt

:pac:

martyos121 wrote: »
    I know it's nice to get a deal on something, but definitely don't hang around for them on the DLC if you want to get stuck in. Hearts of Stone alone is only a few euro and it's better than most full price games (and slightly longer than some), no joke.

Blood and Wine I've only started but it seems to be the best value DLC for any game ever, considering you should get 40 hours from it. It's also excellent.
    I bought the 2013 Tomb Raider game for about €5 before The Witcher, disappointingly short but a very fun game nonetheless and the price was excellent. B&W is probably 4-5 times the total size of it, at a complete guess - it's fecking huge.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Shougeki wrote: »

Was thinking the other day The Witcher would make an excellent movie series akin to the Lord of the Rings, glad to hear a movie is in fact in the works! Would probably be best if they followed the books story line as the narrative is generally better than the games, but i wouldn't say no to a film based on the 3rd game.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Shougeki

Was thinking the other day The Witcher would make an excellent movie series akin to the Lord of the Rings, glad to hear a movie is in fact in the works! Would probably be best if they followed the books story line as the narrative is generally better than the games, but i wouldn't say no to a film based on the 3rd game.

From what I read it is based on the short stories books.
    Mickeroo wrote: »

Apparantly it is absolutely terrible, lol.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,613 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

I finished the main quest line and walked around White Orchard after, lonely and sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I finished the main quest line and walked around White Orchard after, lonely and sad.

I remember doing the exact same thing. At least you have Hearts of Stone to tear straight into!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,787 ✭✭✭Evade

Did you get a bad ending?

Evade wrote: »

faceman must be a bad person

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Isn't White Orchard ending the good and bittersweet ending? With the Velen ending being the bad ending? Don't know of any other ending than those 3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,935 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

I ended up alone back in Kaer Morhan because I shagged everything I could get my hands on.

Thargor wrote: »
    I ended up alone back in Kaer Morhan because I shagged everything I could get my hands on.
    Yen's an understanding woman, she doesn't care as long as it's not Triss.

Finally finished! On the phone so can't do spoiler tags, but I think I got what might be classed as the 'good' ending.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Finally finished! On the phone so can't do spoiler tags, but I think I got what might be classed as the 'good' ending.
    Witchin buddies for life?

Taylor365 wrote: »
    Witchin buddies for life?

That's the one!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,613 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Evade wrote: »

No, I got a good ending.
    Ciri is Empiress
    but I'm still a witcher.

but I'm still a witcher.
    I think that's always part of the ending. There's a slightly better ending where
    Geralt and Ciri start witchering together.

Righty,

so the ending I got was as follows - Obviously major spoilers if you read on from here.

Defeated the big bad, then avallach alighned the spheres and ciri sacrificed herself to stop the great frost. I was pretty bummed out that she had died, but afterwards I wound up in white orchard, where I met a swordmaker who gave me a sword. I then travelled to the Inn where Ciri was waiting for me. I then retired to the north with yennefer.

All in all, I'm happy enough with that ending, it seems to have tied up a lot of loose ends. I dont know if the following bits happen to everyone, but it kind of pops up in the credits so I assume it makes a difference.
    dudu the shapeshifter took the place of whoreson junior, and I carried out the plot to kill the king, but sided with roche instead of dykstra at the end.

Righty,

so the ending I got was as follows - Obviously major spoilers if you read on from here.

Defeated the big bad, then avallach alighned the spheres and ciri sacrificed herself to stop the great frost. I was pretty bummed out that she had died, but afterwards I wound up in white orchard, where I met a swordmaker who gave me a sword. I then travelled to the Inn where Ciri was waiting for me. I then retired to the north with yennefer.

All in all, I'm happy enough with that ending, it seems to have tied up a lot of loose ends. I dont know if the following bits happen to everyone, but it kind of pops up in the credits so I assume it makes a difference.
    dudu the shapeshifter took the place of whoreson junior, and I carried out the plot to kill the king, but sided with roche instead of dykstra at the end.
    My ending was almost identical to yours only
    I ended up alone, which I felt tied in with the DLC stuff better, though maybe they work around that depending on how it ends.

But yeah
    the stuff you mentioned apparently does matter - if you side with Dykstra, I think I read that he essentially takes Radovid's place with some differences. If you don't kill Radovid, they get full independence but under that madman - it's probably the bleakest way, as Geralt isn't fully human himself. Also if you choose to spare Junior Whoreson he lives the rest of his life as an outcast and beggar. Some other side quests effect the ending too, like for example if you don't do the side quests with Ciri right up near the end she properly dies, or if you do them differently she takes her dads place as the Emperor/Empress.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Darkest Horse

Spoiler tags didn't f'ing work. Sorry!

Advertisement