Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Witcher 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭StudentDad

This is my second run through of the game. New game + or whatever. I have the main quest parked where Gerry is meant to go visiting in his little boat and I'm levelling up my character and completing the DLC :) Working well so far :) I can't decide if I prefer cat wit her gear or a set of New Moon armour I stumbled over :)

SD

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Testament1

Currently on Final Preparations but been mostly fannying about doing contracts and checking out points of interest because I don't really want it to end haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

I havent played this in over a year because I got the bad ending.

I thought I was doing the right thing by letting Ciri choose.

I own the DLC but
    because i ****ing die at the end of mine I find it hard to play again........yes the bad ending means you die

I had elf dude, army dude and witcher from 2 with me for the fight at the castle, still not sure how I ****ed up the ending.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,787 ✭✭✭Evade

dreamers75 wrote: »
    I had elf dude, army dude and witcher from 2 with me for the fight at the castle, still not sure how I ****ed up the ending.
    I think what you do after Kaer Morhen has the biggest effect on the outcome. Did you have any of the sorceresses there too?

Evade wrote: »
    I think what you do after Kaer Morhen has the biggest effect on the outcome. Did you have any of the sorceresses there too?

Yup Yennifer and Triss, we fcuking raped the bad guys,

Its the 3 dialogues with Ciri after that that define your ending and I fcuked up.

• Advertisement

Its the 3 dialogues with Ciri after that that define your ending and I fcuked up.
    I just read up on the endings and that one messes up the other characters endings too.

You could always play it again, you can't do any worse.

Evade wrote: »
    I just read up on the endings and that one messes up the other characters endings too.

You could always play it again, you can't do any worse.

Im still annoyed.

big witcher fan and that game got to me :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,935 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Did anyone else have to turn the difficulty down to beat the last boss in Blood and Wine? Im all for a challenge but a one shot attack that cant be dodged? I tried it about 20 times wearing Grandmaster Griffin Armour with maxed out Quen and Quen enhancing runes and everything but just couldnt do it,
    I get killed the instant he does his bat attack.

I'm pretty sure you can dodge that attack but the timing is precise.

Seems to be a bit of a debate about whether its dodgeable or not, I never succeeded once in about 20 attempts, Ive no problem finishing a Souls game either so its not that, kind of spoiled the game a bit for me tbh.

• Advertisement

What difficulty did you start on?

Blood and Broken Bones.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,174 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

If the attack is the one I'm thinking about, you dodge it by breaking combat stance and sprinting to the side.

How do you break combat stance in a boss fight? (or any fight?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

I was able to dodge it OK, though got hit once or twice - being on the potion build definitely helped me out since I'd just hammer one in if needed. Beat him the first time, but I was probably below 5% energy on 5-6 different occasions, I'd say it was the most satisfying boss battle I can ever remember playing. :D

I just kept leaping from side to side when he was ready to swoop down, if that helps.

The one with the 5-6 Olgierd von Everec's I thought was much, much, much harder - was on the brink of turning down the difficulty for the last one when I pretty much fluked it.

Thargor wrote: »
    How do you break combat stance in a boss fight? (or any fight?)

It's a bit finicky but usually after a roll dodge, if there's enough distance between you and the enemy, you continue to hold X and Geralt will start sprinting.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

finally took the time to learn how to play Gwent and its a great game..pity there's no card version of it..I'd buy it in a heartbeat..no interest in the online version.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭recyclops

Blazer wrote: »
    finally took the time to learn how to play Gwent and its a great game..pity there's no card version of it..I'd buy it in a heartbeat..no interest in the online version.

There is a card version it was free with expansions you can purchase it in eBay, I did that myself the cards are in polish but once u know the rules it's perfectly fine.

Played a fair few games with all 4 decks.

Redownloaded Witcher 3 in GOG had the season pass but never played any DLC.

Gog doesnt have cloud saves :eek::mad:

Suppose I could play another 100 hours and right the wrongs from last time.

Redownloaded Witcher 3 in GOG had the season pass but never played any DLC.

Gog doesnt have cloud saves :eek::mad:

Suppose I could play another 100 hours and right the wrongs from last time.
    There will be save files out there you can download to give yourself a Lvl 30 Geralt with the main quest finished then you can just drink a potion of clearance and redistribute the points however you like.

• Advertisement

Might do that, I had full sets of all pre DLC outfits.

And a sword that set things on fire.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Might do that, I had full sets of all pre DLC outfits.

And a sword that set things on fire.
    Or you can email the save file to yourself from the other machine.

Taylor365 wrote: »
    Or you can email the save file to yourself from the other machine.

Same machine, I format every 6 months. Pretty sure I backed up my witcher 3 save as i do with others but its not to be found. Still have my 1 and 2 tho which is odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Well I finally finished and was happy with my ending...
    Ciri lives, becomes a witcher and Geralt lives happily with Yen
    Loved some of the sub-endings as well...its nice to see proper thought put into ending a trilogy and not throwing out some horse**** like Mass Effect..I'm still so fúcking pisseed off at that ending..that and lost...I've lost to meet both writers and punch them in the face..

now onto the DLCs to keep me going..

Blazer wrote: »
    now onto the DLCs to keep me going..
    Hearts of Stone is short but great, Blood and Wine I preferred even more and it's bigger than most full games. If it makes you feel better, it won a few RPG of the year awards despite only being DLC, and finished top 5 in a few outright game of the year awards!

Hearts of Stone is only short compared to Blood & Wine. Compared to almost every other game's story DLC, it's huge.

Finished Hearts of Stone, kinda wanted
    to kill Olgierd
    myself but couldnt find a solution to that.

Also noticed that his fighting style is different to every other enemy I have faced and now the bad guy from Blood and Wine has a similiar style.

Very hard to parry and counter that after 2 years of not playing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Anyone else come across the Hanse Base at the north end of Touissaint? Won't spoil anything but holy hell what a battle that is. Please tell me there's more of those bases?

martyos121 wrote: »
    Anyone else come across the Hanse Base at the north end of Touissaint? Won't spoil anything but holy hell what a battle that is. Please tell me there's more of those bases?

That's the first one I came across (in the kind of cave of sorts, right?), and if I remember it's certainly not the biggest! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

martyos121 wrote: »

There is. 4 all together i think but i can only seem to recall the one in the north and one in a huge cave network

Advertisement