Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Witcher 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

I did 3 main quests in Blood and Wine then every single Side quest and went to every single area.

Then finished the story and was sad :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Seen on FB that this was tied for top comments with 'The Last of Us' for best game they've ever played. I hadn't even heard of this game before then but decided to go out on a whim and buy it online to see what the fuss is about!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

On my second play-through and I never play games of this size more than once.

Still in the early stages and just getting to the Bloody Baron quest line but already I'm totally sucked in again.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,350 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I haven't gotten any master level stuff but the treasure hunts I've done generally just consist of scanning a small area with your witcher senses. They're probably the least interesting quests in the game but they are very short in fairness too.

Yeah, they're pretty boring alright, and occasionally stupidly frustrating.

Stupid stupid half an hour trying to find it when it was just around the corner ah god it still hurts to think about it stupid

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Shougeki

Seen on FB that this was tied for top comments with 'The Last of Us' for best game they've ever played. I hadn't even heard of this game before then but decided to go out on a whim and buy it online to see what the fuss is about!

I am really jealous of you. Starting it all now, fresh. I am sad :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Shougeki wrote: »
    I am really jealous of you. Starting it all now, fresh. I am sad :(

Have to agree, it probably is the best game I've ever played and while I'm not a hardcore gamer that's not something I would throw around lightly either - for 18 or so years before it was almost always Mario 64 (briefly GTA3 as I was about 15 when that came out - perfect timing :D).

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Shougeki

Billy86 wrote: »
    Have to agree, it probably is the best game I've ever played and while I'm not a hardcore gamer that's not something I would throw around lightly either - for 18 or so years before it was almost always Mario 64 (briefly GTA3 as I was about 15 when that came out - perfect timing :D).

There should be a support group. Something like WA - Withcher's Anonymous.

"Hi I am Shougeki, and it has been 3 months since I took a Witcher contract...."

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,274 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I find myself remarking out loud to myself about the weather a lot....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I find myself remarking out loud to myself about the weather a lot....

Still not as bad as doing the shopping in the tinned foods sectionafter my old room mate convinced me to play Fallout 4 - "my god, so much aluminium!!" :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

Finally completed the game in just under 90 hours, what a game. Is definitely one of my all time favourites. I'm going to take a little break before I start the expansion packs. I definitely think I'll start a rerun of the game in the near future and make some different choices this time. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Billy86 wrote: »
    I'm the same. The extent of my RPG's have been Final Fantasies & Kingdom Hearts. All I play lately is Rocket League. I'll make sure to post back in with my first impressions when it arrives.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Pam pa ram. Pam pam pa ram.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,444 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Pickpocket

May your axe never crumble.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

Just properly after getting into this after exams.....how the hell am I supposed to go back to a normal life while trying to play this :D a proper life sucker of a game, I'm spending hours literally doing nothing haha, fantastic!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Just properly after getting into this after exams.....how the hell am I supposed to go back to a normal life while trying to play this :D a proper life sucker of a game, I'm spending hours literally doing nothing haha, fantastic!

The worst part is when you try and play another game and instantly start comparing it.

I've always been reasonably satisfied with a heavily visually overhauled Skyrim, but the Witcher beats it out on just about everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Sonics2k wrote: »
    The worst part is when you try and play another game and instantly start comparing it.

I've always been reasonably satisfied with a heavily visually overhauled Skyrim, but the Witcher beats it out on just about everything.

To be fair, there's 4 years in the difference between the games, visual overhauls or not, and they're not really the same focus gameplay wise.

But yes, Witcher 3 does beat it out the game in most, if not all, respects.

but the Skyrim engine was old even when it first came out and they are still using it as seen in Fallout 4 which is newer than TW3 and looks like poo in comparison

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Witcher has a much better narrative and characters that you are interested in.

Skyrim is place you can do whatever you want in.

Both excellent games tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

Obviously TW3 is a better game than Skyrim.

But would it be the game it is without Skyrim? I'm not sure.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Skerries wrote: »
    but the Skyrim engine was old even when it first came out and they are still using it as seen in Fallout 4 which is newer than TW3 and looks like poo in comparison

Tbh I thought FO4 used a new engine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Wanna hear a limerick?

Lambert, Lambert, what a prick.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

I'm fairly new to this game, and it's my first playthrough, but I did the quest Family Matters there a night or two ago. Decided to take the Lubberkin option, felt bad for the Baron (quality voice acting by whoever did his character) while recognising he's a bit of a dick at times. That was some dark ****. Really really loved it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

I'm fairly new to this game, and it's my first playthrough, but I did the quest Family Matters there a night or two ago. Decided to take the Lubberkin option, felt bad for the Baron (quality voice acting by whoever did his character) while recognising he's a bit of a dick at times. That was some dark ****. Really really loved it.

Did the exact same yesterday, the writing and acting was fantastic! Really felt for the horrible fcuker

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Started into Blood and Wine last night - jaysus, there's no fuppin around! Straight in to some big monster fights. I'm desperate to make some money :D Not only have I Grand Master gear to get, but I have a house to renovate!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,174 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Shiminay wrote: »
    Started into Blood and Wine last night - jaysus, there's no fuppin around! Straight in to some big monster fights. I'm desperate to make some money :D Not only have I Grand Master gear to get, but I have a house to renovate!

I had to go salvaging off the coasts of Skellige to afford all the stuff in Blood & Wine. Very expensive. Pretty sure a Grandmaster set costs 20k+.

Doesn't help that I wasted about 25k on that cowboy runesmith from Hearts of Stone!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Finally completed the game in just under 90 hours, what a game. Is definitely one of my all time favourites. I'm going to take a little break before I start the expansion packs. I definitely think I'll start a rerun of the game in the near future and make some different choices this time. :)

do it properly.
    Start from 1 and work your way through the trilogy again!!!

I did that a few times for Mass Effect to get my multiple endings and those fúckers ruined it all for me with their crap ending..if someone ever introduced themselves to me as a writer for Mass Effect 3 or Lost I'd punch them in the face...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 20 KnackerKnight

Jays us there's some load of sex is this game,lol,is it longer than sky rim

• Registered Users Posts: 6,787 ✭✭✭Evade

Jays us there's some load of sex is this game,lol,is it longer than sky rim
    Depends on how much sex you have.

I've done pretty much all you can do and I put well over 100 hours into it. The in game counter says 359 but I think (hope) that's glitched.

• Advertisement

Tbh I thought FO4 used a new engine.

The Creation engine is just a reworked Gamebryo engine which is 15 years old now

Advertisement