Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Witcher 3

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Skerries wrote: »
    The Creation engine is just a reworked Gamebryo engine which is 15 years old now

raw

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Just finished Blood & Wine.

That's it. It's finished. There's no more. Now what do I do?:(

3911594517_0e66ec70f0_m.jpg

Think there'll be a remaster of the trilogy in about 10 years?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,787 ✭✭✭Evade

Pac1Man wrote: »
    Now what do I do?:(
    Wait for Cyberpunk.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Evade wrote: »
    Wait for Cyberpunk.

Yes, it has huge boots to fill though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Just started today. Looks like a very well polished game but I dunno if this'll be something I'll take too.

Is there anything I can do about the movement? It feels incredibly clunky and heavy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,174 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Just started today. Looks like a very well polished game but I dunno if this'll be something I'll take too.

Is there anything I can do about the movement? It feels incredibly clunky and heavy.

They patched in an alternate movement system. Should be in the options.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

J. Marston wrote: »
    They patched in an alternate movement system. Should be in the options.
    Thanks I'll try that. When I turned it on first there was something like a 20GB download so I started without it to not access online features.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

For what it's worth, I was feeling somewhat similar until I got out of the 'White Orchard' opening area. The feel for the movement etc got easier as I went along and this game just keeps opening up and opening up and opening up and...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Choose where you fight ****, dont let them choose.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I can't choose between School of Cat / Griffin / Bear armour, help.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    I can't choose between School of Cat / Griffin / Bear armour, help.

Cat. Without a doubt. :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Yea, I'd probably say Cat armour too, stamina regen is best in Light Armour and the final armour value is actually equal on all three sets. Bear swords do more damage mind you...

martyos121 wrote: »
    Cat. Without a doubt. :)

Aaaaand my save file is bugged - I've found the all the Cat School armor, but the armorer thinks I don't have it
    :(

• Administrators Posts: 53,832 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I thought the game was fairly boring until I got about half way through the Velen storyline.

Gets a lot better then. It's also less fun at the start as I found I died way more often, once you start unlocking ability points for attack and sign improvements it becomes a lot more fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Aaaaand my save file is bugged - I've found the all the Cat School armor, but the armorer thinks I don't have it
    :(
    Armorer too low a level? Also, there is an option that doesn't show recipes that can't be crafted.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 20 KnackerKnight

The inventory is on the main screen,its red with a red circle around it and its flashing ,whats this?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Shiminay wrote: »
    Yea, I'd probably say Cat armour too, stamina regen is best in Light Armour and the final armour value is actually equal on all three sets. Bear swords do more damage mind you...

armour value is the same but defense ratings for slashing/piercing etc are higher the heavier the armour.
    Cat armour is awesome though especially with whirl attacks:D
    But I like the look of the Wolven chest amour as its the one I've always associated with Geralt.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

The inventory is on the main screen,its red with a red circle around it and its flashing ,whats this?

overburdened? i.e. carrying too much weight?

Any tips on beating morvog the were wolf,his health seems to constantly replenish

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,274 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Any tips on beating morvog the were wolf,his health seems to constantly replenish

Devils puffball helps, and cursed oil.

Easiest method by far for werewolves though is to stun with axii them use heavy attack, then step back and stun again...and keep doing it until he's dead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Shougeki

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Devils puffball helps, and cursed oil.

Easiest method by far for werewolves though is to stun with axii them use heavy attack, then step back and stun again...and keep doing it until he's dead.

All the above. There should be a bestiary entry that tells you what works on what monster. If you dont have the entry go look for books! I believe fire might help negate the regen [IGNI or IGNI rune on weapon].

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭PrzemoF

Shougeki wrote: »
    From what I read it is based on the short stories books.

[About the movie] Apparantly it is absolutely terrible, lol.

Books are great (*), the movie is terrible and tv series is even worse.

(*) I didn'[t read the English translation, so I hope it's good as well.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Witcher

Taylor365 wrote: »
    Armorer too low a level? Also, there is an option that doesn't show recipes that can't be crafted.

It's not that - I can see Enhanced Feline (armor) in my Crafting list, and I can see Enhanced Griffin / Ursine (armor) when talking to the armorer (the Mastercraft girl in the Baron's place)
    Guess I'll go for a 3+3 armour/weapons set (yes I realise I don't have Grandmaster stuff yet)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Its broken and needs to be repaired, use a repair kit or craftsman to fix it.

• Administrators Posts: 53,832 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Never found the igni method much use for werewolves.

Axii and heavy attacks worked for me.

Im playing this game on the easiest setting and so far I havent had to level up anything to progress, I think I may have to start doing that now but I am finding it a little overwhelming. Would appreciate some tips of getting new weapons armour and specifically the alchemy and magic stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

Im playing this game on the easiest setting and so far I havent had to level up anything to progress, I think I may have to start doing that now but I am finding it a little overwhelming. Would appreciate some tips of getting new weapons armour and specifically the alchemy and magic stuff

You really won't enjoy the game the way it should be enjoyed on the easiest setting. You should be doing the 2nd hardest on your first playthrough otherwise the combat is pointless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Cina wrote: »
    You really won't enjoy the game the way it should be enjoyed on the easiest setting. You should be doing the 2nd hardest on your first playthrough otherwise the combat is pointless.

I'd say to do the hardest. Did it on easy at the very start to get used to everything, switched up to the hardest after leaving while or orchard but looking back I probably should have after 2 or so of gameplay. If you hit a brick wall bring the difficulty ultimate down after a few goes then put it back up when you've got past that part.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I would disagree with that. The hardest difficulty is quite hard with many monsters one shotting you. Can you use alchemy to cheese it? Of course you can but doesn't that defeat the purpose of playing it on the highest difficulty?

I'd rather avoid exploits or balancing oversights and play as the developers intended. Death march and the like isn't intended for first time players. Only people actively looking to cheese the game....or masochists.

• Advertisement

I played it on Sword&Story and its one of my GOTY's. I haven't a notion what the majority of the potions and bombs do. I never used an oil. I might someday come back to deathmarch.

Advertisement