Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Witcher 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Kirby wrote: »
    I would disagree with that. The hardest difficulty is quite hard with many monsters one shotting you. Can you use alchemy to cheese it? Of course you can but doesn't that defeat the purpose of playing it on the highest difficulty?

I'd rather avoid exploits or balancing oversights and play as the developers intended. Death march and the like isn't intended for first time players. Only people actively looking to cheese the game....or masochists.
    I prefer a challenge.

Death March without Quen or exploits. The witcher gear still overpowers you :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,613 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

I played it on Sword&Story and its one of my GOTY's. I haven't a notion what the majority of the potions and bombs do. I never used an oil. I might someday come back to deathmarch.

I rarely used bombs unless destroying a nest or required to in a quest. I didnt use potions often and when I did, it was late in the game.

I did frequently use oils though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭SkinnyBuddha

why do dwarfs always have scottish accents ?:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 20 KnackerKnight

Taylor365 wrote: »
    I prefer a challenge.

Death March without Quen or exploits. The witcher gear still overpowers you :pac:

Yea but the game is so vast its a challenge to complete and see everything even on easy setting

faceman wrote: »
    I rarely used bombs unless destroying a nest or required to in a quest. I didnt use potions often and when I did, it was late in the game.

I did frequently use oils though.

What's the point of destroying nests

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,174 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

why do dwarfs always have scottish accents ?:D

And why is there no female dwarfs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭SkinnyBuddha

J. Marston wrote: »
    haven't noticed that but now that you mention it.....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

J. Marston wrote: »

They're female under the armour and beards.

I'm pretty sure there's female dwarves in TW2 they just sound different to the men

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,613 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Stops more monsters spawning and you can loot the nest.

Stuck again ,in ugly baby quest ,been insructed to help yen fix the megascope but when i talk ther all she talks about is the wild hunt .Stuck on the disturbance quest also ,i speak to the ugly baby but no new dialogue

• Advertisement

Found ciri and back at kaer morhen.Am i close to the end

• Registered Users Posts: 6,787 ✭✭✭Evade

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Well......... no. There's a reason this is reckoned to be possibly the biggest offline game ever made. You've got tonnes ahead of you yet! :D

Plus if you've got the two DLCs, Hearts of Stone apparently has as many gameplay hours as the Uncharted/newer Tomb Raider games, while Blood & Wine is about double that at least. So... enjoy!

Spent 19 hours playing this yesterday 13.00 till 08:00 this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

lol. Time well spent my good man, time well spent....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

so i just got to novigrad and am trying to find dandalions many women, how much of the main game am i through? ive like 70 hours in already :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

you know what, that does not surprise me one bit, over xmas ive had many 6-6am nights with this :pac: im back to college monday and ive no idea how the hell im going to readjust haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

I tried playing this but couldn't get into it. I must give it another go given all the rave reviews. I stopped on the mission where you have to kill the griffin which is one of the first? Is the game play sameish after this or does it change?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

SteoL wrote: »
    I tried playing this but couldn't get into it. I must give it another go given all the rave reviews. I stopped on the mission where you have to kill the griffin which is one of the first? Is the game play sameish after this or does it change?

That area is the tutorial pretty much, but the gameplay remains the same throughout the rest of the game. Where the game really shines is through the characters you meet and the world they inhabit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

There's plenty of variety in the game, you just have to go further to see it. If you don't like the game by the time you've done a few missions in Novigrad, then it might be fair to leave it. Try and get that far at least, but I'm pretty sure you'll be enjoying even when you get as far as Velen.

I'm playing through Shadow of Mordor now which is pretty great, but I keep thinking to myself every hour or so that goes by "it's just not as good as Witcher 3". Seriously considering a NG+ now even with the disgustingly long backlog I have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

so i just got to novigrad and am trying to find dandalions many women, how much of the main game am i through? ive like 70 hours in already :D

If you were on a trip from Dingle to Dublin you're... probably somewhere around Tralee! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

That area is the tutorial pretty much, but the gameplay remains the same throughout the rest of the game. Where the game really shines is through the characters you meet and the world they inhabit.

Must try it again so. Embarrassing to have given up at the tutorial stage of a game. I usually give them a fair go before deciding its not for me and I usually enjoy RPG's.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Must try it again so. Embarrassing to have given up at the tutorial stage of a game. I usually give them a fair go before deciding its not for me and I usually enjoy RPG's.

I played it for 10-15 hours and just didn't get the love for it, really enjoyed TW2 but I was coming off the back of Bloodborne and just hated the combat.

Left it aside for like six months, gave it another whack and played for about 3 weeks straight.

Give it another go, definitely.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,094 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I gave up on this because I was only getting on for an hour or two twice a week and when I was playing I always wanted to play for longer.

I do plan on getting back into it eventually.

Just completed witcher 3

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

It also part if what allows people to return to villages. This opens up new traders etc.

Which DLC should I do first

• Registered Users Posts: 6,787 ✭✭✭Evade

Which DLC should I do first
    Hearts of Stone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I did the same and I had loved the previous 2.
    Think I blame GTA V for spoiling me .
    Went back to it after a few months and loved it

Advertisement