Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Witcher 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Trying to make different decisions on my second play through, but when it gets down to it, I actually find it hard to do so. Saw both endings to the Bloody Baron story though - both hit like a ton of bricks.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,174 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

What do people consider the good ending? It's been out almost 18 months but I'll put it in spoilers....
    Ciri the Witcher or Ciri the Empress? I think Ciri the Witcher but I've seen a lot that argued it would be better if she was Empress.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

For me it was
    the Empress. Seemed to me like the world needed someone like her in charge and that having seen things from literally every angle, she could do some real good. Thought she would have been wasted as just a Witcher.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,787 ✭✭✭Evade

J. Marston wrote: »
    What do people consider the good ending? It's been out almost 18 months but I'll put it in spoilers....
    Ciri the Witcher or Ciri the Empress? I think Ciri the Witcher but I've seen a lot that argued it would be better if she was Empress.
    It depends what's more important to you
    Ciri's happiness or the common people. For Ciri her being a witcher is probably the better ending. For everyone else Ciri being the empress is probably the better ending.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Evade wrote: »
    It depends what's more important to you
    Ciri's happiness or the common people. For Ciri her being a witcher is probably the better ending. For everyone else Ciri being the empress is probably the better ending.
    This. If i was Ciri i would choose the life of a Witcher and that of freedom. All her life she was hounded by other people for this or that and never had the freedom to do whatever she wants except when she got lost in Nilfgaard and joined up with The Rats for a short time. Finally when she has saved the world from the White Frost she is expected to commit to a life of servitude as Queen of Cintra/Nilfgaard? **** that. She doesn't owe the world anything, in fact its quite the opposite.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

K.O.Kiki wrote: »

Wow that was a hell of a lot more than I was expecting to read. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

faceman wrote: »
    Stops more monsters spawning and you can loot the nest.

Hold on, you can loot the nest after? Goddamn it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Might be worth checking out https://haveibeenpwned.com/
    CD Projekt RED has had more than 1.8 million user credentials including usernames, email addresses and passwords stolen from its online forum, according to data breach notification website 'Have I Been Pwned?'.

The breach occured in March 2016, but it has surfaced today.

Might be worth checking out https://haveibeenpwned.com/
    CD Projekt RED has had more than 1.8 million user credentials including usernames, email addresses and passwords stolen from its online forum, according to data breach notification website 'Have I Been Pwned?'.

The breach occured in March 2016, but it has surfaced today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Xenji wrote:
    Might be worth checking out

Received the email earlier today. I was one, yay!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

**** sake I was got as well. Sound for the heads up CDPR.

I'm never buying yer games again*

*complete lies

Stranger In A Strange Land. What an absolutely terrible quest.

Forced to lose in a fight via cutscene against a fat village boy, not given any dialogue to tell Madman Lugos to go **** himself and I'm only half way through it.

So at odds with the rest of the writing in this game so far. Really shockingly bad.

If I get the chance to drown or otherwise kill his son, I'm going to ****ing take it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,176 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Started this again on Saturday, and really enjoying it again. Playing it on Death March, and it's grand as long as you play it carefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭saneman

Kiith wrote: »
    Started this again on Saturday, and really enjoying it again. Playing it on Death March, and it's grand as long as you play it carefully.

Thinking of doing the same and I've been meaning to try the Enhanced Edition mod but didn't want to chance affecting existing saves at the time so a new playthrough may be just the answer. Anyone tried it out?

The changes are pretty comprehensive and while the vid's 30mins long the description has shortcuts to each section covered (also link to mod)

if I was pretty much at the start should I install this enhanced edition mod?
    it makes the combat more difficult - is that the main effect?

glasso wrote: »
    if I was pretty much at the start should I install this enhanced edition mod?
    it makes the combat more difficult - is that the main effect?

From a quick glance at the video it seems to make the combat more like Dark Souls with a stamina system for both attacks and dodges and another enenergy system for Signs. I guess it would make it harder since some of the ways you can build Geralt can get overpowered real quick. If it's you're first time through the game I'd just stick with the unmodded combat and put the difficulty on Deathmarch

• Registered Users Posts: 12,444 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Skerries wrote: »

Incredible! I'd love to go to an event like that. The crowd was huge, where they all there just to listen to Witcher music, or was it part of a bigger event?

I'm in Skellige.

I'd ****ing kill both Triss and Yennefer and the bloody unicorn for a JC3-style wing/jump suit.

Cliffs are ****ing annoying.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 331 ✭✭Johnboner

I'm in Skellige.

I'd ****ing kill both Triss and Yennefer and the bloody unicorn for a JC3-style wing/jump suit.

Grand those swords, but I prefer my trusty axe.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

I'm in Skellige.

Yeah I loved the Skellige isles for the scenery and landscape. But you're right the cliffs are annoying. It's the only map in the game that I used fasttravel on due to this and the fact that it's so slow sailing the boat across to the other isles!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Ahhhh.. just finished my new playthrough of 1 and 2 today and I've launched straight back into a new game of W3 to wrap it all up.
    I tried to get as perfect a playthrough as possible to try and have as much content unlocked as I could for the first 2 games - having Letho around and that kind of thing.

It's my 2nd playthrough and my first since B+W and HoS came out.

Starting things off with Death March and it's a lot less hard than I remembered. I played the 2nd highest difficulty first time round and remember getting kicked around the place until I had 4/5 skills unlocked.
    I suppose that reflects well on the game. It's not just about min-maxing - you can punch well above your weight with judicious use of signs, good movement and all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Gbear wrote: »
    Ahhhh.. just finished my new playthrough of 1 and 2 today and I've launched straight back into a new game of W3 to wrap it all up.
    I tried to get as perfect a playthrough as possible to try and have as much content unlocked as I could for the first 2 games - having Letho around and that kind of thing.

It's my 2nd playthrough and my first since B+W and HoS came out.

Starting things off with Death March and it's a lot less hard than I remembered. I played the 2nd highest difficulty first time round and remember getting kicked around the place until I had 4/5 skills unlocked.
    I suppose that reflects well on the game. It's not just about min-maxing - you can punch well above your weight with judicious use of signs, good movement and all that.
    You can pretty much kill anything using dodge-attack-dodge-attack, unless its a wraith or flying beast, which have an even easier pattern of attack.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Just a heads up for anyone on Xbox one, the season pass is currently on sale. If you can buy from other marketplaces, it works out at approx €12 from singapore.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

On sale for 30 quid directly from the developers themselves on GOG, too.https://www.gog.com/game/the_witcher_3_wild_hunt_game_of_the_year_edition

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Just a heads up for anyone on Xbox one, the season pass is currently on sale. If you can buy from other marketplaces, it works out at approx €12 from singapore.

For anyone struggling to make a judgement call on this, the first one is about the same amount of game hours as Doom or a Tomb Raider game, while the second is at least double that when you factor in exploring the new map etc. The second one (Blood and Wine) also made a -lot- of top 5/10 games of the year lists in 2016 on it's own! €12 will probably not be better spent on anything game related all year.

https://howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=30003
    https://howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=33660

https://howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=10469
    https://howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=19266
    https://howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=2708

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Can't praise the DLC enough, it's an absolute steal at any price tbh. Hearts of Stone probably has the slightly better story imo, but Blood and Wine is basically a brand new game, a long and fantastic one at that which you'll probably sink at least 30 hours into.

I've been going through a lot of open-world games in my backlog since I completed this and all the DLC, and I can't seem to go more than a few hours into any of them without longing to go back to this and start a NG+. I've resisted so far because I hardly ever replay games but I don't know how much longer I can keep that up. That's probably the most telling review I could give of The Witcher 3.

• Administrators Posts: 53,832 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Just completed the main story for the first time. My ending:
    Ciri the Witcher
    Geralt the Loner (tried to romance both Triss and Yennefer)
    Radovid wins the war
    Baron hangs himself
    Cerys Queen on Skellige

I know I avoided the "bad" ending, but not really sure how it ranks otherwise.

• Advertisement

awec wrote: »
    Just completed the main story for the first time. My ending:
    Ciri the Witcher
    Geralt the Loner (tried to romance both Triss and Yennefer)
    Radovid wins the war
    Baron hangs himself
    Cerys Queen on Skellige

I know I avoided the "bad" ending, but not really sure how it ranks otherwise.

Probably in the middle
    Ciri the Empress is a better ending
    and to be honest the rest are really a matter of taste.

Advertisement